TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Planting the rumor that he was their father might explain the "obsession" to neighbors. But why did the parents think he was so interested in these children? Parents are the ones who allowed him to take the kids to his home.

Just looking at this guy, I fail to see what was trustworthy about him. He had no regular job, he had a wife with problems. He doesn't appear to be either rich or charming to explain why parents would trust him.

Seeing as though he was married for 10ish years to Teresa, I'll go out on a limb and say either one or both of them were unable to have children. And I would bet that the Bain family knew that. Played the sympathy card.

Seeing as though he was married for 10ish years to Teresa, I'll go out on a limb and say either one or both of them were unable to have children. And I would bet that the Bain family knew that. Played the sympathy card.

They felt sorry that he couldn't have children so they let him take care of theirs? I find that hard to believe.
Doesn't sound like his wife even liked having these children around.

I'm in England so just basing this on here. You have to make a couple of calls deemed to be maliciously made to be charged. Example i recently rang social services on a couple due to what i deemed domestic violence, it was found to be "fine" but as i was genuinely concerned and haven't kept calling nothing will be brought against me.

O.t I'm so sorry for any spelling mistakes, my phone won't show the full screen when i type.

He'd have to kill me! I would rather die then to sit back and watch someone harm innocent people. I would rather die than ever HELP with something like that. At least I would die with my hands clean and my heart whole. I can not and will not allow these women, both MM and TM, to use this as any excuse. I'm tired of the excuses. There comes a time when you know what you should do and what you should not do. These women are just as guilty as AM.

MOO
I would agree with you that someone would have to kill me before I would do anything like that. However an experience I had when I was a teenager gives me pause about how other people would react. I was with some friends and witnessed a man beating the living daylights out of another man. I was sure he was going to be killed. My friends ran and cowered behind a car. I grabbed the only weapon I had handy (a cast iron frying pan I had just purchased for my mother for her birthday) and swung out. I only caught the guy on the shoulder, but he grabbed his shoulder, turned and looked at me and must have seen something in my face. He ran. I have no idea if my friends would ever be able to NOT sit by and do nothing if something terrible were happening right before them.

Maybe I just have a few more life experiences than some people do, but I need all the information about a person before making a judgment. We are not all cut from the same courage cloth. I, personally, cannot fault someone for not stopping someone else if they fear for their own life.

Planting the rumor that he was their father might explain the "obsession" to neighbors. But why did the parents think he was so interested in these children?
Parents are the ones who allowed him to take the kids to his home.

IMO, simply because JoAnn and Gary trusted him. Gary is not responsible. It is still common (perhaps, less so today) to believe the monsters and evil ones who would harm our children are more likely random strangers and outsiders.

I think it is important to note that probably 80% of the population doesn't follow crime and criminals like we do here. They are oblivious, miss obvious red flags, and look for the good in everyone. Ignorance really is bliss. And, honestly, sometimes I wish I didn't know the things I do or have read and followed as many cases as I have. It makes me sad and jaded.

I'm never moving to Tennessee or Mississippi! How could so many people be involved in what AM did to this family? What in the world is going on?

Always appreciate your posts LolaMoon! Please please know that we are not all like this in Tennessee or Mississippi,lol....we have our share sure just like the rest of the nation IMO.....but we have some honest hard working God fearing folks also,IMO.

Always appreciate your posts LolaMoon! Please please know that we are not all like this in Tennessee or Mississippi,lol....we have our share sure just like the rest of the nation IMO.....but we have some honest hard working God fearing folks also,IMO.

Every place has its idiots/sociopaths/evil doers

Sick guys who pray on little girls enter another's family and pretend to be that perfect uncle. Taking his time, playing cards, helping them with homework and never making advances yet. AM and TM probably did play the "wish we could have kids" They were the perfect aunt and uncle to the Bains. With a move coming up, and probably other things AM and TM probably convienced the Bain's that they could spend the weekend with them, while the Bains get everything in order and do what they have to do, making sure they would be schooled and all. Since AM and TM probably never showed any sexual tendency's towards the girls the parents didn't see it because it was very gradual.

I'm wondering if he took JB to the garage and was killing her and maybe AB heard the screams and ran out there to see and help her mother and that's how come she was taken out.

DJ described Adam as "like a brother" to him for the last two years...apparently, he was that good at concealing his true nature and proclivities:

Johnson is still in shock at the knowledge that a man he knew so well is a murder suspect and the subject of an intense manhunt. He said he spoke personally to Mayes on the Monday after the girls disappeared, and the day before Mayes himself vanished.

“He told me about the mom and the girls being missing," Johnson said. "And I said, you don't have any idea where they went to, or what could've happened to them? And he told me no, that he didn't know. ... And he was very calm and collected about it.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/1...es-obsessed-with-missing-girls/#ixzz1uaMMdtmv

The girls, IMO, are where they should be! With GB. He is their father. It must be a wonderful feeling to have them home with him. It's Mother's Day this weekend. I can not image the mixed emotions he is feeling. He's lost his wife and eldest daughter, but has the littlest ones home with him. They are going to need a lot of help. They are going to have to cope with no longer having their mother and older sister in their lives. They are going to have to deal with the horrific ordeal they have just been put through. My highest hope is that he did not sexually abuse the girls and I think that them being released so soon may be a good sign that he didn't. I'm praying anyways.

I have a question!
What if they do DNA and find that GB is not the father of either child?
Then what.
Can the older childs dad fight to regain custody because they put his child in harms way? What is it endangerment of a child?

I hope qualified professionals will question these girls extensively about any sexual abuse. Being a survivor of sexual abuse myself, the abuser is usually very controlling and can almost brainwash the child into silence at all costs with threats or simply by 'loving' and 'spoiling' them with things or attention. It's very confusing for a child who might be treated well while at the same time being loved in a way that is uncomfortable. I always thought 'well at least he's nice to me and isn't yelling or hitting me. Plus he loves me'. I kept silent about it from 8 years old until 21.
A "nice" controlling man who can murder and kidnap can definitely molest and rape and then lie and cover it up.

Sick guys who pray on little girls enter another's family and pretend to be that perfect uncle. Taking his time, playing cards, helping them with homework and never making advances yet. AM and TM probably did play the "wish we could have kids" They were the perfect aunt and uncle to the Bains. With a move coming up, and probably other things AM and TM probably convienced the Bain's that they could spend the weekend with them, while the Bains get everything in order and do what they have to do, making sure they would be schooled and all. Since AM and TM probably never showed any sexual tendency's towards the girls the parents didn't see it because it was very gradual.

I do not think AM cared one bit about TM she was there to take care of him.
Nothing more nothing less.

JMO

I hope qualified professionals will question these girls extensively about any sexual abuse. Being a survivor of sexual abuse myself, the abuser is usually very controlling and can almost brainwash the child into silence at all costs with threats or simply by 'loving' and 'spoiling' them with things or attention. It's very confusing for a child who might be treated well while at the same time being loved in a way that is uncomfortable. I always thought 'well at least he's nice to me and isn't yelling or hitting me. Plus he loves me'. I kept silent about it from 8 years old until 21.
A "nice" controlling man who can murder and kidnap can definitely molest and rape and then lie and cover it up.

I agree!

But the boogey man cant hurt them any more!

If he ever did! We dont know that he did!

I hope the girls did alot of talking!

JMO

That's the key. It starts with piggy backs, tickling and then a slow slip of the hand.

If an investigation cleared AM, and it was determined that this was not a misunderstanding but an outright lie about him, would AM's sister have been charged with filing a false report?

I am not a lawyer and I am not at all familiar with Tennessee. Laws vary from state to state.

I do know that in my own state, it is highly unlikely that someone would be charged for making a single false report. LE and the Department of Human Services (which is the agency that investigates child abuse or neglect reports) tends to err on the side of not wanting to do anything that might discourage reporting.

What usually happens is that the person is given a talking-to and, so long as they don't make any further false reports, nothing legal happens.

If the person making the false report is an adolescent, they can get away with making quite a few false reports before they are charged with anything.

I'm distinguishing a false report from a mistaken report. A false report is one that the reporter knew was a lie; a mistaken report is just that, a mistake. In the case of mistaken reports, there are no negative consequences for the person making the report.

I have a question!
What if they do DNA and find that GB is not the father of either child?
Then what.
Can the older childs dad fight to regain custody because they put his child in harms way? What is it endangerment of a child?

I don't think DNA tests will be done, JMO...who wants to open that can of worms...unless the defense somehow insists on it and wins the point...JMOJMO
But now that AM is dead, there might not be the need to try to prove his belief that at least one child was his.

I do not think AM cared one bit about TM she was there to take care of him.
Nothing more nothing less.

JMO

I agree, he seems to have been babyed by his mother and then was probably expecting his wife to do the same.

GrainneDhu, you asked in the last thread:

I am not saying that at all, GrainneDhu! I'm sorry if my wording made it seem that I think that the Madison County (Miss.) Sheriff's Office behaved unprofessionally or illegally in investigating the 2010 allegation. Quite the opposite! I think they did a very thorough investigation!

I am saying that AM knew or surmised that he was under investigation, in my opinion. The person who was concerned enough to report it to the Tennessee DCS likely had an immediate reaction and a WTH?? discussion. The witness may have told AM that it was going to be reported or AM may have surmised that from the witness's reaction. Madison County received the referral from Tenn. on Feb 23. Either way, he was on notice. AM had ample time to move or get rid of any stash of child *advertiser censored* between the incident and March 3, when deputies visited his house and TM allowed them to walk through.

As for the mail check, AM moved around a lot and was often away from home (visiting Tenn.). I'd be surprised if he subscribed to anything!

The mail check and the enticement effort were both after the deputies visited the house. In my opinion, TM would have told AM they'd been to the house and why. So AM may not have taken the bait then, even if he might have at another time. Again, that's just MOO. It has not been established that he was interested in child *advertiser censored*.

BTW, the timing of the incident and when AM said he kicked his sister out seem to mesh.

BBM,
this was Jackson, Madison CO, TN. It was not in MS.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back