TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a documented mood disorder doesn't mean that it has YOU, it means that you have IT. And you control it, not the other way around.

MOO

Just because you have been correctly diagnosed and you are meds, doesn't mean you are the correct meds.

I was diagnosed as bi-polar at 19. In that first year I went through 36 different medication trying to control it. I quit it all! One med worked, but I couldn't sleep, so they gave me a med to sleep. That med made me drowsy when I was trying to wake up, so they gave me a med to awaken me in the morning.....ect...

What it came down to, was one medication that did work, required 4 more to get me through the day! Even then, I was a robot! Life sucked. I thought of suicide everyday.

15 years later, here I am. I am on only four medications that 'control' my mental illness. It isn't a solutions. It isn't a cure. I am still suicidal at times. I am still manic at times. But it is 'close'.

It took me 19 years to realize I would NEVER feel normal. Ever. The best I could hope for was feeling not bad. Going off your meds after this kind of diagnosis is normal. It happens to ALMOST EVER person who has been diagnosed.

Until you can live in that brain with that disorder.... don't judge them... YOU HAVE NO CLUE!

So if his mother and wife were in on this, they must know where he was planning on going?? Unless he saw that they were arrested and had to change his plans?

Agree. Which is one of the reasons I keep going back to read through the latest affidavit. Honestly I still can't tell if this theory could be possible from the wording.

I've been wondering if TM drove the girls back in one vehicle, and AM drove the bodies back in another.

I swear I've read that affidavit 5 times, and I still can't decipher whether the statement about TM driving included both the live victims - and the bodies.

If it was possible, I would think they wouldn't have wanted the girls to yet know about the murders. They still might not.

And they would have had to drive both vehicles away, so wouldn't that be a plausible scenario?

I see it more like they committed the murders and put them in the trunk or back of vehicle concealed well. Then went in and got the kids, giving them a story of going to stay in MS and having fun. I tend to think the girls were ablivious to what was going on.

If the girls don't know their mother and sister have been killed, they might have no clue that they were actually kidnapped. They could be thinking they are on vacation or something like that. He could be easily controlling these children.

http://www.wmctv.com/story/18248363/teresa-mayess-sister-speaks

This woman is getting on my nerves. For her not to have spoken to her sister in 11 years she sure does have aot to say and every day it seems like she has more to add and considering her sister is in jail now I doubt they are talking daily for her to have all this "new" information.

She has seemed to change on the story of not talking to TM in 11 years to talking to her and now this added part. Is there a Flo in the family...never mind.

Someone had to drive Jo Ann's vehicle to where it was found.

Good grief, JJenny, I just typed out a great response to you questions. (Well I think it was great!) made lots of sense to me ;) and it went poof. I'll come back tomorrow and try again. It's past my bedtime and I guess it's the storms here but I keep losing signal.

Just because someone can drive does not mean they do not fear the person giving them orders. I've worked with several mentally challenged and brain injured adults, I suspect there's a lot more going on here with her than depression.

Also didn't MM come with her to Tenn? It's my opinion that MM is one of the planners and connivers here and made sure TM would be her scapegoat too. Think about it if as AM's brother said, MM only cared for one child and that was AM, no one can convince me that MM was not deeply involved from the get-go. Just look at the differences in appearance in the mug shots..If MM gets off scot free I am going to be furious...!
this is all only my opinion except the furious part that's a fact!

Hope this posts and I don't lose this one. If so I'm not trying again.

Just because you have been correctly diagnosed and you are meds, doesn't mean you are the correct meds.

I was diagnosed as bi-polar at 19. In that first year I went through 36 different medication trying to control it. I quit it all! One med worked, but I couldn't sleep, so they gave me a med to sleep. That med made me drowsy when I was trying to wake up, so they gave me a med to awaken me in the morning.....ect...

What it came down to, was one medication that did work, required 4 more to get me through the day! Even then, I was a robot! Life sucked. I thought of suicide everyday.

15 years later, here I am. I am on only four medications that 'control' my mental illness. It isn't a solutions. It isn't a cure. I am still suicidal at times. I am still manic at times. But it is 'close'.

It took me 19 years to realize I would NEVER feel normal. Ever. The best I could hope for was feeling not bad. Going off your meds after this kind of diagnosis is normal. It happens to ALMOST EVER person who has been diagnosed.

Until you can live in that brain with that disorder.... don't judge them... YOU HAVE NO CLUE!

I'm sorry you went through such a difficult time. And am grateful that you are still around to share your story.

I deleted my post out of respect.

First of all, I am glad that you are still here!
Secondly, ITA with your post. My daughter would give ANYTHING to be able to control her Bipolar Disorder.

Thank you so much for this post.

I just wanted to add that to every person who has ever said or implied that someone with a mental illness somehow chooses that illness or could simply decide not to have it, I ask: do you really and truly think anyone would choose to feel and/or think that way if they actually had a choice???

I used to have a social services type career and I can say I never met anyone with a mental illness who would not have gladly chosen to be normal. Who wouldn't have given significant years off their lifespan to be normal.

Mental illness is something no one wants. Really.

Thanks Roxye, there are many others here who have a similar story.

Fetal Alcohol syndrome, the wide space between the eyes is a definite possibility and would explain a lot we've heard about him. He actually could have Marfan and be FAS!

First of all, I am glad that you are still here!
Secondly, ITA with your post. My daughter would give ANYTHING to be able to control her Bipolar Disorder.

I am glad I am here too! I have a beautiful baby boy that came out this. He is an amazing human!

If your daughter ever needs to talk to someone who has been, and is still dealing with this, let me know. PM me. I would LOVE to share my experiences.

Sorry to sideline this discussion... I just wanted others to understand... mental illness isn't the same as physical. The brain is still a mystery to even the best scientists.

I wonder if TM was being somehow abused by Adam AND his mother?

Speaking of staying up all night with fellow Websleuthers, I can relate to that. I've been here a long time and I usually end up doing it at least 2-3 times a year. Just sitting here pushing that refresh button knowing that any minute LE's going to find that child, arrest a murderer or as in Charlie and Braden Powell's case out of grief. I don't regret one minute.

It is always with other wonderful caring Websleuthers like you guys. Nite!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evada12