TN TN - Kathy Jones, 12, Nashville, 29 Nov 1969 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, TrixieBel. That was one of the posts I mentioned. We're not supposed to copy and paste posts from other sites, only news articles. For user comments and social media posts, we can reference and paraphrase, and then include the link so others can find it. Rather than have you delete your entire post, this time I snipped it a bit and added the link ;)

I've opened a thread for Glenda...

TN TN - Glenda Marie Sirmans, 13, Farragut, 29 November 1969 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Marianne Greer, if you see this.. we are talking about Glenda on the Kathy Jones thread on Websleuths. Look under cold cases and look for TN Kathy Jones 1969. Kathy lived in Nasvhille.

Kathy Jones disappeared 11/29/1969 on her way to go roller skating at the All Weather Rollerdrome at 523 Thompson Lane, Nashville, TN.

Like Glenda she was "shy" and "quiet". She had a 20 minute walk, just like Glenda. She was found not wearing her clothing, just like Glenda. Her clothes were wadded up and thrown down beside her, but Glenda's might have been as well before the animals scattered them.

These murders may be related. The cause of death is different, but the victims are very similar type girls.

It would be less then 3 hours (back then) to drive from where Glenda was murdered to where Kathy disappeared.

I just posted this to topix... we'll see if this lady joins us.

Thanks, TrixieBel. That was one of the posts I mentioned. We're not supposed to copy and paste posts from other sites, only news articles. For user comments and social media posts, we can reference and paraphrase, and then include the link so others can find it. Rather than have you delete your entire post, this time I snipped it a bit and added the link ;)

I've opened a thread for Glenda...

TN TN - Glenda Marie Sirmans, 13, Farragut, 29 November 1969 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Even as you were typing, I was c and ping a post from another site.. but it's my post... so is that all right? :blushing:

ETA
Good about the thread for Glenda.

December - Would you add to your list of things to ask the police how they determined time of death? Was it the degree of rigor on the body? Maybe it was the bruising and the amount of time it takes bruises of that severity to appear?

She had very severe bruising. In the Scene article it mentioned that in some areas the bruises were black. I assumed this was related to the rape, but ... I can't say.. it's in the article. I'm sorry. There are other reasons I can think of and they're all horrible. Anyway, yes, bruises had formed and they were very bad.

My father saw her. She was beaten up. She lived for about a day and she was tortured.

Her time of death was estimated to be 12 p.m. Sunday 11/30/69.

Her cause of death was suffocation.

There was half a sock stuffed down her throat.

However, I read up on neck breaking techniques. If her neck was broken (even in a not obvious way), she would have suffocated.

Rigor.. she was stiff.

December - Would you add to your list of things to ask the police how they determined time of death? Was it the degree of rigor on the body? Maybe it was the bruising and the amount of time it takes bruises of that severity to appear?

Just to add another reply.. these things are definitely on my list to ask the police (I'm going to confirm a few things I "know" because I want to get the best info possible). I am bracing myself for the most horrible of answers because I think there is something awful they are not telling.

That makes total sense to me.

It is possible.. but don't forget her hands were bound behind her back.

I think is it possible that they did the other stuff first and she tried to get free and then they bound her hands. So, maybe it could happen that way.

However, the Scene reporter is looking at photos. would she be able to cut herself that much with her own fingernails that it would show up that way in photos?

While I think it is possible.. I wonder if it was some bondage gear like a studded dog collar or she was threatened with a certain type of knife (but not deeply cut).

But, I do not really know.. and I'm honestly asking.. would she be able to quickly cut into her neck with her nails and leave such marks? Her hands were bound for a while.

I also got the impression from reading about the grandfather that Kathy was meeting friends at the skating rink. The grandfather seemed to have dropped Kathy's friends off when he saw Kathy walking and offered her a ride.

If this is the case, I would surmise Kathy did NOT make it to the rink.

If Kathy met up with friends at the rink, she would have been with those friends when it was time to leave. Even if she didn't have a ride, those friends would have offered her a ride. If it was a friend's parent, she would have felt comfortable getting in the car with a friend/parent.

I think Kathy was supposed to meet up with friends at the skating rink and she did not show up.

Although those girls were friends of Kathy's I don't know if she was specifically meeting them at the rink. If she'd gotten there and noticed them there, they probably would've skated together. But, I think the friends she was meeting were different people than those two girls. I don't know if she even knew those two girls were going skating that night. That is sad because if she'd known, they could've all gone together and had a great time.

The weird thing is.. apparently, the police can't figure out which friends Kathy was meeting. Now, Kathy was a good girl and would have given her mother some specific names. I'm sure they were kids Nora knew. So, why couldn't the police just find these kids and ask them if they ever saw Kathy that night? Something is not right there and I do not understand what it may be.

I wish she'd known about the two girls driven by the man mentioned because they were neighbors and friends. I guess she may have thought they weren't home because of the holiday or something like that.

How did Betty Jean Neccessary die? This is missing from the article. I understand why her family is reticient to talk about it, but I am wondering if it is related to Kathy. I can do with just the cause of death if that is all they want to share. R.I.P., Betty Jean. I'm glad your murderer was found.

How do I edit tags? Can I do that? It should be "thompson lane" not thompson ave. With Nashville's adorable habit of having multiple streets with similar names, the "lane" part is important.

Scroll down and read comments too. I think the Cold Case gal is there.

http://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/2006/03/02/betty-jean-necessary-murder-2261970/

She is!

I read the comments. They are very sad.

The nephew trying to shut everyone up and really how some people feel after a murder. This is why I don't really like certain "true crime" things (books, movies) because it is hard to get the correct story and it is SO sad for the family. Also, it is true, you don't want to see someone make money off this HORRIBLE thing that happened to your family that you never get over. But, OTOH, people need to know some details because these murderers usually kill multiple people so some discussion could solve multiple crimes and bring some peace to other families. It is truly a difficult thing and I don't know the right answer.

I do know that I thought someone wrote a book which was going to be a movie about my friend and my blood ran cold. I thought I was going to pass out! But, it wasn't about her.

The garrotte method of murdering someone (which was offically an execution method once upon a time in Latin America) can leave cuts fromw whatever device was use to kill the person. Some garrotte methods are gradual in nature.

How did Betty Jean Neccessary die? This is missing from the article. I understand why her family is reticient to talk about it, but I am wondering if it is related to Kathy. I can do with just the cause of death if that is all they want to share. R.I.P., Betty Jean. I'm glad your murderer was found.

I believe she was shot 4 times in the back. Haven't read all the articles yet. The first article in that link mentions the other girls in TN that had been murdered.

WARNING, This post contains information someone might not want to know. Read at your own risk. Post is not graphic in nature.

The reason I think Kathy might have been menanced with a knife is it would cause her body to produce adrenaline. Some people get small amounts of blood from their terrified victim and drink that blood because it is like taking a drug. Kathy was young and healthy. Her body, chemically, would produce anything it needed. If someone terrifed her that she would die (and it was a legit threat since she did die), her body would produce chemicals that someone might get from small, non-lethal cuts.

I don't know this is what happened, but Kathy was murdered by either a group of people or one extremely horrible sadist. A demon in human form. Something horrifying.

Thus, I am trying to think of different horrifying possibilities. this may seem far fetched, but it does happen sometimes.

thanks for reading this yucky post. MOO and speculation

We are obsessed! Look at the members here at 5 am lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Graham_Skeeter