TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OK isn't Tereasa Mayes the same person as another TM on those FB pages?

For the past two years, Patterson said she has rented the double-wide trailer at 1343 Highway 9 North to Adam Mayes and his family. He lived there with his parents, Johnny and Mary Mayes, as well as a woman Patterson described as Mayes' wife, Teresa Mayes.

http://nems360.com/view/full_story/...ls-was-friend?instance=lead_story_left_column

Yes, Teresa Mayes is friends with the Bain family on FB. That is AM's wife. She and his parents are all living in a motel now. I'm sure if they were missing, the media would have reported it by now as that would make this an even bigger story.

I'm a heavy sleeper. Really heavy sleeper. I've slept through a lot of things. Including a Hurricane. My heart seriously aches for the father and his eldest daughter. I honestly believe they have nothing to do with this and he's probably being really hard on himself for not waking up.

MOO

Totally serious here... my Dad is exactly the same way.
Several years ago when I was a kid we had an earthquake. I was downstairs eating and my food went flying.
We had not had an earthquake before and I thought an airplane ran into the house because we live underneath a "stall zone."

My little brother was outside screaming trying to find the plane. My Mom was on the toilet in the master bathroom screaming her guts out...
My Dad was sleeping peacefully in the master bedroom. He claims it's because it was a waterbed. :waitasec:

He could EASILY sleep through all of us being abducted. He slept through my mother's labor and later her hip dislocations while in the same room. :what:
He gets teased a lot about it. People ask him why he has guns... so he can protect himself when he sleeps through a robbery? :waitasec:

The suspect in the case of a missing woman and her daughters had lived with his parents in the Alpine community only part of the time and in Tennessee the rest, said his landlord Mary Patterson.

For the past two years, Patterson said she has rented the double-wide trailer at 1343 Highway 9 North to Adam Mayes and his family. He lived there with his parents, Johnny and Mary Mayes, as well as a woman Patterson described as Mayes' wife, Teresa Mayes.

All had moved from Tennessee, Patterson said, but she didn't know from which city. White Pages showed a recent address for all four Mayes in Jackson, Tenn., the same place from which Jo Ann Bain, 31, and her daughters – Adrienne, 14; Alexandria, 12 and Kyliyah, 8 – went missing.

There was a conversation on fb between JB and TM and TM said that Johnny and Mary said to tell them all hello and they loved them. TM told JB she loved them all. This was a close knit relationship between these people and it appears that AM probably took full advantage of this to keep the contact with the girls. None of the pics I've seen show TM with him, but only with the girls.

AM has to have a criminal or unstable past. He has ties to many other states, so did he show his true colors with others and then move on elsewhere?

Did he get close to this family because his own family had given up on him?

Could he fool them for this long? I knew someone like this. He would go into hiding, when he couldn't control his "off" times. Those that never saw him when he was "off" thought others that knew he was unstable were crazy, because he convinced them they were!!

AM must have been very good at manipulating this family!

BBM

I don't think his own family had given up on him, since he and his wife were living with him. Apparently he was spending quite a bit of time in Tennessee, maybe with the excuse that he was able to find more work there?

As for his past... he may or may not have been caught before but I tend to think you're right: this is not the first time he's done something illegal.

And your observation about the man you knew who would go into hiding when he was "off" seems likely to me. It sounds like AM was dividing time between Tennessee and Mississippi, which would give him more chances to conceal mood swings, etc.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000500523075

Here is a link to GB's FaceBook page. The only publicly available photo is the profile pic. But even from that, I can see that Kyliyah has his nose and mouth, as well as his color hair. I think she looks NOTHING like AM, and for some reason I feel offended when people say she might be his. I think it is because I see him as a sociopath who lied about these kids being his so he could molest them, and I believe his lies need to be exposed! JMO

Hi all. I've been keeping up with this case here but not commenting. Until now. I looked at GB's FB and then found the youngest girl's and looked at her pics. That precious child in her little softball uniform just tears me up.

I pray to God this creep hasn't hurt her or any of the girls for that matter. I know this doesn't make much sense, but now I feel personally invested and want to go find this creep myself:furious:

I don't understand why they are digging. If the two graves were shallow, I'm not sure why they would expect there to be something else. Unless there is an area that appears to have been disturbed.

Here's something to consider. Perhaps the wife is at another location, and he is going to meet her there.

BBM

Bodies buried deeper in the same location, maybe.

According to the woman who owns the mobile home, AM's parents and wife are in hiding at a motel.

'The rest of the family has since moved to a motel' doesn't necessarily mean both parents and TM have survived. It could be a combination of some of them, or all of them. Until IDs have been released, we won't know who is still included in 'the rest of the family'.

Aside from the obvious need to relocate while searches continue in and around the home, they may be in fear themselves, &/or trying to duck the media. LE might also have advised the family to avoid giving interviews in case it might make AM even more dangerous and volatile.

Family might be working with LE to try and locate/communicate with AM via less public pleas and channels.

BBM

Bodies buried deeper in the same location, maybe.

According to the woman who owns the mobile home, AM's parents and wife are in hiding at a motel.

Where is this info coming from? I am very curious about the reactions of his family and if they are aiding LE at all

Hi all. I've been keeping up with this case here but not commenting. Until now. I looked at GB's FB and then found the youngest girl's and looked at her pics. That precious child in her little softball uniform just tears me up.

I pray to God this creep hasn't hurt her or any of the girls for that matter. I know this doesn't make much sense, but now I feel personally invested and want to go find this creep myself:furious:

I know what you mean. I've been really grasping at straws to not have to think that one of these children has been killed. Not that anyone being killed is good, but a child is just so much worse.

What I don't understand is how GB slept through 3 girls, a wife and a man getting ready for school in the morning. I have one child and we always wake my husband up in some way when we get her ready in the mornings. Perplexes me

I'm a light sleeper and everything wakes me up.

My husband? I could run a marching band into the bedroom and over the bed and he would sleep right through it.

My father is the same way. A few years ago, a tornado literally passed within a block of my parents' home and he slept right through the whole thing, even though the entire house was shaking.

If GB had been doing a lot of packing and moving stuff around, he may have also been extra tired and more likely to be sleeping deeply.

If it's TM and her parents living in a hotel, to get out of the house, that would suggest they were there when he brought JB and the girls to the house. Could it be the woman who owns the home doesn't know exactly who all is living in the hotel? That would suggest the Mayes were there when two people were killed and put in shallow grave and didn't know about it till LE checked there. Or he came at night when they were all sleeping buried two bodies and they never knew he came. I still wonder who exactly is in the graves and why they're not saying.

Imo it's imperative for the general public to have more information than this! I'm really stunned that I have sat here since about 3am and still don't have a clear relationship history, a clear time table as to the kids and mom leaving the house. The public should be made aware of exactly how many humans we need to look for. And in what age configuration for pete's sake!

To me, a BOLO/APB would be much better utilized if the general public knew who,when and were they should be looking.(not that LE has asked for our help)

I just cannot get a grasp on this case. Obviously something horrible is happening. I don't know why I can't jump on the pedo angle yet. For all we know the mom could've buried AM and his wife. I mean really right now i know nothing, 2 days after the discovery of bodies that are obviously tied to this case.

Can someone elaborate on where Mayes' parents are?

Peeps: we do not post about scanner chatter upstairs. If anyone would like a scanner thread for this case you can make one in the basement. That being said, what happens on the scanner thread stays in the scanner thread.

Another gentle reminder: please be very careful about posting rumors from facebook.

eta: I just made you a scanner link: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I appoligize , Nurse, Don't know what on earth I was thinking doing that.

I thought so too until I read the article saying the rest of the Mayes family had moved into a hotel. Now I'm so confused I don't know what to think :banghead:

If the landlady is the source of the above info, she may have got that from LE. They don't appear to want much in the media about anything yet.

From wtva twitter
Multiple members of the media had been told a press conference would be held in Guntown. #wtva
Hope so and hope we get some answers about whats going on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie
Back