TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We actually did have a suspect posting here at one time. It was the Abraham (can't remember last name) case from Florida. He was a millionaire. The suspect, a woman (name started with a D) would post in his thread all the time. It was probably the craziest thing that I have ever experienced here at Websleuths. And she was eventually arrested for his murder.

Was she convicted?

I know we've had witnesses for several cases post here. Sometimes they're very open about it, and sometimes not.

There is a Canadian case that just went to the jury today that's had several witnesses posting here for a few years now. It's a bit surreal looking back, knowing details they'd shared before one of the perps was even arrested. Some took good advice to 'zip it', and some still have not.

Should be interesting to see the effects in next week or so when the verdict is returned.

I wouldn't be at all shocked to learn that some of the people who are currently being quoted in the media about either family are at very least reading here now, if not members.

Murdered mother's best friend speaks out to squash rumors

... Bryant says Bain had daughters Adrienne and Alexandria with her high school sweetheart from Bolivar Central High. After the two divorced, Bain remarried and had her third daughter, Kyliyah.

"She was a joy to be around, she never met a stranger, she was happy," Bryant explained.

She said the Bains moved from Whiteville to Arizona, but in 2009 they relocated to Missisippi in order to take care of Jo Ann Bain's mother-in-law.

Bryant believes that is when Bain met Adam Mayes, ... Bryant resents speculation that Mayes and Bain were anything more than friends. ...

Bryant was texting with Jo Ann on April 26, the day before she disappeared. She was excited about returning to Arizona. ...

http://www.wmctv.com/story/18279544/murdered-mothers-best-friend-speaks-out-to-defend-character

Not sure about you guys, but my closest chum knows more about me than anyone in my life, including spouse and offspring. For me, a close female friend who has shared this kind of history with JB speaking up does carry a bit more weight than pure speculation.

Another soul who is devastated by this. I admire her for speaking up on behalf of JB, even as she prepares to attend her friend's funeral. That has to hurt deeply.

"I don't want my friend's reputation smeared because people want to talk," said Bryant.

Unless AM was with them, they had the option to call LE right then. I'm beginning to get the sense that all the families involved with case are bit off kilter. Either mental issues or dysfuntion out ying yang. IMO

Exactly. I'm trying to imagine how that went?

"We'd better pay rent on the burial plot..."

:banghead:

Right now we have 86 guests here. (That is all we can see is the number.) But I would guess that at least some live in the area. There are things you can do to help that take no time and do not change your schedule.

As you are driving here and there, look at those houses you know to be empty. Make sure they still are. Watch the wooded areas, for smoke or for signs that an auto has driven into them. Watch for buzzards circling. If you see suspicious signs, don't investigate yourself. Instead contact your local law enforement and talk to them about it.

Have we heard why RN was arrested yet?

Well Nancy is going to be behind again as she just stated she has information that Mayes is traveling in a white Oldsmobile Vellero. This information comes from when Mayes was in the store the end of April, I think the 30th but not sure of the date at this second.

Heads up, I'm pretty sure the adam mayes posting about the VW bus in the UK is actually a guy who is named Adam Mayes who lives in the UK. It is kind of a common name. There are several in the UK, and I found one on FB.

Now, for a long overdue rant about the recent news media coverage:

Does anyone other than me feel that it's rather self-serving for AM to say he thinks these are his kids? Anyone else think that's possibly just a load of BS he fed his wife to shut her up about why he was spending so much time with these girls?

Second point: If just for one moment I believed that he thought these were his kids (and I don't), it means absolutely nothing. Guess who else had a biological parent who "loved" them? Caylee Anthony, Zahra Baker, and a whole bunch of other kids whose names you know from these boards. It doesn't make his actions any more understandable, or any less despicable.

Great post on all counts, Irish.

Have to offer up specific thanks for the BBM portion above. You've articulated well something I've been thinking, but couldn't put together so well as you have.

I 'get' all the suppositions in regards to parentage as it could go to motive. But, IMO, we're past the point where the original motive still has much of a chance of impacting his current behaviours. He's under an entirely different set of stressors now, and regardless of how he thought things were turn out in his fantasy of obtaining 'his girls', I am sure the reality is much different now. Regardless of his motivations, whatever the hello they were.

I think you summed up my own thinking very well: Nothing makes his actions more understandable, or less despicable.

I am pretty sure that the heart moniter referred to on smile.mayes' FB page was a 24hour ECG, to test his cardiac function

I somehow don't believe the new best friends story simply due to the logistics of his being a close family relative and friend to her husband Gb and his daughter.. I don't necessarily believe tjat Joann had an intimate relationship with Adam but I certainly don't buy that she just met him in2009 andher daughters were going on extended trips with and staying by themselves with Adam...sorry but for me the bff's latest account doesn't ring true..

If you live in the area and own property please drive by and check out all the access points. If it looks like someone has been entering it recently and you don't know anyone who should be entering there, make contact with your local law enforcement.

Yes, maybe it is a hunter. But maybe it isn't. Please have it checked out.

I know that JB had connections in Tucson, etc but I vaguely remember reading that AM possibly has his own seperate ties there? Does anyone recall where? I know that the unreliable facebooker CRC mentioned he had told her he was moving there for a job but didn't mention where...

I have family in AZ and they have heard a lot about this case so I'm trying to keep them posted as well.

Thanks!

The shorter hair makes both girls look even younger somehow. :(

I have been staring at those precious little faces for 3 weeks and if they walked up to my door right now I doubt if I could recognize them.....that color and cut totally changes them...IMO

I don't know enough about delusions, whether or not, or how much they will determine the behavior of a man who believes these are his daughters. It appears to me, that if a delusion is strong enough, it doesn't matter if they are his bio children or not, if he believes they are. It might mean that he will protect them if he believes they are his own children.

I don't know enough about delusions, whether or not, or how much they will determine the behavior of a man who believes these are his daughters. It appears to me, that if a delusion is strong enough, it doesn't matter if they are his bio children or not, if he believes they are. It might mean that he will protect them if he believes they are his own children.

Judging from stalking cases, he would protect them from others. But where the problem comes in is if they won't cooperate with the obsession.

Like if he tries to make them call him Daddy and they won't. Or they cry over their mother or say they miss GB. If they tell him "no my Daddy is ....." Or they try to run away from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member