Deceased/Not Found TN - Joseph 'Joe Clyde' Daniels, 5, autistic, Dickson, 3 April 2018 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, when she said it the grandparents fault, i think she meant on how they raised their son or other such actions related to the marriage how they raised their kids or whatever grandparents say to parents about the dealing with family stuff.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
I don't know about. It looks to me like his family is actually quite supportive. It's her side of the family seems more estranged from her too me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I don't know about. It looks to me like his family is actually quite supportive. It's her side of the family seems more estranged from her too me.

We don't know for sure that she even said that this was their fault. We just know that the investigators told them that she did.

Even if she rolls can they make her testify in court? They are married.

I don't believe there are any US states that allow spousal privilege in the case of a crime against a child.

Well let's say hypothetically they did find evidence, cadaver dogs picked up a scent in the house and in the trunk of the fathers car. They then confront the father with the evidence. They lie to him and tell him the wife told them everything. It leads to his confession. Even though they lied about the wife they are still ok because they have actual conclusive evidence that Joe died in the house. That would be totally appropriate.

Now alternatively, they just don't feel right about these people from the beginning. He's weird, shes a schizophrenic, he's not acting like he's worried enough, he's not trying to find his son etc etc... so they set out to arrange an interview. They lie to him and tell him they have evidence Joe was killed in the house and put in the trunk of the car. If he didn't do it then the mother must have. Who killed him? Father confesses to possibly protect the mother. Then they go to the mother, tell her he has confessed. They tell her the same lie about the evidence. She proceeds to try and figure out what must of happened and they start leading her to fill in the blanks. She's thinking he couldn't have but if he was killed in the house and it wasn't her and it wasn't him it must be the Grandparents?!? The police confront the grandparents but are ruled out only because they can prove they were out of state. This is coercion without evidence. That's not ok. If they do find evidence after the fact they risk it being thrown out because they broke the rules. If they don't find evidence at all and no body then the case is entirely circumstantial and I don't see it ending in a conviction at all.

Why do we still not have a body? I'm under the impression that during the initial confession the father did tell them where his body was but they did not find Joe where he led them to look. Now he nor she is cooperating. What logical reason would they have not to take them to Joe's body?

As to the bolded, above---

Sometimes people leave out the worst parts of their confessions. So they say it was an accident, they slapped their child, who fell and hit their head.

Maybe they don't want the detectives to find the body because it will tell a different story. Maybe it was a much more brutal death, than the confession described?

I have seen this happen in cases where the suspect confesses, but does not admit to sexual abuse. So they confess to accidentally hitting a child too hard---but they will not tell where the remains are, to avoid the sick truth of the sexual assault.

[/B]

As to the bolded, above---

Sometimes people leave out the worst parts of their confessions. So they say it was an accident, they slapped their child, who fell and hit their head.

Maybe they don't want the detectives to find the body because it will tell a different story. Maybe it was a much more brutal death, than the confession described?

I have seen this happen in cases where the suspect confesses, but does not admit to sexual abuse. So they confess to accidentally hitting a child too hard---but they will not tell where the remains are, to avoid the sick truth of the sexual assault.
Well, it's far fetched but yes, there maybe could be something there... What if he was shot or stabbed, that could be premeditated murder if they think they waited till the grandparents were out if town to do it. If he's beaten to death but he didn't mean to kill him it just went to far it could be down graded to manslaughter. Then again theirs a lot of things that could be imagined. How do you prove it without a body?

Wasnt it kd that said it was her husband's parents fault?

I said in the previous post that if KD is medicated properly for the schizophrenia and bipolar then she's about the same risk as any other person.

But if she's not medicated that could change things.

Also, this sighting outside the house. Little Joe isn't the only blonde-haired person in that household. And there were a number of knives taken away on the search warrant. Combine these things, the possibility of unmedicated schizophrenia, the blonde hair, and the knives, and that could add up to something different, but I would still think that JD would have to hide the body to protect KD. He's said he beat little Joe to death with his bare hands. What if the body doesn't back up his confession? Could that be a reason to confess but not assist with finding little Joe's remains?

I don't know how long forensics on those knives will take, but there's an outside chance, based on this line of questioning, that the forensics might lead to a change in the charges?

And, remember the video of the grandparents where the reporter says that carpet was lifted up by LE in the search, and the camera focused on an air vent or a drain? There were stains on that vent/drain and I had some concerns about the color of those stains.

But...if it was a knife as opposed to fists, I would have thought a lot of other items might be taken for blood spatter evidence? I don't know how that would work...they can't take walls that have blood spatter patterns but other objects and fabrics should catch some spatter.

A knife would suggest to me that it was KD, possibly off her meds. But JD knows she has schizophrenia and what it does to her. She would be more likely to be found criminally incompetent and go to a mental hospital than to jail, and the other two boys would lose both their parents if he falsely confesses, and he ought to know that if that happened that KD needs help, so even if he initially tried to cover for her it would be a big mistake to continue the lie once LE catch on that something happened in the house. People aren't always logical where emotions are concerned.

The warrant didn't say anything about LE taking clothing? I find that a curious thing if blood spatter is a possible issue...even if fabrics or sofa aren't taken and spatter analysis is done by photographic evidence, the clothing worn that night ought to be collected. Unless that was collected separately, so we might not be able to draw conclusions from the lack of mention of clothing on the warrant.

Thinking about it this way, I think there might be a stronger risk of KD being the perpetrator and JD covering for her out of guilt that he came upon the scene too late, he panicked and hid the body instead of calling 911 and getting help for KD. With JD having a temper it's not out of the question for him to be the perp, but given the timing and all these other things, there's also a strong case for KD being the greater risk that night.

It would be very sad, imho, if JD has covered for a schizophrenic episode in KD, he would have bought himself a ticket to jail when he didn't need to.
I'm leaning towards he at least thinks he's covering for her too because yes he would know that she gets crazy off her meds... However the question remains is it because he saw her do it or because the investigators told him they have evidence Joe died in the house?

Wasnt it kd that said it was her husband's parents fault?

According to the Grandparents the investigators told them that she said they were involved. No one (in the media) has heard anything from her mouth. It's all second hand information at this point. The question is, is this something investigators said to the grandparents during an interrogation? If it were then it may have just been an interrogation tactic to coerc information out of the Grandparents. The police are allowed to lie to you during an interrogation.

it's a small house. I can see the children being afraid of the parents but not while they are incarcerated.

IMO the other kids have been forensically interviewed by professionals by now and are old enough to give some indication of what went on in the house. At least I hope so. There's no reason for LE to disclose it to the public but we may hear something about it eventually. MOO.

According to the Grandparents the investigators told them that she said they were involved. No one (in the media) has heard anything from her mouth. It's all second hand information at this point. The question is, is this something investigators said to the grandparents during an interrogation? If it were then it may have just been an interrogation tactic to coerc information out of the Grandparents. The police are allowed to lie to you during an interrogation.

Right. The grandfather said kd is trying to blame them. In my opinion the way kd said it, meant as insirectly caused it. Like blaming them for how they raised her husband. In my opinion, she did not mean they were directly involved.

Next court appearance scheduled for June 1st.
Why would they waive their right to a preliminary hearing? It makes sense if they plan on pleading guilty but if they are going to do that why not tell where Joe's body is???
Could it possibly be to ensure a speedy trial, recant the confession and move for an aquital???

Right. The grandfather said kd is trying to blame them. In my opinion the way kd said it, meant as insirectly caused it. Like blaming them for how they raised her husband. In my opinion, she did not mean they were directly involved.

No, I don't think so. The Grandfather certainly doesn't appear to interpret the accusation that way. The investigators might have initially thought the Grandparents were involved in a cover up some how before conclusively confirming they were out if town.

No, I don't think so. The Grandfather certainly doesn't appear to interpret the accusation that way. The investigators might have initially thought the Grandparents were involved in a cover up some how before conclusively confirming they were out if town.

Wow. That is a way different view. I will have to look at that closer. Funny how one statement cam mean ao many things to different péople.

Why would they waive their right to a preliminary hearing? It makes sense if they plan on pleading guilty but if they are going to do that why not tell where Joe's body is???
Could it possibly be to ensure a speedy trial, recant the confession and move for an aquital???

I’m just guessing, but I think the preliminary hearing has to be held within a certain (short) period of time. Their public defenders need more time to review the evidence, so have advised them to waive the preliminary hearing. JMO.

Dickson Sheriff asking for home security footage in Joe Clyde Daniels search

As part of the search, the Sheriff's Office is asking residents for home security footage recorded between April 3 and April 6 of this year. The TBI believes that Daniels was killed during the night of April 3-4.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/37980398/...-security-footage-in-joe-clyde-daniels-search

Dickson County Sheriff's Office
about an hour ago
Joe Clyde Daniels update:
The Dickson County Sheriff’s Office and the TBI, along with others conducted some more targeted searches in the Tennessee City area today. Several areas and ponds were searched. We did not locate Joe Clyde today, but we are not giving up.

The Dickson County Sheriff’s Office is asking residents in the Tennessee City area for help in the Joe Clyde Daniels case. We are asking for any home security video footage from 4-3-18 through 4-6-18. If you have a home security camera that captures the roadway during the timeframe above, still have the footage, and live on the following roads please contact our office.

Garner’s Creek Road
Old Garner’s Creek Road
South 3rd Street
Luffman Road
Jason Chapel Road
Pruitt Road
Pruett Springs Road
Gilliam Hollow Road
Lane Road
Fire Tower Road
CCC Road
Dupree Road
Harris Road
Sam Hollow Road
McElhiney Road
Old Ruskin Road
Eno Road
https://twitter.com/DicksonCountySO?lang=en

Dickson Sheriff asking for home security footage in Joe Clyde Daniels search

http://www.wsmv.com/story/37980398/...-security-footage-in-joe-clyde-daniels-search

Dickson County Sheriff's Office
about an hour ago
Joe Clyde Daniels update:
The Dickson County Sheriff’s Office and the TBI, along with others conducted some more targeted searches in the Tennessee City area today. Several areas and ponds were searched. We did not locate Joe Clyde today, but we are not giving up.

The Dickson County Sheriff’s Office is asking residents in the Tennessee City area for help in the Joe Clyde Daniels case. We are asking for any home security video footage from 4-3-18 through 4-6-18. If you have a home security camera that captures the roadway during the timeframe above, still have the footage, and live on the following roads please contact our office.

Garner’s Creek Road
Old Garner’s Creek Road
South 3rd Street
Luffman Road
Jason Chapel Road
Pruitt Road
Pruett Springs Road
Gilliam Hollow Road
Lane Road
Fire Tower Road
CCC Road
Dupree Road
Harris Road
Sam Hollow Road
McElhiney Road
Old Ruskin Road
Eno Road
https://twitter.com/DicksonCountySO?lang=en

Ah, gosh, I hope they get something. BUT, I have security cameras at my home (not in their area) and they only retain footage for 7 days. Would be gone by now.

Ah, gosh, I hope they get something. BUT, I have security cameras at my home (not in their area) and they only retain footage for 7 days. Would be gone by now.
I was thinking the same thing. So many people have video now, it's always smart to ask immediately. If I hear anything went on in the neighborhood, I automatically check mine. Usually I jut catch the possum and the raccoon.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

They did ask for footage earlier on even before the arrests. I think they are putting out a reminder.

At this point hopefully they have subenoed the parents cellular carrier. They can use triangulation to narrow down the search area pretty significantly.

Does anyone know what was the last day little Joe was seen by someone (other than immediate family)? I mean excluding the witness sighting. He may have seen the 8 year old son, for example.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member