Deceased/Not Found TN - Joseph 'Joe Clyde' Daniels, 5, autistic, Dickson, 3 April 2018 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't buy the abduction theory at all. I do wonder however if Joseph confessed to "protect" Krystal. I get a much more chilling feeling from her. Or they could be thinking that if he confesses and goes to trial when he didn't do it he'll be found not guilty due to doubt. But that seems like a dangerous gamble.

Honestly I take things that someone's in laws say with a huge grain of salt as a general rule though. Moms of boys only especially tend to think their sons can do no wrong and are wonderful in every way. I see it over and over again in the moms groups I am in, with their husband's moms. (And in my own experience)

The list of items taken from the home is disturbing and definitely lends credence to the theory on here that they are hiding the body location because his murder was much worse than they are admitting to :-(

I haven’t seen the list. Do you have a link?

I haven’t seen the list. Do you have a link?

Search warrant shows what law enforcement took from Daniels' home

DICKSON, Tenn. (WKRN) - Search warrants shown to News 2 reveal what law enforcement confiscated from the Daniels’ home as evidence.

Knives, pillows and a computer were among the items that investigators obtained.

The search warrant was shown by the Daniels family. At least six knives were taken from the home as were two pillows and a cell phone.

The Daniels told us their computer and burgundy Chevrolet Impala were also taken into evidence.

(. . . )
hth

I can't read all of what they took, but 6 knives, what the heck! I still can't believe the family is in denial. I think JD confessed and now regrets he did so and says he didn't do it to his parents. Such a chicken to mom and dad! jmo

Yeah, the pic is hard to read but the article says 6 knives, 2 pillows, a cell phone and the family car.

It seems to me that forensic testing of the car (a burgundy Chevrolet Impala), especially the trunk, will either support dad's story or not. Interesting that LE took knives.

Joe Daniels' father, bio mom and stepmom are all supporting him, saying he falsely confessed under stress after being "goaded" and "badgered" by LE. I can't fault them for defending their son but I also wonder how much support they provided to the family to help care for Joe Clyde. Do we know if any of them lived in the home or nearby?

Video with extended family (grandparents) of little Joe, searched home. Warrant is also in article

http://www.wkrn.com/news/search-warrant-shows-what-law-enforcement-took-from-daniels-home/1119521957

ETA: ooops, byo already posted this sbove, but I will leave it anyway

I can’t get the warrant to come out in proper alignment, but here it is

attachment.php

Attachments

• 996FA1F9-9EB9-46F4-BFA5-1A396E0E6E8D.jpg
    996FA1F9-9EB9-46F4-BFA5-1A396E0E6E8D.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 332
I may have missed this article if it has been posted before .

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...aniels-tennessee-dickson-county-tn/504143002/

About the father, Joseph Ray Daniels: “He was quiet most of the time, but it was like an on and off switch,”

In school:
“He even threw a desk,” Seyler said. “He would threaten to choke someone with a shoelace or say he would do it to himself.”

Daniels, 28, also showed an academically focused side. He earned scholarships for computer information technology at Tennessee College of Applied Technology in Dickson. Later, he landed a job at a Dickson information technology company.

He took taekwondo classes and earned a black belt (@ 2016)

Quit his job (this year)

the family ate at the restaurant almost daily. (A Dickson fast food place)

Another video of grandparents pleading for return of Little Joe Clyde

http://www.wkrn.com/news/grandparen...make-emotional-plea_20180411212153/1115934742

The grandparents actually have me doubting the confession. JoeDad seems to have good support in his life. A solid, supportive family. Krystal, on the other hand, seems to have had a troubled childhood and some mental health ^ issues. She seems to have NO supportive family. (Or maybe they’re just not speaking up.) Seems like JoeDad was/is the only one in her corner. Starting to question whether he’s taking the fall for her.

eta: ^ and drug addiction

The grandparents actually have me doubting the confession. JoeDad seems to have good support in his life. A solid, supportive family. Krystal, on the other hand, seems to have had a troubled childhood and some mental health ^ issues. She seems to have NO supportive family. (Or maybe they’re just not speaking up.) Seems like JoeDad was/is the only one in her corner. Starting to question whether he’s taking the fall for her.

JD obviously had anger issues. Quote from above article:
“He was quiet most of the time, but it was like an on and off switch,” said Heaven Seyler who attended school with Daniels, a 2008 graduate of Dickson County High School. “He had a very short fuse. There was incidents of him getting so angry he would get kicked out of class.”
Supportive parents cannot guarantee a trouble-free child. KD seems to have her own issues (depression, pills, maybe drugs) which may explain why she is so stoic. It probably is the combination of these two personality types that led to little Joe‘s death (one who snapped and one who let it happen).

Just can’t stand that so many little children are still missing. I want them found so badly

Ah cmon, my parents and no doubt my father in law would sell me out as an amazing mother teresa type.

I have 4 kids, no local support, I lose my ***** sometimes but hell I AM a good parent and I DONT need family to help me do that. Having no support means jack all

Those poor Grandparents break my heart....

Yes, but Grandfather said when he was not on the road his grandson was with him. I believe they had a good relationship. Grandpa is hurting, in shock and in denial. All VERY REAL emotions.

I may have missed this article if it has been posted before .

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...aniels-tennessee-dickson-county-tn/504143002/

About the father, Joseph Ray Daniels: “He was quiet most of the time, but it was like an on and off switch,”

In school:
“He even threw a desk,” Seyler said. “He would threaten to choke someone with a shoelace or say he would do it to himself.”

Daniels, 28, also showed an academically focused side. He earned scholarships for computer information technology at Tennessee College of Applied Technology in Dickson. Later, he landed a job at a Dickson information technology company.

He took taekwondo classes and earned a black belt (@ 2016)

Quit his job (this year)

the family ate at the restaurant almost daily. (A Dickson fast food place)

The disparity between the grandfather's statements and the reports of the dad having a short fuse and even threatening people is probably due to a parent wanting to believe the best about their kid. I get it. Heck, I get that all the grandparents want to believe little Joe is still alive too. Heartbreaking. :(

But the fact remains that dad had a temper. Interesting that he worked so hard to get certified in IT then quit his job without having an alternate job lined up. We don't know the reason but it may play into his having anger issues. I don't know. MOO.

Ah cmon, my parents and no doubt my father in law would sell me out as an amazing mother teresa type.

I have 4 kids, no local support, I lose my ***** sometimes but hell I AM a good parent and I DONT need family to help me do that. Having no support means jack all

I know. It’s irrational. He confessed. But still, I’m not ruling out the possibility that he’s covering for her.

Get ready to cry:

Little Joe Clyde Daniels loved to run around church in his dark brown cowboy boots, which always seemed to be on the wrong feet.

He knew exactly which ladies kept candy in their purses; Dum Dums lollipops were his favorite.

And when the pastor would get loud and yell "Amen," the little blond-haired boy would make noises like he was trying to agree.
While law enforcement officials continue to search, the community reflects.

They hope others will remember the boy with bright blue eyes and a kindergartner's toothy smile — not just the tragedy that surrounds his death.

"He was a sweet, gentle spirit," says Liz Cook.
Joe Clyde was a "seeker," Cook says, using the term to describe children with autism who engage more socially than others on the spectrum by seeking out interaction and affection.
"He was always so easy to please," Cook says. "He didn’t fuss. He didn’t have outbursts."
Autism didn't separate Joe Clyde from his classmates. Friends like 6-year-old Cooper Cardwell connected with him, building blocks together at school.

"Joe helped my son learn empathy, patience and friendship, and never spoke a word," Cooper’s dad, Brandon, says....
"I think our hearts are pretty devastated that someone wouldn’t reach out for help if they were struggling like this," Cook says. "And that they would take their personal struggle out on a child who couldn't help it."

Pausing as her voice quiets with emotion, she adds, "They had the resources to get help."
Their grandmother walked them to their school bus, she says, but that’s the only time Cederoth saw them, even though all that divides their land is a chain-link fence.
Joe Clyde's great-aunt took the little boy and his two brothers to Hillview Baptist every Wednesday and Sunday since he was "probably 2 weeks old," Pastor Bobby Smartt remembers.

When Joe Clyde was a baby, his parents would come, too, Smartt says. But as the boys got older, their mom and dad stopped coming.
He said he grew suspicious early on after little Joe was reported missing.

"She said, 'Baby Joe disappeared,' " he [Krystal's half-brother] recalls. "I went over there. That day, Joseph (the father), there was just no concern at all.
Krystal Daniels was estranged from her family, Kwasnicke says.

She and her brothers grew up in Knoxville, he says. Krystal Daniels moved to Dickson about 7½ years ago, Kwasnicke says.

"The reason we didn’t have a strong relationship was Joseph," he says. "We didn’t like Joseph because he was weird."

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...s-5-remembered-sweet-gentle-spirit/504760002/

More at the link - it's a long article. :tears:

from the article just posted above....
Joe Clyde Daniels, 5, remember as "sweet gentle spirit"

The child had autism but learned to hum all the hymns.

Nice story on Joe Clyde!

:candle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members