TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So someone made a false statement, it's going to get real interesting to see who else was involved and lied about what they knew. I wonder if this from the girls' statements to FBI.

Good catch. The timing certainly might coincide with initial statements from the girls.

"Did you see anyone besides Adam during the time he had you?"

I suspect there are a few people 'close' to Adam that need to change their shorts right about now. Wonder if there will be a run on Depends in the local market?

At the rate the number is rising of those charged, it certainly is possible. :what:

I think if she was forced to do this she would not have been charged with what she was charged with. She would be another victim. But LE clearly sees her as a perp.

Plus the fact one was strangled, reading JB and AB's comments to see into their personality, I have no doubt they fought back. One man on NG last night was talking about how violent a strangulation is and he finds it hard to believe someone didn't help in the fight. There would be kicking, screaming and LE did say there was major body trauma to both bodies.

I am not ready to condemn the entire Bain family for what one whacked out guy did.

From what I have read JoAnn and Gary seem to be nice people and good parents.

IMO

What matters is that 2 children are home safe!
Unfortunately 2 other are dead!

We do not always think the ppl we are surrounded by will cause us or our children harm.
Were there warning signs! Heck we read about many of them!
Why this guy was so involved in their lives moot at this point.
We cant go bac and undo what was done!
Poor choices! bad judgement!
Ignorance!

Their lives have been destroyed and they will have to rebuild!
I think they need to find where the girls want to be and what is best for them! They have a long and winding road to walk!

but thank god they are alive!

I am still hanging in there waiting on an official report from LE regarding the "cause of death" regarding JB and AB.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/la-na-nn-adam-mayes-20120511,0,1034800.story

Very encouraging:

“They’re doing fine,” Sara Burnett, a spokeswoman for Le Bonheur Children's Hospital in Memphis, said in a telephone interview. The girls, Alexandria Bain, 12, and Kyliyah Bain, 8, were evaluated overnight and released to their family in good condition. “This is wonderful news,” Burnett said.

FBI statement also said the girls appeared to be 'unharmed'.

That is a comfort. I'm hoping that really means they were physically unharmed on all levels, and that rest, water and food will at least alleviate any physical symptoms.

Once the tip came in, officials contacted a special unit of the Mississippi Wildlife, Fisheries & Parks, officers who were experts with search and rescues in difficult terrain, Siskovic said.

“We reached out to them and brought in their skills,” Siskovic said. “It is a heavily wooded area like most of the area out that way; thick with brush and timber in uneven terrain. It is not great conditions.”

Three cheers for the good guys!

Details starting to come in on the other three arrests:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/11/justice/tennessee-missing-children/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Meanwhile, three additional arrests were made in connection with the case, a law enforcement source told CNN. One person was arrested for making a false statement, and two others for illegal possession of a firearm, the source said.

The identities of the individuals were not immediately known, but it included the person who provided Mayes the gun he used to shoot himself, the source said.

I found it fascinating in the FBI press conference (overnight) that Special Agent Ford was asked how the girls looked, and he said they looked like they had been in the woods for "3 days." It made me pause as I was expecting him to say "2 weeks." Big difference. So, it's not surprising (although hard to fathom) that others were involved as it made me think they were holed up somewhere (and with some help) for the previous week and half prior to those "3 days" in the woods.
It's been said in MSM that they had been holed up in a "wooden structure", and the same or another MSM article said that the tip they received was not a sighting, but knowledge of a logging cabin in the woods behind the church that may have had electricity. Links either upthread or I found them another way...don't recall...so JMO. I've been doing "catchup cramming".

AM's brother expresses sorrow for the Bains fmaily:
http://www2.wspa.com/news/2012/may/11/11/accused-kidnapper-murderer-adam-mayes-found-dead-g-ar-3770600/

7 On Your Side spoke with Mayes brother, Johnny, about the events that led up to the murders and Thursday night's events.

"Our condolences go out to the Bain family," he said. "We wish we could have done more, and bring all four of them (Bain family) back safely. From our side of the family, I wish we could have done more. I am thankful that the two girls have been safe."

Glad the state is spared the expense of a trial and housing for AM at least. JB and AB were murdered in cold blood. They don't get to live out the rest of their lives thanks to AM. Why should he have gotten any less? So glad he can't hurt anyone else.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I find that curious, but only because I am expecting we'll learn that MM had some mental health issues, too. Going only by the interview that AM's brother gave, it certainly sounds as if she did.

Can your gut help me out here? ;) What's it saying is different between MM and TM?
TYIA

Her son, Johnny Lee, said she was an abuser to the rest of the children but not so much to AM. We can only guess why. If he was her favorite and under the impression the girls were his biological daughters, mom might have been encouraging him to kidnap them before they moved to AZ. She wouldn't be operating under the same set of circumstances as TM. I see TM as more of a victim herself and mom more as a perpetrator. Lots of weird dynamics in that family

I had totally forgotten about the other man arrested, what was it, a 2 or 3 days ago? He was a neighbor or something.

So, that's a total of 6 arrests thus far. Sickening!

Ok, hoping the rest of the news today is all about the girls being taken somewhere very private, very cosy, with lush pillows, soft sheets, loads of warm bath water, and any possible treats that their tummies crave.

And may the people surrounding them now keep them held tightly close. Sooner or later, they will have to get (have) the news about their beloved Mom and sister.

Sunday is Mother's Day - one more thing that is now forever tainted by these perps. That's going to hurt so bad.

(whew - time to step away from the keyboard, Muck... sad/mad)

I have been offline since last night....just came back on and am hopelessly behind and confused! I read a post way back that AM was found naked with one of the girls (so sick....no words)?!? And the attitude toward GB has cooled considerably. Can someone point me to a go link to catch up....or briefly fill me in? I'll keep reading to try to get informed.....

This is just heart wrenching. I was so hoping that AM loved them like daughters...only. I couldn't even think about if he was a pedophile. I am just sick. I want to scream.

I'm just floored that there are a total of 5 arrests thus far. How could 1 person involve so many in such a maniacal plot of murder and kidnapping of children?

These crazy people had to know these werent Mayes' bio children.

I wonder if they just think he deserved to have these two children because he didnt have any children of his own?

I think some of his family is just as whacked as he was.

IMO

Ok, hoping the rest of the news today is all about the girls being taken somewhere very private, very cosy, with lush pillows, soft sheets, loads of warm bath water, and any possible treats that their tummies crave.

And may the people surrounding them now keep them held tightly close. Sooner or later, they will have to get (have) the news about their beloved Mom and sister.

Sunday is Mother's Day - one more thing that is now forever tainted by these perps. That's going to hurt so bad.

(whew - time to step away from the keyboard, Muck... sad/mad)
Hugs. Group hug!!

I had totally forgotten about the other man arrested, what was it, a 2 or 3 days ago? He was a neighbor or something.

So, that's a total of 6 arrests thus far. Sickening!

What the?!?! Oh no. Oh crap.

Thank you for all your hard work on this case!! My hat is off to you.
I would also like to say that your "elephant" line is hysterical...I have never heard it before,lol.:seeya:

I'm grateful for all of those who post updates and opinions all the way along, too!

Aside from the fear and joy along the way, I've learned many, many things from WS posters that I wouldn't know otherwise. Life experiences combined with real smarts makes for some very educational posts.

As for my tagline, it suits. I tend to climb up on the pachyderm and yell, 'Giddy-up, Dumbo!' in all aspects of life. :slap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
detectivegotcha
Back