TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Author of Single Married Woman: daddy still living in t house while divorcing>happening more and more; what's t tone in that house?

Re Polygraph
-Def Atty: family is not forced to take poly; unreliable & not admissible in court

What was going on at 11 that night that she was trying to get ahold of the friend? She went home after that.

Matt Z, reporter: daughter woke up at 6 AM; dad actually reported her missing to t cops; re the searches-first time, had consent>second time-had warrant because of procedural reasons; family has cooperated completely in searching home

Back from commercial, going over the case again, Karen's son's plea for information about his mother and for her to please come home.

NG discussing now with Dr. Sherry Blake, clinical psychologist, re: husband still living in home during divorce. She wants to know what the tone inside the house was with everyone knowing parents are getting divorce.

Caller wants to know if younger children have been questioned by LE. David Lohr doesn't know answer; quotes Sheriff from today saying husband is cooperating.

NG producer saying LE has been at house, husband has spoken with LE, no one has taken a LDT.

NG now discussing with an ER physician about possible evidence inside the car; look for blood, semen, other DNA evidence.

Caller (male) asking if LE can put husband in jail until he talks, seems he's not cooperating any more. NG correcting the caller on the law here in the U.S.

NG asking legal panel about husband not taking a LDT; answer, unreliable, not admissible in court. NG saying it is admissible if both parties stipulate in court. Another guest saying LE has to have probable cause to take husband into custody.

NG producer stating daughter woke at 6:00am. Dad was in the house, reported Karen missing to LE, searches of house were by consent and with a warrant (procedure).

NG back to talking with Karen's mother. NG asking about nature of marriage problems. She cannot answer; she wasn't there. Something was going on, she filed for divorce, didn't discuss with mother.

Also briefly brought up neighbor accused of poisoning dogs; search of his property.

Guest?: there was a search of home of neighbor who has been accused of poisoning her dog

after listening to Mark Klass all these years----- he always the immediate family should take a poly so the police will look in the right direction---I WONDER WHY Dad hasn't taken one. And if I was the college age son I'd ask him why he hasn't......

JMOO

Dr Dona

NG now discussing possible emotional trauma to children with clinical psychologist guest.

NG asking Karen's friend what her message tonight is. Saying wherever Karen is tonight it is not by choice; whatever happened is foul play.

NG now has answer about what time YMCA opens. On Sunday, not until 1:00pm, so she was not on her way to work out.

End of coverage on Karen.

I wonder if KS could have met someone on line?Someone bad.
Could be.

With Karen's last cell phone activity at 5:00am (even though unconfirmed it was Karen), the timeline for the husband to have killed her, disposed of her body, staged the car breakdown, gotten home and called 911 shortly after his daughter found Karen missing at 6:00am is very tight. Despite some unusual circumstances regarding clothing found in the bushes, the car facing toward home, and her even being out at that hour of the morning, it appears more as if someone other than the husband was involved.

MOO

I wonder who was at the Halloween party? Maybe left to meet up with someone after she picked up her daughter and got her to sleep.

Could be.

With Karen's last cell phone activity at 5:00am (even though unconfirmed it was Karen), the timeline for the husband to have killed her, disposed of her body, staged the car breakdown, gotten home and called 911 shortly after his daughter found Karen missing at 6:00am is very tight. Despite some unusual circumstances regarding clothing found in the bushes, the car facing toward home, and her even being out at that hour of the morning, it appears more as if someone other than the husband was involved.

MOO

The timeline I'm going by is 1:30 or whenever she came home with the daughter and 6:00am when the daughter woke. That gives plenty of time for someone to do something, whoever that someone is.

I know there was the phone call at 5:00, but I don't think that was Karen. However, I'm just speculating.

I have to say that I get choked up when I hear her son speak.

My thoughts are with Preston and the rest of his family. May Karen be found soon!

The timeline I'm going by is 1:30 or whenever she came home with the daughter and 6:00am when the daughter woke. That gives plenty of time for someone to do something, whoever that someone is.

I know there was the phone call at 5:00, but I don't think that was Karen. However, I'm just speculating.

Until more information surfaces regarding the 5:00am cell phone activity, I agree, there is plenty of opportunity from the time she arrived home for her husband to have done something to her and dispose of her body, including staging the scene with the car and clothes discarded in the bushes (assuming they are Karen's). I understood, however, the phone last pinged from an area far enough away from the house that if he was involved, he would still be hurrying to get everything in place and be back home in plenty of time for the girl to alert him at 6:00am. What if the child had awakened a few minutes earlier and discovered both parents gone?

MOO

If there was communication with the phone at 5:00 AM LE should be able to determine what cell tower the phone was connected to at this time and should be able to establish a general area where the phone (not necessarily Karen) was at this time. Same goes for the text message sent to the friend at 11:30 PM. It would be interesting to know if this communication at 5:00 AM happened in the same general area where the phone was when it shut off. I also want to know what time the phone supposedly shut off, that would fill in a big part of the time line also.

JMO

NG never mentioned that she was at a party that night...or maybe I did not hear that. Seems that would have been part of the timeline....she kept making it appear that all were at home and that KS went to bed with her child which I believe is true....but the party has to be considered as to what time she got home,etc. Hope NG gets all the facts straight.

It is my understanding it was an internet connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattvaspa895