TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Article say 'teenaged daughter' - neither of those girls look that old in the picture. Surely this daughter was a child because someone apparently picked her up and moved her. Did the other daughter remain at the sleepover? If the daughter was hypnotized, is it possible she could remember more - like why/when she was moved? She may have even had a brief conversation that she was too groggy to recall. I have a friend who was a crime victim (shot in a robbery) and she was hypnotized to see if she could remember more details about the incident (unsuccessfully).

I would be interested to know when Karen lay down with her daughter, was she still wearing her going out clothes or if she had changed to pj's. That would indicate if Karen planned to leave again. Also were the clothes found in the car the same as what she was wearing earlier or just extra clothes for an emergency?

Article say 'teenaged daughter' - neither of those girls look that old in the picture. Surely this daughter was a child because someone apparently picked her up and moved her. Did the other daughter remain at the sleepover? If the daughter was hypnotized, is it possible she could remember more - like why/when she was moved? She may have even had a brief conversation that she was too groggy to recall. I have a friend who was a crime victim (shot in a robbery) and she was hypnotized to see if she could remember more details about the incident (unsuccessfully).

I would be interested to know when Karen lay down with her daughter, was she still wearing her going out clothes or if she had changed to pj's. That would indicate if Karen planned to leave again. Also were the clothes found in the car the same as what she was wearing earlier or just extra clothes for an emergency?
BBM

I saw the teenage daughter comment earlier and I think it's just bad reporting. Every other account I have read says the girls are 7 and 9.

Good point re the clothes that I can relate to, I always have an overnight bag in my car with spare clothes. I'm sure if someone were to break into my car and go through stuff, there'd be clothes scattered about.

I'm personally more and more convinced that something happened to Karen in her own home, and that there was a sloppy job of trying to cover it up.

I think the reason police are desperately trying to reach out to deer hunters, etc. is possibly because perhaps her car was seen facing two different directions by different witnesses. Marty Lamb was a neighbor of the Swifts, drove to work early Sunday morning. If he 'pulled up behind her' and flashed his lights at her car, as described in the media reports, then her car would have been on the west side of the road, facing south (unless he also made a U-turn, but that hasn't been reported). After Marty drove to work, I think Karen's car was moved to the other side of the road, then air was let out of her tire to make it appear as if she had a flat on her way home. Perhaps during the period when Marty drove up behind the car, that's when the perp was planting Karen's clothing (to make it appear as if Karen was sexually assaulted.)

Also, did it say somewhere that the daughter was "moved" to a different room at some point during the night? If so - something fishy was happening in their home.

I'm personally more and more convinced that something happened to Karen in her own home, and that there was a sloppy job of trying to cover it up.

I think the reason police are desperately trying to reach out to deer hunters, etc. is possibly because perhaps her car was seen facing two different directions by different witnesses. Marty Lamb was a neighbor of the Swifts, drove to work early Sunday morning. If he pulled up behind her car and flashed her, as described in the media reports, then her car would have been on the west side of the road, facing south (unless he also made a U-turn, but that hasn't been reported). After Marty drove to work, I think Karen's car was moved to the other side of the road, then air was let out of her tire to make it appear as if she had a flat on her way home. Perhaps during the period when Marty drove up behind the car, that's when the perp was planting Karen's clothing (to make it appear as if Karen was sexually assaulted.)

Also, did it say somewhere that the daughter was "moved" to a different room at some point during the night? If so - something fishy was happening in their home.

BBM This is "stuck" in my head. Media has not mentioned it lately, and I wonder now if this was an error in reporting or something they weren't suppose to leak? If true......very telling, imo. LE must need calls to narrow the timeline down between 1:30 and 5:30am from hunters or anyone traveling the road at that time.

I'm curious for the reason of the flat too. Would LE be able to get any clues from the undercarriage or tires to the area the car had been?

BBM

Didn't one report say she laid down with her daughter? And when her daughter woke around up around 5:30 she was gone?

Yes - so now I'm confused... perhaps the report of her dropping her daughter off and only speaking to husband from the downstairs while he stayed upstairs means she and her daughter remained downstairs... but for how long?

I can't find anything anywhere that says her daughter was moved to a different room or bed, and I definitely don't want to start rumors. If any of you find something on the topic, do post it.

I thought I had read that the mom laid down with her daughter and when her daughter woke up, her mom was gone and she was in a different bed than where she went to sleep. My DD is 6 and we still need to wake her up in the middle of the night to bring her to the bathroom, particularly if she falls asleep in my bed. She has no recollection of doing so in the morning, even though she actually walked with us to the bathroom, does her business and finds her way back to her own room. JMO.

I thought I had read that the mom laid down with her daughter and when her daughter woke up, her mom was gone and she was in a different bed than where she went to sleep. My DD is 6 and we still need to wake her up in the middle of the night to bring her to the bathroom, particularly if she falls asleep in my bed. She has no recollection of doing so in the morning, even though she actually walked with us to the bathroom, does her business and finds her way back to her own room. JMO.

Exactly. My experience with children is they often don't remember what happens when they wake up in the night or we get home from a trip and carry them into the house. They may not even wake up or recall it the next day. I guess it just morphs right into their dreamworld. The child moving to another room may not be very significant at all. Mom may have put her to bed before leaving.

I can't find anything anywhere that says her daughter was moved to a different room or bed, and I definitely don't want to start rumors. If any of you find something on the topic, do post it.

I remembered that also - here you go (bbm):

Sheriff Box says they are told Swift and her daughter went to bed together, but the little girl woke up in another room and no one has seen mom since.

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/15940482/search-continues-for-missing-dyer-county-mom

Didn't one report say she laid down with her daughter? And when her daughter woke around up around 5:30 she was gone?

Yes, that is what has been officially reported. The daughter woke up in the bed with her sister, and Karen was gone.

RE change in direction of vehicle: I imagine LE has determined this by tracing tire tracks that match the tread of Ms. Swift's vehicle. The big question is why would the car suddenly change direction? Did someone intentionally cause damage to her car and she tried to elude him as he pursued her? Or, was the car disabled by the flat tire (unknowingly caused by sabotage), and when she got out to look at the damage, she was ambushed; her assailant then turned the car around to throw LE off the trail?

I wonder if the flat tire was caused by: a bullet or other missive; a foreign object in the road; or air being let out.

It was my understanding from one article that this car had a warning system to alert the driver to low tire pressure. Either she ignored it, or something suddenly punctured the tire.

My main question, however, is what was she doing out on the road at that early hour of the morning, if indeed she is the one who drove her car out of the driveway?

MOO

It seems Hogshooter, the neighbor has been cleared and is no longer a suspect according to the sheriff.

He allegedly poisoned the Swift's dog and and another neighbor's dog (who died) and he isn't a suspect? He must have had a rock solid alibi.

MOO

He allegedly poisoned the Swift's dog and and another neighbor's dog (who died) and he isn't a suspect? He must have had a rock solid alibi.

MOO

Keep in mind who originally directed LE to him, diverting attention...

By the way, on a similar note, this reminds me of the case in England when Joanna Yates' landlord was arrested and charged, erroneously, and then released. The real murderer was tracked down later.

Keep in mind who originally directed LE to him, diverting attention...

By the way, on a similar note, this reminds me of the case in England when Joanna Yates' landlord was arrested and charged, erroneously, and then released. The real murderer was tracked down later.

True. Also, even without eliminating the neighbor as a suspect, it still wouldn't explain why she was on the road that morning. A more logical scenario would be that her car was driven there, given a flat tire, the clothes tossed into the bushes, to stage a possible abduction from that site.

MOO

True. Also, even without eliminating the neighbor as a suspect, it still wouldn't explain why she was on the road that morning. A more logical scenario would be that her car was driven there, given a flat tire, the clothes tossed into the bushes, to stage a possible abduction from that site.

MOO

Panthera.. this is what I am thinking as well... if you notice the pictures of the car it had to have been flat on the passenger side of the car (which was away from the road)...

add the TBI and crime scene techs at her house yesterday and I think something happened to her there or outside..

the phone, per media reports, last pinged by the river... so perhaps it was thrown in there? and the care driven back and positioned in the location it was found and the tire made to look/be flat... the media reports show that if she was coming from her house she would have been pointed in the other direction... however if the perp was coming from dumping something... like into the river, etc.... the car would have been pointed back toward her home if that makes sense.

all speculation and mooo

bumping up pictures of car (and map where car was found.. it was turned around...ie.. not like she was driving away from the home but rather toward it... so who is to say it wasn't diven somewhere than driven back and staged?)

oh my... I think in my sleuthing I just knocked myself off the fence a bit....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro