TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The boy might want to do it, as a way of helping his Mom or his family in general. It might make him feel better. Another article said the boy was out searching also - he loves his mother! That's just my opinion. :cow:

He is not a boy, he is a man.

Lol, we have had this debate in the Lauren Spiers case for months...I happen to believe people in their early twenties are adults, but I seem to be in the minority over there...

I don't think the son being the spokesperson is a bad thing...the husband may be, or feel he is, a suspect and I am sure some people feel he is, and would not believe him anyway. JMO

Legally he's a man - good point. In that case perhaps he's grown up enough to decide whether to speak for his family or not.

(To me, he's just a boy who has lost his mother. I have kids nearly the same age, hence my mother-ness is coming out. Can't turn that off, sorry. :) )

I hate to read too much into one photo, but in the family picture, there seemed no interaction between the parents at all. Couples who are close will often pose together with their kids around them.

One reason I can think of that you might divorce while loving each other is that one or the other partner has realized they are gay.

But I agree with other posters that continuing to live together is a recipe for nothing good.

After reading about hundreds of these missing persons cases over the years, it is very rare that police will tell a spouse to go out searching, especially since he was in the area on the night she disappeared.

The reason is obvious - if he had something to do with it, he could hide/destroy evidence or plant evidence to lead searchers astray.

If he is innocent, his own attorney might be telling him to stay out of it so those questions don't come up.

Or it might just be too painful if, after all these days, they are looking for a body. We see that all the time in these searches. It may sound weak to some of us, but it's human nature.

Of course we dont' know the truth yet, so it's better for him to let others look for his wife. :twocents:

________

... I can't recall if he has a lawyer yet, but if he does they may have told him to clam up because everything he says in public can be held against him later. Also something we see each time in these cases.
________

The boy might want to do it, as a way of helping his Mom or his family in general. It might make him feel better. Another article said the boy was out searching also - he loves his mother! That's just my opinion. :cow:

I'd rather have someone honest and loving as family spokesperson than someone who might become a person of interest in the next few days.

OldSteve, I agree with you in many of the things you say about the husband, but at this point I rather firmly believe he is involved in Karen's disappearance and her possible demise. If I believed in his innocence, his lack of searching and refusal to speak to the media would not appear so egregious.

My interpretation of every step or lack of step he takes is influenced by my belief in his guilt. Human nature and all that. :) I hope I'm wrong in this, because what a terrible thing it would be to witness the kind of destruction his guilt would bring upon this entire family ... but time will tell.

May Karen be found today ...

All of this?? MOO. :cool:

BBM
:floorlaugh: Thanks for making me laugh!
True about if two people get alone so well, why divorce.
Always three sides to these stories - what the wife says, what the husband says, and the real truth!

You're welcome! The fact that they still lived in the same house tells me that she had no fear of him, and no indications that he would harm her physically. That should count for something.

I hate to read too much into one photo, but in the family picture, there seemed no interaction between the parents at all. Couples who are close will often pose together with their kids around them.

One reason I can think of that you might divorce while loving each other is that one or the other partner has realized they are gay.

But I agree with other posters that continuing to live together is a recipe for nothing good.

I think there are a lot of couples who don't take their vows seriously and rush into marriage only to find out later that they don't really have much in common. Once the honeymoon wears off and real life takes over, they don't know or care enough to try to make it work. Or they just didn't give themselves time to get to know one another in the first place. Also some mistake lust for love. Oughta be a law somewhere that no marriage license can be issued until the couple has known each other and dated at least 2 years. (I should talk, my hubby and I married within 4 months after we met... but 27 years later, we're still married!)
I'm not sure I agree with you that continuing to live together is always wrong. If they can manage it, it would be a good thing for the kids, and there is always the possibility that they could work things out by being in the same house and having daily contact with each other... you know, they could realize that the divorce idea was a mistake in the first place.

Lol, we have had this debate in the Lauren Spiers case for months...I happen to believe people in their early twenties are adults, but I seem to be in the minority over there...

I don't think the son being the spokesperson is a bad thing...the husband may be, or feel he is, a suspect and I am sure some people feel he is, and would not believe him anyway. JMO

I have a 21 yo DS who I would definitely trust to be the family spokesperson. He is very comfortable getting up in front of an audience & speaking while I can't do that kind of thing at all.

I think there are a lot of couples who don't take their vows seriously and rush into marriage only to find out later that they don't really have much in common. Once the honeymoon wears off and real life takes over, they don't know or care enough to try to make it work. Or they just didn't give themselves time to get to know one another in the first place. Also some mistake lust for love. Oughta be a law somewhere that no marriage license can be issued until the couple has known each other and dated at least 2 years. (I should talk, my hubby and I married within 4 months after we met... but 27 years later, we're still married!)
I'm not sure I agree with you that continuing to live together is always wrong. If they can manage it, it would be a good thing for the kids, and there is always the possibility that they could work things out by being in the same house and having daily contact with each other... you know, they could realize that the divorce idea was a mistake in the first place.

They married each other twice and this is the second time they are divorcing each other.

They married each other twice and this is the second time they are divorcing each other.

And????? To clarify my last paragraph, by "they" I mean people in general, not just this couple. I don't know what their life was like before or after the divorce.
They're still obviously comfortable living in the same house, so it appears she was not fearful of her life.

And????? To clarify my last paragraph, by "they" I mean people in general, not just this couple. I don't know what their life was like before or after the divorce.
They're still obviously comfortable living in the same house, so it appears she was not fearful of her life.

Sadly, I wonder if that was a fatal mistake.

You said no license should be issued until they've known each other and dated for 2 years. Your post made it sound like these 2 didn't know each other and I wanted to clarify that they married not once but twice in case you didn't know. <modsnip>

Sadly, I wonder if that was a fatal mistake.

I really don't know if he was involved.

But I've read too many stories about women being killed by the spouse that they weren't fearful of, with whom they were living while planning to divorce. The woman in NY who was beaten to death by her husband, who then killed the kids and himself, is a recent example, only one.

An apartment in Tennessee is cheap. Move down the road. Don't tempt fate.

I hope, for the sake of the kids, that it was someone else.

Yes, an apartment in Tennessee is cheap, but a big white house and pretty acreage with trees isn't cheap. In Tennessee that is all community property, but each side might want to claim it all.

That seems obvious, and I'm sure it's the same everywhere, but in a few of these latest cases in the state, such as Gail Palmgren, the house/cars/money plus the kids are big red flags. JMOO :twocents:

And even though our divorce rate here is sky high in Tennessee, people are still afraid that someone will judge them, which is why I'm sure the Swifts were keeping this hush-hush before she disappeared. But there's just something wrong with this picture.

Also, lawyers will often recommend that their client does NOT leave the family home, if they want a better chance to end up with it...JMO

Also, lawyers will often recommend that their client does NOT leave the family home, if they want a better chance to end up with it...JMO

A la "War of the Roses".... Wondering what their interaction was like....

You said no license should be issued until they've known each other and dated for 2 years. Your post made it sound like these 2 didn't know each other and I wanted to clarify that they married not once but twice in case you didn't know. <modsnip>

No, I didn't know, but thanks. I was generalizing, not speaking of this couple specifically. My mistake, should have stuck to the topic. We don't know why they were divorcing or why they didn't live separatly, so it's all just speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme