Deceased/Not Found TN - Joseph 'Joe Clyde' Daniels, 5, autistic, Dickson, 3 April 2018 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. I would think such a commotion would wake the other kids at least??? Joe was non verbal, not mute.

I don't know. I would think such a commotion would wake the other kids at least??? Joe was non verbal, not mute.

Even if the other kids heard the commotion, we may not know about that yet. Maybe they have spoken to police, Or maybe are too scared or confused to speak up yet?

it's a small house. I can see the children being afraid of the parents but not while they are incarcerated.

It seems like I saw a video link to that story somewhere. I will try to find it. I remember it being something along the title of we want our baby back....

Could you ‘reply with quote’? It’s sometimes hard to tell which post you’re referencing.

That’s what I thought the first time I read it too. It said something like, he pointed to the witness who saw BabyJoe at 1am. But then I thought they must have meant figuratively, as in he referred to the witness, not literally pointing at a guy and saying He saw BabyJoe.

P.S. Not picking on you at all, it’s just rainy and dreary here in the Boston area, so I’m just hanging out here for a while.

If he was literally pointing at the witness and saying He saw BabyJoe at 1am, then I WISH the reporter would have turned to that witness and asked them to tell us more about that. But I doubt the witness was actually there.

The child's parents noticed he was missing at 5:20 a.m., the time they went to wake him up for school.

The parents then searched the house/property for about an hour. At 6:30 a.m. they called 911 to report that he was missing.

"In a 911 call, Daniels’ father said, 'He must’ve unlocked the door. He got out.'”

http://www.wkrn.com/top-news/search-underway-for-missing-5-year-old-in-dickson/1101496830

Why would they wake him up
At 530 for school ? What time did school start?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was discussed early on. Some people thought it may be reasonable, but I’m not sure it really matters any more, since we know that story was fiction. I guess at the time, the parents must have thought it was reasonable enough. Otherwise, why not just choose another time for their lie?

In my opinion, this is a possible theory. He got out of the house, was seen by a witness, the parents found him wandering close to the house and the punishment for leaving went too far.

Has sperm donor said why he was so upset that he beat precious angel to death?

It seems like I saw a video link to that story somewhere. I will try to find it. I remember it being something along the title of we want our baby back....

Is this the article you’re looking for?
https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...randfather-says-mom-tried-blame-us/513792002/

“I think (Joe Clyde's) been kidnapped, myself,” said Daniels, pointing to a witness who said he saw Joe Clyde Jr. walking down Garners Creek Road early on the morning of April 4.
This is where I think they were speaking figuratively. I do not believe he was literally pointing at someone who was standing in his presence. I think the reporter just meant “referring to a witness”.

That was discussed early on. Some people thought it may be reasonable, but I’m not sure it really matters any more, since we know that story was fiction. I guess at the time, the parents must have thought it was reasonable enough. Otherwise, why not just choose another time for their lie?

Right!! Sorry I just found the joe thread

LE have taken a number of items from the house...hopefully they can get forensic confirmation to back up the charges, and if the forensics don't support Joe's death in that house, I don't know what would happen.

We don't know if they'd taken cadaver dogs into the house or to check the car at the point where LE said there's no evidence of foul play. Or did they just mean foul play by an outsider?

Both parents seem fairly tall and well-built, so it does seem hard to believe the driver could have mistaken them for a five-year old. But LE never really explained that sighting...could the sighting be real but not of a five-year old and used as a tactic to see what the parents responses would be?

Oh, boy... Well, I don't want to pick on you so please take it that way. Now in any case, any case at all not just this one, you start your case at the evidence. The evidence always leads the way, Period... What you do not do is get your mind made up before the evidence and then go looking for it after the fact. This basically leads to prejudice. The practice can actually lead to evidence being thrown so it's very important that the investigators not do that. Even with a confession, without a body they still have to show proof that Joe died in that house. Without it this case against them is dead.

Oh, boy... Well, I don't want to pick on you so please take it that way. Now in any case, any case at all not just this one, you start your case at the evidence. The evidence always leads the way, Period... What you do not do is get your mind made up before the evidence and then go looking for it after the fact. This basically leads to prejudice. The practice can actually lead to evidence being thrown so it's very important that the investigators not do that. Even with a confession, without a body they still have to show proof that Joe died in that house. Without it this case against them is dead.

Of course that's how LE should work a case, but for them to get evidence sometimes they need a search warrant and that can come either from evidence, tips, a confession, or lack of evidence that a child did wander off, then they can get a search warrant for the home and maybe there they find items with blood spatters or bodily fluids that they take for testing and build a case using both the forensic evidence, the confession, and various other things. We don't know exactly what they have, and a lot of that probably wouldn't come out until a trial.

LE have to investigate from all angles, not with prejudice, but with an open mind, and that has to include the parents especially if there's anything that seems 'off'.

Please use Reply With Quote when appropriate. It makes the thread so much easier to read.

TIA

Well let's say hypothetically they did find evidence, cadaver dogs picked up a scent in the house and in the trunk of the fathers car. They then confront the father with the evidence. They lie to him and tell him the wife told them everything. It leads to his confession. Even though they lied about the wife they are still ok because they have actual conclusive evidence that Joe died in the house. That would be totally appropriate.

Now alternatively, they just don't feel right about these people from the beginning. He's weird, shes a schizophrenic, he's not acting like he's worried enough, he's not trying to find his son etc etc... so they set out to arrange an interview. They lie to him and tell him they have evidence Joe was killed in the house and put in the trunk of the car. If he didn't do it then the mother must have. Who killed him? Father confesses to possibly protect the mother. Then they go to the mother, tell her he has confessed. They tell her the same lie about the evidence. She proceeds to try and figure out what must of happened and they start leading her to fill in the blanks. She's thinking he couldn't have but if he was killed in the house and it wasn't her and it wasn't him it must be the Grandparents?!? The police confront the grandparents but are ruled out only because they can prove they were out of state. This is coercion without evidence. That's not ok. If they do find evidence after the fact they risk it being thrown out because they broke the rules. If they don't find evidence at all and no body then the case is entirely circumstantial and I don't see it ending in a conviction at all.

Why do we still not have a body? I'm under the impression that during the initial confession the father did tell them where his body was but they did not find Joe where he led them to look. Now he nor she is cooperating. What logical reason would they have not to take them to Joe's body?

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...randfather-says-mom-tried-blame-us/513792002/

This is where I think they were speaking figuratively. I do not believe he was literally pointing at someone who was standing in his presence. I think the reporter just meant “referring to a witness”.

What seems narrated??

Sorry. The article from the tennessean seems like a narrated account from the grandfather.

What seems narrated??

The kids probably ride the bus to school. They can get picked up pretty early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay