TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I actually think too many cases are dismissed when they shouldn't be. Look at Josh Powell and the boys. They take too many things at face value and don't thoroughly investigate, whether it's work overload or standard procedure. They place people into the same mold and there's too many wacko people out there that don't fit that mold. Obviously AM was overlooked or just thought of as it's just his way or personality. I hope it's a wake up call for people reading that question a friend, relative, even coach or teacher that has too much interest into your child.

I've been following the case here since the beginning, but every time I started to post, something would be reported and the horrific reality that this was actually happening stopped me from my seemingly frivolous piecing together the puzzle.

Anyways, so no great first post from me. However, I would like to say that I think the LE that rescued the girls are heroes. Those wildlife officers amaze me. A couple of years ago, a man and his son had killed two LE after they were stopped on the expressway in West Memphis Arkansas. It was a wildlife officer who stopped them in the Walmart parking lot by ramming his jeep into their car while simultaneously firing on them. It was caught on camera and was amazing to see. These guys are highly trained and extremely brave.

It was said that AB was spotted first. Then that both girls were "found" lying face down on the ground. I'm pretty sure those guys somehow had them do that. I wonder if they communicated with AB, who then got her sister to lie down with her. I bet they watched for a long time, waited until they could get AB close, then communicated with her. Hopefully we will hear more details about the actual rescue.

:welcome: Holly :)

Always appreciate your posts LolaMoon! Please please know that we are not all like this in Tennessee or Mississippi,lol....we have our share sure just like the rest of the nation IMO.....but we have some honest hard working God fearing folks also,IMO.

I have said the same about Florida also (would never move there because of the crazy people) but I know there are some good people there too!

Plus the fact one was strangled, reading JB and AB's comments to see into their personality, I have no doubt they fought back. One man on NG last night was talking about how violent a strangulation is and he finds it hard to believe someone didn't help in the fight. There would be kicking, screaming and LE did say there was major body trauma to both bodies.

Any possibility one was strangled during transportation due to how she was bound/tied up? That IS a possibility. And if one died and it was not planned that could have changed the whole course of this abduction...I do not remember reading anything that stated the type of injuries that caused death...crushed larynx, bruising, etc..

Ya know even if they found out he didnt do anything with the girl he would have still been banned from my home!

Adios Amigo!

I agree. But then again I give family and friends I've known my whole life the watchful side eye. Unfortunately for most though, denial is more powerful than reality. Its easier to believe that someone you've come to know and love and trust would never do such a thing than to realize your breaking bread with a pedophile.

Any possibility one was strangled during transportation due to how she was bound/tied up? That IS a possibility. And if one died and it was not planned that could have changed the whole course of this abduction...I do not remember reading anything that stated the type of injuries that caused death...crushed larynx, bruising, etc..

The affadavit said they were murdered before transported. I don't know, they've not come out with results yet.

Sometimes, as in my case, they will do everything except intercourse.

Yes. My uncle was that way. He got away with a lot. Several different victims. I think that what you said about the pedophile confusing the child with gifts etc. is what Adam did to these girls. They probably believed whatever he did to them was an act of love. They do brainwash their victims when they themselves are attached in a twisted way.

This is exactly how I hoped things would end for that . Good riddance to bad rubbish. I'll be even happier when mama, wifey, and anyone else involved get what's coming to them as well. There is NO EXCUSE for participating in the kidnapping and murder of innocent women and girls. NO EXCUSE.

I wish nothing but the best for these young girls, and I hope to God they eventually witness justice doled out to all of those responsible for even the slightest involvement in their kidnapping and concealment from authority, and the murder of their sister and mother.

Catching up here. Has the news conference taken place or is it about a half an hour from now? Also, 3 other arrests, do we who? TIA

I'm not convinced they'd subject especially an 8 year old girl to an exam like that but I could be wrong. I think they'd first take her word for it before traumatizing her further.

I agree. They take the child's word for it before examining them. Although traumatizing, I feel it's better to be safe then sorry. Sexual abuse is way too common to take allegations lightly. Although it won't help all victims of sexual abuse, it can help some.

According to TM (who participated), JB was murdered in the garage and AB was murdered in the house. This would have been before any transportation took place.

It doesn't matter either way, really. Either way, it's first degree murder and the penalty is the same.

AM was extensively investigated due to allegations of child abuse with KB and possession of child *advertiser censored* mags. After a two month investigation, no charges were filed.

Until and unless more details come out, I don't think there is any way to know if AM really did sexually assault either girl at either time.

I am completely confused as to why the attitude towards GB has cooled, with some posters calling for him to lose his parental rights. I am certain that LE has been investigating him during this whole ordeal and the fact that the girls have apparently been released to his custody says to me that he's clean.

I tend to think he didnt molest the girls. I remember when Shasta went through that and she was in the hospital for several days and had to have surgery. She was 8 at the time. No matter the age of the child they will do an exam to rule out rape or molestation.They will even do them on infants if they have a reason to believe they have been sexually abused.

Since LE said the girls were fine except for dehydration and a few scratches and they were released in less than 12 hours to go home , imo. no sexual assault of these two girls ocurred.

Imo, the police are very sympathetic to Gary and have been in constant contact with him. He will not lose his custodial rights nor should he, imo.

HLN just said the girls are back home with their daddy.

There's been no evidence of an affair, nothing, only his obsession with the girls. JB was educated talked about her husband and children all the time. I don't know if this will go to trial, she might just make a plea and get a lower sentence, because the lawyers will try to go the mental issues route. I hope these girls don't have to go through a trial.

I have to respectfully disagree. If you look at the time lines of marriage and birth of children and AM's claims to have fathered these children, it is reasonable from TMs perspective to assume that there was an affair. Especially if AM staunchly claims the children are his. Was there an affair? Most likely not, but when you are dealing with people with mental health issues, real and perceived have equal validity and meaning. I think JB was a wonderful woman and great mother and I am not bashing her. I think we have to understand that when someone, AM has two different worlds, the one where he visits the B family and the one with TM, MM etc...their perceptions and beliefs are going to be very different. And if AM claims the girls, it can be assumed they did not arrive by a stork. I am sure someone won't enjoy this analogy but:

Most of us as children believed there was Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, etc. We believed it because that is what we were told. Was it truthful, no. When you isolate people who have known mental health issues and major problems and feed them a load of garbage, unless there is strong evidence against it or they are really intelligent, they begin to incorporate those ideas into their thinking. People with mental illness are easily manipulated, so while we doubt there was an actual affair, it is highly likely there easily could be a perceived affair belief with certain people.

According to TM (who participated), JB was murdered in the garage and AB was murdered in the house. This would have been before any transportation took place.

It doesn't matter either way, really. Either way, it's first degree murder and the penalty is the same.

Is there a link to TM's official statement about the crimes? I must have missed it. I apologize if i did...so many posts! :)

I'm watching HLN. Press conference 4:00 ET. Both mother and daughter were strangled. 1 arrest for false information and 2 gun arrests. 1 of which they said was possibly the person that may have provided Mayes with the gun. The showed the spot where Mayes shot himself, leaves covered in blood.

I have a question!
What if they do DNA and find that GB is not the father of either child?
Then what.
Can the older childs dad fight to regain custody because they put his child in harms way? What is it endangerment of a child?

Had GB adopted the older kids? I heard that somewhere but dont know if it was true. There probably wont be DNA tests to determine paternity. Not sure how the law in Tenn or Miss reads, but usually only certain people can even try to claim paternity and only at certain times. The paternity of the youngest is beyond dispute. Born into a marriage with the father claiming her as his own, probably can't be challenged after certain number of years (3 years in my state). The paternity of the others is irrelevant if they were adopted. You can't order paternity just to satisfy curiousity. Now, that being said, GB or MJ together could perhaps just have tests done voluntarily just to clear things up if they wanted.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back