Deceased/Not Found TN - Joseph 'Joe Clyde' Daniels, 5, autistic, Dickson, 3 April 2018 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What did the judge say to JD about „vehicular homicide“ or did I hear that wrong?

I went back and listened and I think it is just listed in the possible charges in that statue. I would have to look that up in the TN law.

It sounded to me like she said "I guess" or a really drawled out "Yessss"

I heard a “I guess” like when I ask my son to do something. “Sigh, I guesssssss” jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did the judge say to JD about „vehicular homicide“ or did I hear that wrong?

He says: "Mr Daniels, Sir you are charged with Criminal Homicide, which can be defined as the unlawful killing of another, which may be 1st degree murder, 2nd degree murder, Voluntary Manslaughter, Criminally Negligent Homicide or Vehicular Manslaughter."

Basically he was listing the different categories of "Criminal Homicide".

I heard a “I guess” like when I ask my son to do something. “Sigh, I guesssssss” jmo

Yes, I agree. An exasperated "I guesssss" like a petulant teenager who realizes they can't argue.

I went back and listened and I think it is just listed in the possible charges in that statue. I would have to look that up in the TN law.
Thanks, makes sense! I listened again, the judge said JD is charged with criminal homicide / unlawful killing and then listed the definition (1st degree homicide, 2nd degree homicide, voluntary manslaughter, etc.)

He says: "Mr Daniels, Sir you are charged with Criminal Homicide, which can be defined as the unlawful killing of another, which may be 1st degree murder, 2nd degree murder, Voluntary Manslaughter, Criminally Negligent Homicide or Vehicular Manslaughter."

Basically he was listing the different categories of "Criminal Homicide".
Thanks! I had to listen twice. [emoji51]

I didn't realize they would be in court together today. Someone mentioned above that KD was supposed to show up on Monday the 16th.

Guessing now they will both be in court together from now on!

Thank you ALL for the updates!

I didn't realize they would be in court together today. Someone mentioned above that KD was supposed to show up on Monday the 16th.

Family event!

They kept them separated and I don't think they got to see each other. Several other inmates were called to the Judge's bench between Joseph and Krystal.
But both their hearings were set for June 1st.

Oh wanted to ask - they both didn't put in a plea did they? No bond? or $$ ??

TIA! :wave:

Oh wanted to ask - they both didn't put in a plea did they? No bond? or $$ ??

TIA! :wave:

No pleas yet. The judge just asked if they understood the charges, appointed attorneys and set the next hearing date as June 1 st for each of them.

In between sessions it sounded like someone came up to the judge and said the attorney appointed for Joseph has a conflict of interest because he went to high school with him. This should be interesting trial being in such a small area where everyone probably knows them (JMO).

I've listened several times now and I hear her say " I guess". She is shaking her head like no when she says it, though.

We will have to agree to disagree then. I have listened numerous times and I keep hearing a I don't know in a TN slang type way and she shrugs her left shoulder and shakes her head no.

Nothing against you as I respect your opinions I just hear something different.

We will have to agree to disagree then. I have listened numerous times and I keep hearing a I don't know in a TN slang type way and she shrugs her left shoulder and shakes her head no.

Not taking it personal at all, no worries if you heard different.

[h=1]'Where is baby Joe?' crowd chants as parents appear for homicide hearing[/h]
image1_1523632775766_39824871_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

http://www.wkrn.com/news/parents-of-joe-clyde-expected-to-appear-in-court-friday/1120229597

The news is reporting she said "I guess":

When Krystal Daniels was asked if she understand the charges against her, she replied "I guess." She also said she cannot afford an attorney.

http://www.wkrn.com/news/parents-of-joe-clyde-expected-to-appear-in-court-friday/1120229597

At about 9:40 a.m., Daniels was led into the courthouse. He was wearing an orange jail jumpsuit, bulletproof vest and shackles.

A crowd of about 50 people met him there, chanting "Where is Baby Joe?"

A prompter with a small PA system goaded them to keep chanting.

"Remain peaceful but do not let your voices stop being heard!" the man told the crowd.
Inside, Daniels, charged with criminal homicide in the death of his son, Joe Clyde Daniels, was given a court-appointed attorney and waived a preliminary hearing.

As he left the court at 9:50 a.m., the chanting continued outside the courthouse.
At 10 a.m., Joseph Daniels' wife, Krystal Daniels, arrived, also clad in orange and wearing a bulletproof vest and shackles. The chanting continued.

She heard her charge of aggravated child abuse, waived her right to a preliminary hearing and was assigned an attorney.

Krystal Daniels looked down going into and out of the courthouse. On the way back out, demonstrators held their signs low so she would see them.
Video of the crowd chanting at link: https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...ts-father-arrives-homicide-hearing/511150002/

Truth, 2Hope4! This was dAnthro's (ooops can't remember the spelling, please forgive!) earlier point: The press is mighty good at tossing in details that may or may not be true but that will certainly enrage readers even further (i.e., clickbait). As testament to the power of the press in forming opinions, I invite you to read some of the hateful, shocking, and outrageous comments on KD's and JD's FB pages. It is sickening -- and these people state their love of family while in the same breath proposing all manner of torture and death. Why must our response to horror and inhumanity lead some people to lose their very own humanity? In making "demons" of others, in my opinion we become... less.

Does the animal "abuse" matter? If true, absolutely, either alone or as part of the story. But sometimes these little gifts from the press are about as helpful as shouting SQUIRREL at a dog park -- everybody's off on the chase, and nobody's paying attention to the bone right in front of them.

I'm glad that someone with knowledge and expertise recognizes that these animals are not abused, and probably not even abandoned. Rural pets, for good or for bad, roam further afield than their urban and suburban cousins. And thank you, 2Hope4, for all that you do for animals! (I have 6 rescue dogs and 8 rescue cats, I appreciate you and others like you.)

Long story short, I just think it's wise to consider just how much of the story we know to be true before we chase the next squirrel that comes along. (And we all know one will, and soon.)

JMO

BBM

Someone with knowledge, expertise and employed professionally in animal care has been quoted directly in a MSM news article.

The Dickson County Humane Society and TCB Kennels Boarding & Rescue have been working to give the dogs proper care.

“It was pretty sad,” said DCHS General Manager Vivienne Akhdary. “They were very skinny. They were covered in fleas and ticks and were very scared. The dogs were not well taken care of, and behavior shows definite signs of abuse.”

“They just pulled over and dropped them off,” said TCB Kennels Boarding & Rescue Founder Trisha Davis.

Davis has been taking care of the dogs because the animal shelter is full.

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/abused-dogs-belonged-to-daniels-family

Rural dogs should be just as healthy and cared for as urban/suburban dogs.

Signs of abuse such as cowering can be recovered from in the absence of the abuser.

Covered in fleas and ticks is abusive in my eyes not only to the dogs but to the health of children living around flea and tick ridden pets.

Perhaps you are not familiar with Dickson County TN? It is not some godforsaken back water.

With its gentle rolling hills, diverse employment base, thriving retail growth, schools ranked among the best in the state, excellent healthcare facilities and vibrant arts and recreation facilities, Dickson County is a great place to live, work and play. Easy interstate access and close proximity to Nashville means Dickson County is the ideal place for laid-back rural lifestyles yet just a 30-minute drive can put you in the heart of Music City USA.

Dickson County is home to one of the largest state parks in Tennessee, The Renaissance Center, an extensive parks system and a variety of annual festivals, including Old Timers Days the first weekend in every May.

http://www.dicksoncountytn.gov/

Homes for Sale in Dickson County, TN have a median listing price of $219,900 and a price per square foot of $129

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-search/Dickson-County_TN

As for the made up imagining of a seductive media that causes people to start frothing and run to SM I don't see it. The article is well balanced and informative to me.

Maybe eyes that are not used to seeing well taken care of dogs instead seeing those that are allowed to wander long distances and live with fleas and ticks are not as offended as those in communities like Dickson County that place value on a well cared for pet.

All imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members