TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has any one noticed that the 14 yr old daughter AB lists Paco Rodrigass as her brother on FB? Is this just a 14 yr old type deal, or are they somehow related? In one of the pictures I did think they looked similar. Was AM just a family friend or are they connected some other way?

thats what teeangers do they list their close friends as brothers sisters even husbands and wife's its common if you have really close friends and they are like brothers or sisters to you.

thats what teeangers do they list their close friends as brothers sisters even husbands and wife's its common if you have really close friends and they are like brothers or sisters to you.

Not a 36 yr old man!
Sorry Smile i dont see that!

But thats JMO

so, what would be considered the most local news sources to the manhunt? tia (and wow... was just looking at pictures... this looks like a ground man hunt.. in other words like he doesn't have a car and is out in the woods, etc etc the way these guys are geared up)

http://www.trbimg.com/img-4fa7f737/turbine/la-na-nn-southern-manhunt-20120507-001/600

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-southern-manhunt-20120507,0,5876466.story

Closest news outlets are:
djournal.com (Tupelo newpaper website)
wtva.com (Tupelo/North MS NBC affiliate website)
and next are the Memphis newspaper-- The Commercial Appeal and TV stations: WREG, WMC etc....late for a phone conference so don't have time to Google for you. Just Google Memphis TV stations and it will all come up for you.

It is interesting to me that LE has not had GB plea for their safe return. GB is/was seemingly very close to AM/Paco. It would appear, to me, to be a very effective way to try to ensure their safe return.

I wondered about this for a while, then thought that AM/Paco would view the husband as 'the enemy', he may harm them just to see that they never return to said husband.
This perp is mentally unstable (kidnapping and murder of 2 that we know of).

Maybe the 2 unidentified people are those who lived at the address, because he was able to dig a shallow grave for 2 before making his escape (possibly even before he abducted the family).

The burial is unusual if he kept 2 of 4 people and was already on the run.

If it was his parents, maybe he killed and buried them, and the family were taken to prevent THEM from finding the bodies.?

So many ifs....

Quote from WTVA on their FB page:

The Memphis FBI said at the beginning two bodies were found. The Union County sheriff, who's been our local contact, said the same thing. As far as the names are concerned, it's up to authorities to do that. Sheriff Jimmy Edwards said they knew who the bodies belonged to, but could not release that information at this time.

Again, I am wondering what the strategy is behind not releasing the IDs yet? Is LE fearful that the ID release could put AM further into a tailspin? Or is it a case of notifying all of the next of kin?

Can somebody please tell me how you can have a BOLO and never even give the type of vehicle these victims are supposedly in????? I am in Tennessee and what if he showed up in this area? It is like they expect these poor people to be seen walking down the street.........WTHeck??

THAT is the question I have been asking from the beginning. I called Hardeman Co and dispatch just said she didn't think they knew.

On another note...if it was his parents in backyard, you would think LE would release that info by now...unless they unrecognizable. Ugh. :sigh:

Good find. This might be a good source to keep an eye on. They're providing updates pretty quickly. Samples:

UPDATE: 1:39 p.m. - FBI agent taking buckets and shovels behind Mayes house. More as it is available.

UPDATE: 1 p.m. - Law enforcement is now at a home owned by Mayes parents in Union County. At least 10 law enforcement vehicles on the scene. More as it is available.

I don't know whether it was the wife or one of the girls but there was obviously some sort of inappropriate relationship going on with him and one of them. If it was the wife then she may have broke it off with him and he snapped, if it was one of the girls then i can't imagine the scenario that would cause him to kill 2 people (so far) and flee with the others. There is no way this had a chance of working.

I got the impression that the relationship between GB and AM was that they were married to sisters at one point. So they have ex wives who were sisters? That's the impression I got.

I can easily see him offering to take the girls to school, getting control over them and then calling the mom to say he was out of gas to lure her there.

Have his parents been heard from since this happened? If not then they may be the bodies that were found. But it appears that JB may be one of those bodies. Maybe that is why the police know she didn't go on her facebook. You can't be facebooking if you are already dead.

This case has so many twists and turns. I pray that the girls make it thru this.

it just occurred to me that this guy could have had a "helper" of some sort (re: where the car was left... distance to where he was last seen.. and the fact that there are now two bodies in that location and no current vehicle description?)

this whole cases (the timeline) has my brain in a twist!

Closest news outlets are:
djournal.com (Tupelo newpaper website)
wtva.com (Tupelo/North MS NBC affiliate website)
and next are the Memphis newspaper-- The Commercial Appeal and TV stations: WREG, WMC etc....late for a phone conference so don't have time to Google for you. Just Google Memphis TV stations and it will all come up for you.

Thanks for the list, VirtualTruth. Here are links to each of the sources mentioned:

* djournal.com (Tupelo newpaper website):
http://djournal.com/
* wtva.com (Tupelo/North MS NBC affiliate website):
http://www.wtva.com/default.aspx
* The Commercial Appeal:
http://www.commercialappeal.com/
* WREG (CBS News channel 3):
http://wreg.com/
* WMC - Action News 5:
http://www.wmctv.com/

Someone posted this on another case. I'm just a twit and don't tweet but it is a good resource for those who like to follow. Just type in the person you want info on currently.

http://monitter.com/

I've been following along but not posting in this case. Thanks to everyone for all of the information, links, etc. It really helps for those of us who can only get on sporadically.

Anyway, this guy is really ugly and creepy looking. And with those two bodies found, (are they still unidentified?) behind his parents' house, I really don't think this is going to have a happy ending.

Those have to be the bodies of two of the missing girls/mom. It's too much of a concidence not to be. And where are the others? Certainly he wouldn't kill two and keep the others. That doesn't make sense.

So many questions, so few answers.

This has been the craziest case ......

No kidding. I don't get why he would take them?

Did anyone ever mention AM being a strange guy? I haven't read all of the articles. Did anyone ever say he seemed obsessed with the mom and/or any of the girls? Did her husband get along with AM?

I think AM left the Bain house with at least two people and drove to his place 80 miles away. Then he killed both of them. At that point, he either returned to the Bain house to retrieve the remaining girls or already had them with him. My guess is that he locked up or restrained anyone who had not been killed. Then he drove back to the Bain house with a story ready for the police. He then returned to the home in Mississippi and fled when the police contacted him again. There is absolutely no telling which way he headed, and I have not read anything regarding the vehicle he is driving. I'm assuming that his parents did not live in the Mississippi home and that they only owned it and were renting it to him. Feel free to punch holes in this theory.

I find this theory very interesting. The thought that they didn't all leave together. Here is a theory that ties in...

WHAT IF, after everyone else is asleep, AM asks JB to go outside for a walk or a drive, to talk. Or some ruse that he needs to show her some problem with the UHaul, whatever. She trusts him enough to let her kids spend plenty alone time with him -- so she goes along. But once alone, he pulls a gun and takes her to another location, where he kills her. Then he goes back to the house in the early morning, wakes the girls and tells them he is taking them to school today. They think nothing of it and go along with him in mom's SUV. He has a car waiting on a side road, and pulls off to transfer the kids to this car. Tells them some story about mom and dad want them to stay with him for a while until they are ready to move.

The reason I wonder about this is because keeping 4 panicking females calm and under your control sounds hard. I think he would try to keep everyone calm by feeding them BS at every step. And getting the one adult out of the way early means less chance of the others resisting.

Also, these girls seem to almost idolize him, and I have trouble imagining him giving that up by hurting their mom in front of them. Oddly enough.

Just some (horrible) food for thought.

It's probably not related, but I can't get Holly Bobo out of my head right now. It's only 70 miles form Hardeman to Holly's home. It's about 100 miles if you drive straight from Holly's home to Guntown.

Like I said, I doubt the cases are related. But the proximity and the fact the guy may be on foot in the woods sort of leaves me to wonder.

The more and more I read, I'm thinking that you all are right and Mom probably thought she was doing an innocent favor by giving him a lift or something? Not leaving with him "willingly" as I had originally thought.

For some reason, this case reminds me of Shasta and Dylan's case. I think AM's was after the little ones. I think the two bodies will most likely be Mom and the 14-year-old daughter. Sorry, I don't have all their names down yet. I think the younger ones may still be alive, but it is really crucial that they find them ASAP!

MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro