TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Warning rant coming up

This is an example of horrible reporting IMO

Tracking Bain family through Facebook

But in April, Bain changed her hometown status on Facebook from her hometown of Whiteville to her new home city of Tucson, Arizona. There are even pictures of Alex and Adrienne on picture day at their new school in Tucson.

http://www.wdam.com/story/18159117/tracking-bain-family-through-facebook

From Joanns FB those pictures were taken at the latest in 2010....grrr

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...59419482.11058.100000110046266&type=3&theater

Please correct me if I'm wrong, wouldn't be the first time and definitely not the last.

Where is the U-haul now? Whose name was the U-haul in? Did he used the U-Haul to kidnap the group of them?
Thinking aloud.

maybe he thought she went willingly and thought that saying we could work things out was because of that" maybe he didn't realize that they were kidnapped. i was watching the today show and they said 2 bodies were found at his house but they are not releasing info but at the same time le is saying that they are still searching for the mom and her daughters so that makes me think that the bodies were not of them.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...XFh9Vw?docId=d4a89bf4ae2842979086c96059bac774
Authorities had said over the weekend that Mayes could be in Mississippi but that he has ties to Arizona, Texas, North Carolina, South Carolina and Florida.

Authorities described Adrienne as having brown hair and eyes. She's 5 feet 4 inches tall and 129 pounds. Alexandria has brown hair and hazel eyes and is 5 feet tall and 105 pounds. Kyliyah has blonde hair and brown eyes and is 4 feet tall and 57 pounds.

Mayes has brown hair and blue eyes and is 6 feet 3 inches tall and weighs 175 pounds.

However, authorities said Mayes may have cut his hair, as well as cut and dyed the girls' hair to disguise their identities.

I'm wondering, was GB's work requiring him to go back and forth to Arizona and they had two houses, one in TN and one in Arizona? Pics show they were in Arizona at times, had friends there and went back and forth, or could it be JB and the kids would go back and forth during the summer? Because I'm trying to understand why they would let this man take those children back and forth to his home in MS and why he had such influence over their lives.

AM's house outside Guntown was only about 80 miles away from the Bain household.

News reports said that AM's parents and wife lived there, so it may not have seemed like such a strange thing, particularly since there has been no mention of AM having children.

My ex-sil (my brother's first wife) and I are still close friends. Closer actually than my brother (also known in our family as the "deadbeat daddy") and I are.

If AM was able to put on a good front as a caring, reliable friend who had a family type connection... well, I'm not surprised that their guard was down around him and that they apparently trusted him.

iirc one of the articles I read in the thread (sorry am just catching up on the case) said that after the girls didn't come home from school he called LE..

That being said, if he was supposed to leave with his buddy that day in the Uhaul didn't he find it fishy that his buddy, wife, and the car are missing?

I think we are missing large bits of information in this story imhoo.

eta: was AM upset that they were moving to AZ? (seems like he most certainly was passing the girls off as his daughters)

Hey Nursie.

So, if AM was only supposed to help load it, perhaps dad Bain simply thought he'd shirked his commitment and decided not to help until later in the day. Maybe the actual plan was to leave on the Saturday morning, not the Friday morning. Pack uhaul Friday, start the drive Saturday?

Something lead LE to believe for an entire week that JB might have chosen to leave voluntarily with AM and the girls. Perhaps there was a divide between the parents about moving permanently to AZ? Perhaps there were suspicions that JB and AM were closer than would have been appropriate?

If we include Gary's FB point referenced in a post above, then it does sound as if there was dissension between Gary & JB of some sort. I interpret Gary's words in that as if he himself believed JB had left by choice, not by force.

And perhaps she did, then something went wrong and triggered AM's violence. Maybe she realized that AM wasn't the solution to problems, but was a further complication. Perhaps she wanted to return with the girls to Gary's and that made AM snap, combined with LE investigating him, that was too much stress for this suspect who wanted the girls?

Well AM was going with GB that morning so one story goes.
Now if GB wakes up and no one is there isnt Gb suspicious? He is supposed to leave....
So no one is there he goes about his day and is alarmed when the girls dont get off the school buss.

So did he not wonder where his wife was all day?
Did AM call him with some excuse?
Makes no sense.

Obviously he did wonder what his wife was doing because he attempted to call her cell phone.

Under the circumstances as known so far, I would not have been instantly suspicious if there was nothing obviously wrong at home (no signs of struggle, for instance). I'd probably feel confused like "wait, did I get the day wrong for our plans?"

I'd try to call AM and JB but if I didn't get an answer, I wouldn't freak out because this is my trusted friend and my wife.

It wouldn't be until my kids failed to get off the school bus that I'd move beyond feeling confused to being actively worried and call 911.

I mean, clearly GB and JB trusted AM very much. They felt they could trust him with their kids, they felt they could call on him to help out with the move, etc. Since they trusted him so much, why would GB feel suspicious right away?

It is much more common for people to have a failure of communication in planning than it is for a guy to take off with a woman and her three kids, have two bodies found in shallow graves in his own yard, etc.

maybe he thought she went willingly and thought that saying we could work things out was because of that" maybe he didn't realize that they were kidnapped. i was watching the today show and they said 2 bodies were found at his house but they are not releasing info but at the same time le is saying that they are still searching for the mom and her daughters so that makes me think that the bodies were not of them.

His parents maybe?

My latest theory is that Jo Ann did go with AM willingly, but somewhere along the line, the girls were no longer willing participants, which caused AM to snap.

well here is a thought: if AM was at the family house to help pack and drive the uhaul and wasn't too happy about it... he could have easily got the mom and kids into the car by saying he was going to give them a ride to school? Could also be why hubby 'thought' they were gone to school?

just a thought.

Has any one noticed that the 14 yr old daughter AB lists Paco Rodrigass as her brother on FB? Is this just a 14 yr old type deal, or are they somehow related? In one of the pictures I did think they looked similar. Was AM just a family friend or are they connected some other way?

Is or was this guy married?

There is a post a few pages back (sorry, I forgot who posted it) with a link to marriage records in TN. It shows a marriage between AM and a TP ( I think those were the initials) in 2001. Not sure if he is still married, don't think it has been mentioned anywhere.

Warning rant coming up

This is an example of horrible reporting IMO

Tracking Bain family through Facebook

But in April, Bain changed her hometown status on Facebook from her hometown of Whiteville to her new home city of Tucson, Arizona. There are even pictures of Alex and Adrienne on picture day at their new school in Tucson.

http://www.wdam.com/story/18159117/tracking-bain-family-through-facebook

From Joanns FB those pictures were taken at the latest in 2010....grrr

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...59419482.11058.100000110046266&type=3&theater

Please correct me if I'm wrong, wouldn't be the first time and definitely not the last.
Good job!

It's certainly misleading. wcmtv.com also regurgitated the same thing. (AP story?)

The "picture day" photo has a date of November 21, 2009 and is in her "Arizona" FB album. I didn't check the others.

I'm increasingly disenchanted with the media.

A link upthread said that the family previously lived in AZ.

So the info seems technically correct (i.e., "their new school back in 2009").

:sigh:

Perhaps that clears up the earlier discussion/confusion about the current school year.

I just went back to the beginning of this thread and looked at some news articles, jotted some notes. Nothing new, but just to help me keep track of some things at the beginning.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/tennessee/fbi-searching-for-missing-family-rpt-20120430
While Joann Bain's husband would not speak to us on camera, he did say the last time he saw Joann was around 1 am Friday, before they slept. When he woke up, the four were gone along with their SUV. Deputies found the truck on Monday.
Herron says the family talked about moving back to Arizona, where they previously lived.

http://wreg.com/2012/05/01/man-finds-missing-womans-van-after-seeing-wreg-story/
Monday, Gary Bain, Joann

Has any one noticed that the 14 yr old daughter AB lists Paco Rodrigass as her brother on FB? Is this just a 14 yr old type deal, or are they somehow related? In one of the pictures I did think they looked similar. Was AM just a family friend or are they connected some other way?

Yes, the "brother" thing was discussed earlier, others had noticed that. According to one of the articles, AM and GB were at one point married to sisters. i.e. AM is GB's former brother in law and vice versa.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back