TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm afraid I'm losing sympathy for the husband. Initially, I didn't want to suspect him just because they were divorcing. But knowing that she felt she had to leave town while he was served has changed that, as has seeing how long he has made the 21-year-old boy - and they are boys at that age - handle the shock publicly.

Beyond the initial shock, where the husband might get a pass for being distraught, there's no reason to me that you would let your 21-year-old son, whose shock must surely be greater than yours, and who is far less equipped emotionally just in terms of age, to be your "media spokesperson."

I can't imagine putting my son in that position. I shows, IMO, that this father is very profoundly narcissistic and thinks only of his own needs. He also seems to be concerned that if he speaks to media, he might reveal something he doesn't want to reveal. I also can't recall seeing another innocent spouse who has done so little to handle his own media relations, to plead for return of his wife, the mother of his two small daughters, and then force his son to do that work.

CPS needs to look at this situation.

Pace of investigation seems to be building, would not surprise me if hubby gets arrested soon..

I'm afraid I'm losing sympathy for the husband. Initially, I didn't want to suspect him just because they were divorcing. But knowing that she felt she had to leave town while he was served has changed that, as has seeing how long he has made the 21-year-old boy - and they are boys at that age - handle the shock publicly.

Beyond the initial shock, where the husband might get a pass for being distraught, there's no reason to me that you would let your 21-year-old son, whose shock must surely be greater than yours, and who is far less equipped emotionally just in terms of age, to be your "media spokesperson."

I can't imagine putting my son in that position. I shows, IMO, that this father is very profoundly narcissistic and thinks only of his own needs. He also seems to be concerned that if he speaks to media, he might reveal something he doesn't want to reveal. I also can't recall seeing another innocent spouse who has done so little to handle his own media relations, to plead for return of his wife, the mother of his two small daughters, and then force his son to do that work.

CPS needs to look at this situation.
Agree, although physical age doesn't always equal emotional maturity, i.e. the son may be more emotionally mature than his father. However, with that said, it is his mother who is missing, and therefore it should be the time for the husband to step up and face the media, etc. rather than having the young man who is certainly more attached to Karen than the husband is.

MOO

Pace of investigation seems to be building, would not surprise me if hubby gets arrested soon..

With everyone who is close to Karen denying she would have left the house on her own that early morning, and lack of any evidence an intruder kidnapped her, it does leave the suspect pool very slim. Of course there probably is a lot more information gleaned from her cell phone records than what has been disclosed, however, I seriously doubt she went out to meet someone after getting home only a couple (or three) hours earlier.

MOO

This case reminds me of other cases where the family tries to not blame the spouse, they indicate that they support them for a while, but eventually, they begin to doubt their innocence. I think for now they may be trying hard not to imagine that her husband hurt her, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is lurking in the back of their minds.

Where are you Karen? What happened to you that night?

Maybe at least one of them from the beginning. He/she could have noticed something was just not right at the time.

That is something! Don't recall a recent case in which LE posts on FB.

He is a pretty neat fellow. He shares what he can and I guess we just have to wait for the rest.LOL.
He does takes his job very very serious.IMO.

That really is great! Praying he'll be able to find Karen, and soon.

:praying:

That is what we all hope and pray for. As I said before I do not know them but know people that do. So sad. Bless this family.

Details/info from Karen's missing FB page...

DYER CO. SHERIFF JEFF BOX ALSO REPORTS 11/08/11:

Missing Person: Karen Johnson Swift

Information Request: Last Sunday October 30th was opening weekend for Juvenile Hunting for Deer Season many hunters would have traveled down Millsfield Hwy in early morning hours near the Harness Road Intersection location of a white 2004 Nissan Murano Suv parked with a flat and owned by Karen Johnson Swift, a 44-year-old mother of four, who was reported missing on Sunday reported to have been posssibly wearing jeans and grey jacket and was last reported seen early Sunday morning at their home on Willie Johnson Road. Anyone seeing the vehicle in those earlier morning hours or seeing anyone around the vehicle or with any information that my help to locate her, please contact the Dyer County Sheriff's Office at 731-285-2802

Attachments

• karen swift flyer.jpg
    karen swift flyer.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 7
Prayer Vigil

Public Event · By Karen Swift Missing Mom of 4

When: Wednesday, November 23rd

Time: 6:00pm until 9:00pm.

Where: Days Inn, 2805 Hwy 67 South, Pocahontas​, AR 72455

Description: There will be a prayer vigil for Karen Johnson Swift on Wednesday, November 23 at 6:00 P. M. at Days Inn in Pocahontas, Ar.

More info here

Just heard the brother say her friends were "a little different".. When asking about Karen leaving in the middle of the night..??

Dads going down..
He told her brother he watched her leave back out of the house in those early morning hours(after supposedly being in pjs and going to bed with daughter).. IMO her family knows that dad is involved..jmo

Nancy Grace Transcript for Nov. 21:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1111/21/ng.01.html

Quote from Karen Swift's brother, Jeffrey Johnson:

GRACE: To Jeffrey Johnson, Karen`s brother, you spoke to David Swift, the husband, almost two weeks ago. What did he tell you at that time, the last time you spoke to him?

JOHNSON: He (David Swift, husband) just -- well, he told me that she did leave the house that night. He was at the top of the stairs when she had left. And that - -

GRACE: At 5:00 a.m.? What time did she leave?

JOHNSON: Well, we never was clear on the time. I really still don`t know the time. I know we didn`t get the phone call that she was missing Sunday until like 4:00 in the afternoon.

GRACE: OK. So the phone call was made -- the Google search on her phone was done at 5:00 a.m. She goes and picks her daughter up at 1:45 a.m. So she`s -- from the sleepover. So she`s getting back home, getting in bed around 2:00 a.m.

JOHNSON: The dog where her vehicle was didn`t pick her scent up out of the -- out of the area. I`m thinking that somebody else drove that vehicle there.

GRACE: That is entirely possible. Karen may never have even been in that car when it was dropped on the side of the road.

Have you learned, Jeffery Johnson, whether the car tire had the air let out of it or was it actually punctured?

JOHNSON: That`s what we haven`t gotten no answers on.

About the clothing found near the Obion River:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1111/21/ng.01.html

GRACE: With me is Karen Swift`s brother, Jeffery Johnson, joining us. Her family doing everything they can to find her.

Jeffery Johnson, again, thank you for being with us. I understand -- we`ve been hearing rumblings about this for a few days now -- that women`s clothing was found and is being tested at the TBI, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation crime lab, right now.

What do you know, Jeffrey?

JEFFERY JOHNSON, BROTHER OF KAREN SWIFT, MISSING MOTHER OF 4: Well, my mother had talked to the sheriff a while ago, it was probably about an hour ago, and they found some clothes by the old Obarian River and they are searching that river right now with sonar equipment. And trying to see what --

GRACE: Now you`re saying Obarian River? I thought it was the Obion River.

JOHNSON: That`s it. The Obion River. My bad.

GRACE: OK. So they found clothes near the Obion? Is that women`s clothing?

JOHNSON: That`s the way I understood it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member