Deceased/Not Found TN - Joseph 'Joe Clyde' Daniels, 5, autistic, Dickson, 3 April 2018 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not often I am so touched by an article or post, but tears rolled down my face when I read the post by Joe Clyde’s kindergarten teacher. I hope it is all right to post a link to it from the Justice for Joe Clyde Daniels FB. She told of some of the special memories of Joe, but what really touched me most was how his classmates reacted.

https://www.facebook.com/beth.williams.7121/posts/1892234050820826

How unbearable sweet was that! Thank you for sharing!

Are they still searching?

This morning as I dropped my (autistic) son off at preschool, I was thinking a lot about Joe and his adorable smiling face in those school pictures linked above. My heart breaks for his teachers and classmates. And even the other parents. Just for seeing the kids at drop off every day....I would be devastated if anything happened to any of my son's classmates (half of which are other special needs kids.) So I have no doubt that Joe was shown love by at least some people in his short life. It's just unfortunate that it didn't come from his parents.

This whole case is just very unsettling. The confessions from the parents have not solved this case. They have only raised more questions. At this point having no body and seemingly no evidence to cooperate the parents confession I have to at least consider that this could be a case of coercion. From the first day of Joe's dissapearance the sheriff's department stated that there was no evidence of foul play. NONE!? Didn't they bring dogs in on the first day? I read somewhere that the accuracy of cadaver dogs is 95% detection after only 2 minutes of death. If Joe was killed in his house and placed in the trunk of his father's car, why wouldn't the dogs pick up on that? Let's not forget there was also an eyewitness who claimed to have seen Joe wandering around the road at 1am. Now, I did not initially believe this account. I just figured this was some random person making this up. I mean for what reason would this person have to be driving around a rural back road at that time of night for an undisclosed reason? What kind of a person who sees a small child walking around alone in the middle of nowhere at that time of night doesn't stop to see if they are all right, try find there home or call the police? I just thought that couldn't be true until a few days ago the paper reported that the dogs had picked up Joe's scent and were indeed searching that area. So now it looks like there is no cooperating evidence to parents confession but is cooperating evidence to the eye witness account. I strongly feel they need to follow the evidence and take stronger view of this person. He's got a lot of explaining to do.

This whole case is just very unsettling. The confessions from the parents have not solved this case. They have only raised more questions. At this point having no body and seemingly no evidence to cooperate the parents confession I have to at least consider that this could be a case of coercion. From the first day of Joe's dissapearance the sheriff's department started that there was no evidence of foul play. NONE!? I read somewhere that the accuracy of cadaver dogs is 95% detection after only 2 minutes of death. If Joe was killed in his house and placed in the trunk of his father's car, why wouldn't the dogs pick up on that? Let's not forget there was also an eyewitness who claimed to have seen Joe wandering around the road at 1am. Now, I did not initially believe this account. I just figured this was some random person making this up. I mean for what reason would this person have to be driving around a rural back road at that time of night for an undisclosed reason? What kind of a person who sees a small child walking around alone in the middle of nowhere at that time of night doesn't stop to see if they are all right, try find there home or call the police? I just thought that couldn't be true until a few days ago the paper reported that the dogs had picked up Joe's scent and were indeed searching that area. So now it looks like there is no cooperating evidence to parents confession but is cooperating evidence to the eye witness account. I strongly feel they need to follow the evidence and take stronger view of this person. He's got of explaining to do.

LE have taken a number of items from the house...hopefully they can get forensic confirmation to back up the charges, and if the forensics don't support Joe's death in that house, I don't know what would happen.

We don't know if they'd taken cadaver dogs into the house or to check the car at the point where LE said there's no evidence of foul play. Or did they just mean foul play by an outsider?

Both parents seem fairly tall and well-built, so it does seem hard to believe the driver could have mistaken them for a five-year old. But LE never really explained that sighting...could the sighting be real but not of a five-year old and used as a tactic to see what the parents responses would be?

This whole case is just very unsettling. The confessions from the parents have not solved this case. They have only raised more questions. At this point having no body and seemingly no evidence to cooperate the parents confession I have to at least consider that this could be a case of coercion. From the first day of Joe's dissapearance the sheriff's department started that there was no evidence of foul play. NONE!? I read somewhere that the accuracy of cadaver dogs is 95% detection after only 2 minutes of death. If Joe was killed in his house and placed in the trunk of his father's car, why wouldn't the dogs pick up on that? Let's not forget there was also an eyewitness who claimed to have seen Joe wandering around the road at 1am. Now, I did not initially believe this account. I just figured this was some random person making this up. I mean for what reason would this person have to be driving around a rural back road at that time of night for an undisclosed reason? What kind of a person who sees a small child walking around alone in the middle of nowhere at that time of night doesn't stop to see if they are all right, try find there home or call the police? I just thought that couldn't be true until a few days ago the paper reported that the dogs had picked up Joe's scent and were indeed searching that area. So now it looks like there is no cooperating evidence to parents confession but is cooperating evidence to the eye witness account. I strongly feel they need to follow the evidence and take stronger view of this person. He's got of explaining to do.

LE is not obligated to tell the public anything concerning an active investigation, let alone what they really think is going on. If they said they did not suspect foul play, there was a reason they did so. For all we know, they had suspicions from the original 911 call of what happened or what they thought happened. Or they may have learned things as the investigation proceeded that changed their thoughts or opinions of what happened to Joe Clyde.

LE must play their hands close to the vest in order to secure convictions. I can think of investigations where LE purposely lead the public astray because they had a suspect in mind and needed them to be comfortable enough to make a mistake or reveal evidence.

I haven’t ruled out coercion myself. But wrt the dogs, (a) when they thought Baby Joe was alive, they wouldn’t have been using cadaver dogs, (b) regardless of the stats on the reliability of dogs, I have seen too many cases on WS where the dogs did not find a dead body in the exact area they had searched, and (c) do we really know that the dogs didn’t pick up a scent from the car?

And, wrt the 1am sighting, I feel like LE has been very tight-lipped about that. Is it possible that one of the parents was with Baby Joe at the time of the sighting? That would explain why the person didn’t stop. And maybe the police put that out there in order to illicit a response from the parents. As to why someone would be out driving at 1am... could be a job with a late shift, could be hanging out with friends, could be any number of things.

I was thinking about this article again, in which former classmates said JoeDad had a short fuse...

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...aniels-tennessee-dickson-county-tn/504143002/

“He was quiet most of the time, but it was like an on and off switch,” said Heaven Seyler who attended school with Daniels, a 2008 graduate of Dickson County High School. “He had a very short fuse. There was incidents of him getting so angry he would get kicked out of class.”

Alex Chappell, another Dickson County High classmate who had homeroom with Daniels, remembered Daniels talking to himself regularly in class.

“He always had a short temper and just a real out-there kind of guy,” Chappell said. “(He) did not connect to the planet.”

I just want to point out that he’s been out of high school over 10 years. They didn’t quote anyone saying he recently had anger issues. In fact, his taekwondo instructor said

Lewis said he was “not close” to Daniels. But he never saw the flashes of anger and short fuse others described.

“He was always kind of humble,” Lewis said. “He was never out of control in sparring or anything.”

Still considering the possibility that he’s covering for Krystal.

If it's just a tactic to get the parents talking why search the area after the confession is already procured? Why three days later announce his scent was detected in that same area?

The possibility of one of the parents being with Joe at the sighting makes sense in the context of trying to get a reaction or confession out of the parent however, it does not make sense to investigate this after the confessions have already been made. I also would note that the family appears to know this person who saw Joe, at least the Grandfather does. I read an article where Joe's grandfather was talking to reporters and even stated that he believed Joe was still out there and that "he saw him" indicating that the person was present at the time of this interview. Now that is odd!

If it's just a tactic to get the parents talking why search the area after the confession is already procured? Why three days later announce his scent was detected in that same area?

I thought they stopped the massive, community-wide search for a live child once he confessed, but have still been searching for child’s body since the confession.

The possibility of one of the parents being with Joe at the sighting makes sense in the context of trying to get a reaction or confession out of the parent however, it does not make sense to investigate this after the confessions have already been made. I also would note that the family appears to know this person who saw Joe, at least the Grandfather does. I read an article where Joe's grandfather was talking to reporters and even stated that he believed Joe was still out there and that "he saw him" indicating that the person was present at the time of this interview. Now that is odd!

That’s what I thought the first time I read it too. It said something like, he pointed to the witness who saw BabyJoe at 1am. But then I thought they must have meant figuratively, as in he referred to the witness, not literally pointing at a guy and saying He saw BabyJoe.

P.S. Not picking on you at all, it’s just rainy and dreary here in the Boston area, so I’m just hanging out here for a while.

The stopped the volunteer search. The authorities are still looking.

It is possible that BabyJoe did indeed get out of the house and the witness did see him BEFORE the parents realized he was gone. When they realized he was gone and someone went after him could be when everything happened-possibly in the house or somewhere else.

This whole case is just very unsettling. The confessions from the parents have not solved this case. They have only raised more questions. At this point having no body and seemingly no evidence to cooperate the parents confession I have to at least consider that this could be a case of coercion. From the first day of Joe's dissapearance the sheriff's department stated that there was no evidence of foul play. NONE!? Didn't they bring dogs in on the first day? I read somewhere that the accuracy of cadaver dogs is 95% detection after only 2 minutes of death. If Joe was killed in his house and placed in the trunk of his father's car, why wouldn't the dogs pick up on that? Let's not forget there was also an eyewitness who claimed to have seen Joe wandering around the road at 1am. Now, I did not initially believe this account. I just figured this was some random person making this up. I mean for what reason would this person have to be driving around a rural back road at that time of night for an undisclosed reason? What kind of a person who sees a small child walking around alone in the middle of nowhere at that time of night doesn't stop to see if they are all right, try find there home or call the police? I just thought that couldn't be true until a few days ago the paper reported that the dogs had picked up Joe's scent and were indeed searching that area. So now it looks like there is no cooperating evidence to parents confession but is cooperating evidence to the eye witness account. I strongly feel they need to follow the evidence and take stronger view of this person. He's got a lot of explaining to do.

For some reason, this is making me think of the Lonzi Barton case.... :rose:

It is possible that BabyJoe did indeed get out of the house and the witness did see him BEFORE the parents realized he was gone. When they realized he was gone and someone went after him could be when everything happened-possibly in the house or somewhere else.

In my opinion, this is a possible theory. He got out of the house, was seen by a witness, the parents found him wandering close to the house and the punishment for leaving went too far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has been my thought as well.

It seems like I saw a video link to that story somewhere. I will try to find it. I remember it being something along the title of we want our baby back....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine