TN TN - Kathy Jones, 12, Nashville, 29 Nov 1969 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I talked to the police yesterday... I have permission to share this.. brace yourselves.

There was an autopsy.

I am SO glad you are talking to LE, December -- I hope somehow this will get stuff happening on Kathy's case.

"There was an autopsy." :eek:hwow: We are sure?? That is very good to hear.

I am going to email the police a few of our suspects. I will list the ones I send in case anyone has any very good possibilities.

He told me that if some information comes in, then they pull out the cold case and look at it. Obviously, I don't want to send anything that is total b.s., but a few I think are real possibilities.. and some are in prison, so it should be pretty easy for the police to get their information and see if it is anything relevant.

Yesterday, Kathy's file WAS being looked at...so..

But, if anyone has any really good ideas..

The suspect needs to be in Nashville Thanksgiving weekend 1969 (11/29/69... Saturday) and a violent rapist. VERY violent rapist. Especially if he uses bondage. Remember she had wounds from probably a knife (IMO) as well as everything else. So, a rapist who will use a weapon, bind his victim, and violently rape her every which way. Who might like a 12 year old girl or mistake such a girl for a woman. (P.S., she didn't look like a woman, but maybe from the back in the dark?)

Kathy had short blonde hair and blue eyes. I believe her hair was dark blonde, but IDK how it looked at night. But, from my experience (granted I am a woman and maybe more observant of hair), you can tell dark blonde hair is blonde even at night. She had a coat/jacket (probably a short coat), a white blouse and bobbie socks. I don't know for sure if she had a skirt or pants, but I think I have always heard a skirt. Just to put in people's mind how she may have looked. She had roller skates and a purse. I imagine this would be a cute, small purse as she was only 12.

bbm: I am glad you brought this up -- if it was discussed before, I missed it, and for the last couple of days I have been wondering.

I was trying to figure out at what point during the assault the perp would have been likely to seize on the sock for a gag and I realized it might have made a difference, whether she was wearing a skirt or wearing pants. Then I tried to go over which of her clothes was found where -- and I could not recall either pants or a skirt being specifically mentioned, yet we "know" that apparently the only item of clothing that she still actually had on was one sock.

I wonder if the skirt or pants was just not named in the media coverage or whether, POSSIBLY, that clothing item was missing??

I posted a few photos of it.. some of it as H H Gregg warehouse and some of it as Performance Studios (as it is currently).

I hadn't realized it was two stories, but now that I think about it.. I think they mention that in the Performance Studios commercials.

Interesting all of the things the building had it in when it was a roller skating ring!

I have reason to believe the search was pretty thorough. but the problem is they thought she was alive. Still .. they might have searched that building thinking she was hiding in it somewhere since they thought she had run away from home. (This would be the searchers for the civil patrol.)
I've always wondered if the current building at the AWRD location is actually the same one. I've heard some folks around here use the term "tore down" and others just say "closed". Sure wish there was a photo of the actual AWRD building for us to be sure.

December, I hadn't read your following post. It sounds like you're pretty sure it's the same building.

I am SO glad you are talking to LE, December -- I hope somehow this will get stuff happening on Kathy's case.

"There was an autopsy." :eek:hwow: We are sure?? That is very good to hear.

Absolutely certain. The detective I talked to has seen the report with his own eyes. I don't know anything else though.

ETA
Well, I know he read it.

I've always wondered if the current building at the AWRD location is actually the same one. I've heard some folks around here use the term "tore down" and others just say "closed". Sure wish there was a photo of the actual AWRD building for us to be sure.

December, I hadn't read your following post. It sounds like you're pretty sure it's the same building.

It is the Hippodrome that was torn down.

Rollerdrome building is still there. Take the Virtual Tour of Performance Studios (or just go there since you're close), it is freaky. You see the wooden floor and probably the counter and everything.

bbm: I am glad you brought this up -- if it was discussed before, I missed it, and for the last couple of days I have been wondering.

I was trying to figure out at what point during the assault the perp would have been likely to seize on the sock for a gag and I realized it might have made a difference, whether she was wearing a skirt or wearing pants. Then I tried to go over which of her clothes was found where -- and I could not recall either pants or a skirt being specifically mentioned, yet we "know" that apparently the only item of clothing that she still actually had on was one sock.

I wonder if the skirt or pants was just not named in the media coverage or whether, POSSIBLY, that clothing item was missing??

bingo. this item seems to never be mentioned. I really wondered at first if the "plaid cloth" was a ripped up skirt. But, it is said to be from her coat instead. (By the Banner.. they could be wrong? But, that seems pretty detailed, so?)

Of course, it may be that this garment was entirely concealed by the coat and that is the only thing about it.

But, the police don't ever mention it either. NEVER. So, I am seriously wondering.. I know she had some garment besides a coat and blouse so where is it?

Let us consider the lot in happier times.. as in not any time between 11/29/1969 and 12/2/1969.

I wonder.. when it was less weedy in those earlier times..

did kids play there?

a pedo would note that.

I have no idea really. the three sided fence makes me think no, but who can say?

Here is my suspect list:

Mike DeBardeleben

Franklin Floyd

JRJ

Freddie Bowen

This is entirely speculation by me. Nothing else.

I know Micky Miller told the Scene there was no autopsy. However, an autopsy in 1998 and an autopsy in 1969 are two different things. I think this is why he said this because it is not easy to explain. MOOOO

Hi December,

Nerosleuth linked me to this thread. I haven't been able to read all the posts here yet, but I wanted to say I am sooooo sorry about your cousin, really really heartbreaking and terrible. We have got to find who did this!!!!!!!!!!!

A thought: Has Kathy's case been featured on any cold case shows on ID, etc.?

What about Tricia's radio show? Nancy Grace? Does NG feature any cold cases?

I believe the key here could be linking any other similar cases, and of course, resurging this in the media, especially via msm in Nashville and other cities in Tenn. Baby hope is a good example of how a renewed interest by the media can help break a case wide open. I look forward to going back and reading all the posts when I can, hopefully this weekend!!!

Hugs,
Margarita

Hi December,

Nerosleuth linked me to this thread. I haven't been able to read all the posts here yet, but I wanted to say I am sooooo sorry about your cousin, really really heartbreaking and terrible. We have got to find who did this!!!!!!!!!!!

A thought: Has Kathy's case been featured on any cold case shows on ID, etc.?

What about Tricia's radio show? Nancy Grace? Does NG feature any cold cases?

I believe the key here could be linking any other similar cases, and of course, resurging this in the media, especially via msm in Nashville and other cities in Tenn. Baby hope is a good example of how a renewed interest by the media can help break a case wide open. I look forward to going back and reading all the posts when I can, hopefully this weekend!!!

Hugs,
Margarita

Thank you.. that is so nice of you to say.

Micky Miller, head of homicide, HAS worked on Kathy's case. And he has given some interviews. So, IDK.. if someone asked him, he might talk about it. (And he has personally worked the case.. along with a bunch of other people through the years.)

“....we feel certain we know

who killed her.”

—Metro homicide Captain Mickey Miller

I have heard her file is huge.

They have worked this case hard. This means, yeah, they have a suspect. (ETA this is based on common sense and media reports.. )

I don't know who or anything special like that. But, there are plenty of people getting killed in Nashville. They keep going back to her case for a reason. I pray whatever piece of evidence they have been searching for finally comes into their hands.

this is exactly what happened in my friend's case.. they needed one more thing and when they got it things started happening fast and someone is in prison now.

I have heard of cold cases where the police had almost nothing. A photo of the crime/recovery scene (whichever they found). A few statements and that's all.

Kathy's case, despite not getting much attention, isn't like that.

But, she was murdered right in the middle of a neighborhood in a city.. so it is kind of understandable. This was just a scary thing and the police did not wish to find another girl in such a condition, of course.

So, some of it is based on that. Still, I think they have a lot of information to work with.. a lot of things have been collected throughout the years. I really do not know what specifically.. but, they've talked to people and things like that.

I have heard her file is huge.

They have worked this case hard. This means, yeah, they have a suspect. (ETA this is based on common sense and media reports.. )

I don't know who or anything special like that. But, there are plenty of people getting killed in Nashville. They keep going back to her case for a reason. I pray whatever piece of evidence they have been searching for finally comes into their hands.

this is exactly what happened in my friend's case.. they needed one more thing and when they got it things started happening fast and someone is in prison now.

I know I'm just coming in here, and again I still need to get caught up, but since you mentioned this, have you been able to gain direct access to any of the police reports, etc. ? I know that some folks here were able to get a copy of Elisa Lam's autopsy report, as well as the police report in Adrienne Salinas' case via the Freedom of Information Act, IIRC?

I know I'm just coming in here, and again I still need to get caught up, but since you mentioned this, have you been able to gain direct access to any of the police reports, etc. ? I know that some folks here were able to get a copy of Elisa Lam's autopsy report, as well as the police report in Adrienne Salinas' case via the Freedom of Information Act, IIRC?

No. I have seen nothing more than anyone else.

Maybe if I can ever go in and speak with the police I will be able to see it.

Elisa's case was kind of closed by then and Kathy's case (despite being much older) is still open. I think this is the difference.

Personally, I don't want a lot of people seeing it. Maybe that is wrong of me. But, it really was an awful crime. One of the worst I have ever heard about.

ETA
Also, if you read the media reports all of the stuff they said they did.. it'd have to be a huge file. There are photos, polygraphs, statements, etc.

About the search that was conducted hours later after Kathy was reported missing, do you know if the lot where she was found or any other areas had been searched more than once?

Now about the crime scene where Kathy was found. I just can't help but wonder if the crime scene may have been accidentially contaminated by folks that had walked around the crime scene and if newspaper reporters had took photos of the crime scene prior to the arrival of detectives.

About the search that was conducted hours later after Kathy was reported missing, do you know if the lot where she was found or any other areas had been searched more than once?

Now about the crime scene where Kathy was found. I just can't help but wonder if the crime scene may have been accidentially contaminated by folks that had walked around the crime scene and if newspaper reporters had took photos of the crime scene prior to the arrival of detectives.

It had been searched. They really, really tried to find her from what I can gather. A little of this is in media reports. But, I think they were all very sad because she was not alive. That is really hard for people to take. So, it doesn't come through that the search was carefully conducted.

I do not think anyone else found her body (like the media) before the guy who found her and notified police.

I believe that people felt she was alive. I don't know if any media people were even around until after she was found. This wasn't like Marcia Trimble. This was more of a local concern even though there were a number of volunteers looking for her.

So, if they had been correct in their assumptions and she had been alive and just not going home.. it wouldn't be much of a story to cover unless there was another angle to it (who knows what.. but nothing they'd know until she was found).

So, I guess that is the good thing.. besides the people searching and the people who normally would be there going about their day to day activities.. you wouldn't have many others trampling down the evidence.

By the time she was found, the police were doing their thing as well. So, they were around, too. Maybe not detectives though... just someone from the police.

But, the South Precinct station was just right down Nolensville Road a short way.. so anyone from there could quickly be on scene. And the people from downtown could get there in about ten minutes or so.

According to the Banner article, spectators were kept "away from the immediate death scene" while LE "searched the entire area for clues".

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9dpNu3jLO3tel9ab3o4WHlBYzQ&usp=sharing

No. I have seen nothing more than anyone else.

Maybe if I can ever go in and speak with the police I will be able to see it.

Elisa's case was kind of closed by then and Kathy's case (despite being much older) is still open. I think this is the difference.

Personally, I don't want a lot of people seeing it. Maybe that is wrong of me. But, it really was an awful crime. One of the worst I have ever heard about.

ETA
Also, if you read the media reports all of the stuff they said they did.. it'd have to be a huge file. There are photos, polygraphs, statements, etc.

Of course, completely understable. Maybe you can request these records for your own eyes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne