TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, although physical age doesn't always equal emotional maturity, i.e. the son may be more emotionally mature than his father. However, with that said, it is his mother who is missing, and therefore it should be the time for the husband to step up and face the media, etc. rather than having the young man who is certainly more attached to Karen than the husband is.

MOO

If they were in the process of getting divorced, why would anyone expect the husband to be the media spokesperson? After all, for all practical purposes they are not effectively married any more and the relationship is over. Allthough still married in name the only connection between each other is that they live in the same house, they are not living as husband and wife.

The son on the other hand would still have a familial relationship, so it is alltogether appropriate that he act as the spokesperson. IMO it would be highly inappropriate for the (soon to be ex) husband to represent her publically.

If they were in the process of getting divorced, why would anyone expect the husband to be the media spokesperson? After all, for all practical purposes they are not effectively married any more and the relationship is over. Allthough still married in name the only connection between each other is that they live in the same house, they are not living as husband and wife.

The son on the other hand would still have a familial relationship, so it is alltogether appropriate that he act as the spokesperson. IMO it would be highly inappropriate for the (soon to be ex) husband to represent her publically.

I agree with you that he shouldn't be a spokesperson but to not say anything at all makes me suspicious. Even if he just sat beside his son for support. They were married twice and had 4 children. If their divorce was as amicable as the son leads us to believe then dad shouldn't have a problem with at the very least supporting the family and standing beside them all the way in their search for Karen. Has he even shown his face? Has he said anything at all? He may have and I missed it. :dunno:

Nancy Grace Transcript for Nov. 21:
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1111/21/ng.01.html

Quote from Karen Swift's brother, Jeffrey Johnson:

GRACE: To Jeffrey Johnson, Karen`s brother, you spoke to David Swift, the husband, almost two weeks ago. What did he tell you at that time, the last time you spoke to him?

JOHNSON: He (David Swift, husband) just -- well, he told me that she did leave the house that night. He was at the top of the stairs when she had left. And that - -

GRACE: At 5:00 a.m.? What time did she leave?

JOHNSON: Well, we never was clear on the time. I really still don`t know the time. I know we didn`t get the phone call that she was missing Sunday until like 4:00 in the afternoon.

GRACE: OK. So the phone call was made -- the Google search on her phone was done at 5:00 a.m. She goes and picks her daughter up at 1:45 a.m. So she`s -- from the sleepover. So she`s getting back home, getting in bed around 2:00 a.m.

JOHNSON: The dog where her vehicle was didn`t pick her scent up out of the -- out of the area. I`m thinking that somebody else drove that vehicle there.

GRACE: That is entirely possible. Karen may never have even been in that car when it was dropped on the side of the road.

Have you learned, Jeffery Johnson, whether the car tire had the air let out of it or was it actually punctured?

JOHNSON: That`s what we haven`t gotten no answers on.

Oh dear. :( I wonder if the dog picked up stbx scent?

I agree with you that he shouldn't be a spokesperson but to not say anything at all makes me suspicious. Even if he just sat beside his son for support. They were married twice and had 4 children. If their divorce was as amicable as the son leads us to believe then dad shouldn't have a problem with at the very least supporting the family and standing beside them all the way in their search for Karen. Has he even shown his face? Has he said anything at all? He may have and I missed it. :dunno:

Well, technically he is still her husband, the divorce was not final, but he may not feel comfortable being the spokesperson because of that pending divorce. And then, it could be pure guilt, who knows? Maybe he does give the son his support, just not on camera.
IDK, but If I went missing, I doubt that my husband would ever face a news camera. If some reporter put a mic in his face and asked him a question, he'd go all tongue-tied, that's just the way he is. And they could not pay him enough money to appear on Nancy Grace.

Any news from the search of the river? Are they still searching? Praying for you Karen!!!!

There is an update today from our sheriff....he explains how and why they are not giving out information,HTH.: See below copied and pasted:

Sheriff Jeff Box The Dyer County Sheriff’s Office is not releasing every item of evidence to the media or the public because we are actively investigating this missing person case as we investigate every missing person case by conducting it as a criminal invest...igation with foul play involved and doing that until the evidence rules out any foul play, or evidence develops a criminal suspect prompting you to continue a foul play investigation. In that event, it is critical to the investigation that the potential suspect has no idea of the evidence we hold against him or her. In any case holding the evidence close to an investigation it prevents potential suspects from being able to build a false alibi or defense. The Sheriff’s Office will maintain control of the investigation along with the assistance of the T.B.I. and continue to use every assisting agency and resource available to answer more questions about her disappearance soon. If in event any evidence we hold could assist in locating her we would immediately release this item to the media or the public, just as we did when we asked for information about anyone seeing her or car by releasing photos of her car parked in the location it was found. We will not release any information about any evidence found just to satisfy the curiosity of the public or the media, and in no way take part of or participate in any press release that would exploit her or her family. We will not make any assumptions, or statements about this case, persons of interest and suspects unless it is backed up by evidence and only then if it will be beneficial to this investigation. We hope to provide more answers soon. We still ask anyone with information about her disappearance to contact us at 731-285-2802
3 hours ago

One of the things I've heard over the years is that the spouse is often advised by the lawyer to not participate in searches because if the spouse is not responsible for the disappearance but happens to be the person to find the missing person, it is used against the spouse.

swiftobionriver.jpg

If anyone comes across floor plans for the house (even a hand sketch is enough to work with) - perhaps related to the addition put on the house in the last couple of years, or plans for a similar house, please send a PM. I'd like to built a 3d model to get a better understanding of what "top of the stairs" means and the general layout of the house. I'm of the opinion that something happened to Karen in the house.

HLN was just covering this story with NG. A river is being dredged.

Exclusive interview with Karen's son, coming up after commercial break...

One of the things I've heard over the years is that the spouse is often advised by the lawyer to not participate in searches because if the spouse is not responsible for the disappearance but happens to be the person to find the missing person, it is used against the spouse.

Not just the spouse, most of the time LE advises all immediate family members not to search. There have been a few cases where the perp actually led them to the body... not just the spouse in all cases. Family members do not need to be the ones to find the remains of their loved one. They can totally obliterate any evidence, for one thing, but most importantly, it would haunt them for the rest of their lives.
Family should be looking in places where a person would be alive, not out in fields and woods.

If anyone comes across floor plans for the house (even a hand sketch is enough to work with) - perhaps related to the addition put on the house in the last couple of years, or plans for a similar house, please send a PM. I'd like to built a 3d model to get a better understanding of what "top of the stairs" means and the general layout of the house. I'm of the opinion that something happened to Karen in the house.

I would guess that "top of the stairs" means the landing to the 2nd floor. Are you thinking that she might have fallen down the stairs, or was maybe pushed? It's a possibility.

Preston says they (the kids) are doing pretty good, doing everything they can to be together right now, doing everything they can to help the girls deal with the situation, have been in therapy...

asked about the google search: we really don't know have any idea - LE pinged her phone at 5 (did he say 5?) in the morning was about 12 miles from the house....

preston has never had it confirmed that it was a google search - but they are talking to the sheriff everyday to see if there's new info...

[ETA: after listening to JVM around 3:32 Preston does say pinged her phone at 5 o'clock in the morning]

Preston really doesn't know what happened to his mom, he doesn't think (the other missing) women are tied to his mom being missing.

Talking to Karen's friend, a girl she has known since school

Claims they never talked about the divorce (??)

Now Jane has that PI Bill - forget his last name - the PI that first brought up the idea of one person responsible for Holly Bobo and all the others that have disappeared within 130 miles of Karen.

Thanks, Tarabull, for writing it all up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member