TN TN - Kathy Jones, 12, Nashville, 29 Nov 1969 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bessie, although you may have a point about Adcox. Maybe, being a child rapist and all, he decided to increase his prison status by claiming to be a child murderer (I really don't understand how it works, but possibly this would be a thing). They don't say who this "known felon" was, but I get the idea that guy was to get info from Adcox however he possibly could. So, yeah, Adcox might have piece together a story including info not in media reports that he heard from local pervs.

ETA
Adcox would have known in Dec. 1969 that he was a suspect.

A convict isn't going to brag in prison that they murdered a child, whether they committed the crime or not. They're going to keep their big mouth shut about that subject.

Child murderers are considered to be the lowest of the lowest in prison status, and they would have a very rough time in prison as they're in constant danger of attacks from other inmates when prison guards aren't around.

But would he have returned her body to the area where she was abducted? That would have been very risky.

Remorse. They wanted her to go "home" after the depravity was finished.

I will also say that this miscreant (unless incarcerated) would not have been able to control these urges and would have reoffended. I say look to Adcox's children for answers. That's a good place to start.

December, that was a good find about the garrote, and the military daggers and knives. I hadn't thought about those types of devices. But yes, those types of devices are possible.

I will also say that this miscreant (unless incarcerated) would not have been able to control these urges and would have reoffended. I say look to Adcox's children for answers. That's a good place to start.
I'm not sure I agree with you about remorse in this case. But, I totally agree about re-offending, which is one reason I think the perp was passing through, or a local who moves around. Otherwise, there would have been more local victims. These guys don't stop. Unless it was Barrett, MT's killer. He left behind a string of victims. In fact, he killed a college student who was the Trimbles' neighbor.

A convict isn't going to brag in prison that they murdered a child, whether they committed the crime or not. They're going to keep their big mouth shut about that subject.

Child murderers are considered to be the lowest of the lowest in prison status, and they would have a very rough time in prison as they're in constant danger of attacks from other inmates when prison guards aren't around.

but, the "known felon" was there specifically to get info on Kathy's murder. So, he would've acted all into it.

This also wasn't prison. It was jail. Since the police set this up, they would make it where Adcox might feel chatty.

I'm not sure I agree with you about remorse in this case. But, I totally agree about re-offending, which is one reason I think the perp was passing through, or a local who moves around. Otherwise, there would have been more local victims. These guys don't stop. Unless it was Barrett, MT's killer. He left behind a string of victims. In fact, he killed a college student who was the Trimbles' neighbor.

The person who did this probably had victims long before Kathy.

That Barrett individual managed to snatch Marcia, but I just don't think he had anything to do with Kathy. Although I am glad he is :jail::jail::jail:

December, that was a good find about the garrote, and the military daggers and knives. I hadn't thought about those types of devices. But yes, those types of devices are possible.

Thank you. I knew my viewing of "Deadliest Warrior" would pay off. I have seen some creepy, creepy weapons being demonstrated.

Micky Miller said, "these guys don't have a conscience." He was talking about a specific person. That person is a psychopath/sociopath and Micky Miller knows it.

They returned Kathy's body to her neighborhood to terrorize and traumatize the neighborhood. I am glad they gave her back to us so we could at least bury her.

This person is a demon.

Adcox's children may know something, but maybe not. Adcox knew some creepy things.. I just don't know enough about his personality to know if his kids would know or if he'd try to minimize their exposure (as much as he could considering he was being arrested reguarly and was a child molester).

But, there is someone who knows who is afraid. Micky Miller said so. Adcox was still alive then, but it's not him. I think this is someone Miller felt sympathy for and I don't think he felt sympathy for EWA.

Moo

This is an interesting find. Two girls in Tennessee who were abducted on the same day from the Nashville and Knoxville areas. Both areas are three hour drive apart from each other. And both girls were found similarly murdered.

I’m now wondering if Kathy was taken out of town after she was abducted. It could be possible that she was taken somewhere halfway between the Nashville and Knoxville areas.

Maybe..

Tennesseans see Tennessee in three grand divisions..

East Tennessee/Knoxville (they are crazy)
Middle Tennessee/Nashville (this is what I mostly know about)
West Tennessee/Memphis (so they're in between the TN river and the MS river)

You do not go messing around East Tennessee unless you know what you're doing or you WILL get shot. O.k., that is probably not 100% true, but seriously. I keep to the main roads and main attractions when I go over there.

So, this had to be someone who was comfortable going from Knoxville to Nashville regularly and had contacts both places. (Or had contacts both places with good area knowledge although that'd be hard to set up fast.)

(I'm obviously from TN, so.. haha)

I will say police in Nashville would not really expect a murderer to take a girl all the way back to east TN. Because Whhhhy are you going to east TN?!

But some place in between.. hmmmm.. let me get my little map.

The person who did this probably had victims long before Kathy.

That Barrett individual managed to snatch Marcia, but I just don't think he had anything to do with Kathy. Although I am glad he is :jail::jail::jail:
No, I don't either. I used him as an example.

(I still think the innocent guy might have become a suspect in Kathy's murder during the 1990's.) ;)

No, I don't either. I used him as an example.

(I still think the innocent guy might have become a suspect in Kathy's murder during the 1990's.) ;)

Yeah... maybe he did. they were after him HARD.

I have to leave for a little while... THANK YOU all for your help.

I have some replies to get to, so I will do that asap when I get back.

(hugs)

I appreciate everyone so much!

Kingsport is very close to other nearby states in the Appalachian region.

We may have to look into other abduction and murder cases involving juvenile and adult females during the 60’s & 70’s in Tennessee, North Carolina, Virginia, Kentucky, West Virginia, Ohio, and Indiana.

I also wonder if the Tennessee Bureau of Investigations were aware of this individual and were also involved in the murder investigations of Kathy Jones and Glenda Sirmans.

Kingsport is only an hour and forty five minute drive for me. I live in Pike Co. Ky. I'll search my state.

Kingsport is only an hour and forty five minute drive for me. I live in Pike Co. Ky. I'll search my state.

Good idea. And be sure to check before 1969. I don't think Kathy's murder was done by a first timer.

Kingsport is very close to other nearby states in the Appalachian region.

We may have to look into other abduction and murder cases involving juvenile and adult females during the 60’s & 70’s in Tennessee, North Carolina, Virginia, Kentucky, West Virginia, Ohio, and Indiana.

I also wonder if the Tennessee Bureau of Investigations were aware of this individual and were also involved in the murder investigations of Kathy Jones and Glenda Sirmans.

We might even be able to go back to the 50s. I believe the person who did this had experience.

However, I don't know if they were old... So, it is really hard to say because I am really thinking it's more than one perp and they were different ages.

But, this is speculation on my part.

Going by police I guess it wouldn't go back that far.

But would he have returned her body to the area where she was abducted? That would have been very risky.

It is really hard to say what happened.

If it is one perp, then I believe she probably never left that part of Nashville.

But, if it was several perps or a ring of some sort.. then maybe she was taken somewhere. Bringing her back to her own neighborhood would be a way of keeping police from ever looking at (wherever) or connecting it to similar crimes in the eastern part of the state.

I am not sure what to think, honestly. But, it is something that hasn't been considered.

Here is another case from Tennessee back about a six year old Dennis Martin who disappeared in June 1969 at Great Smokey Mountains National Park.

He has never been found since the day he disappeared. Some folks think this child was abducted and some folks think he had some kind of an accident in the park. The national park is about an hour's drive away from Knoxville.

Dennis Martin also has a thread on Websleuths.

TN TN - Dennis Martin, 6, Great Smoky Mountains Nat. Park, 14 June 1969 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I want to mention that in 1969, the FBI was briefly involved on account that the disappearance occurred at a national park, which was a federal property.

But the FBI quickly determined that they lacked jurisdiction to be involved with the investigation.

Back in 1969, the FBI could only get involved if a person was abducted and taken across state lines.

I don't think the FBI were as involved with child disappearances in 1969 like they are today.

So I kind of doubt that the FBI were involved with the Kathy Jones and the Glenda Sirmans case.

The FBI weren't involved in Kathy's murder investigation.

They were only involved with the one little girl who was kidnapped in Nashville and taken to Atlanta. There must have been some kind of evidence that the person who took her had left Tennessee. (maybe someone saw the kidnapper's car or there was a credible sighting of the girl or something)

I got the ok from Bessie to post the guy December brought up in post 179 and BOESP found as well. This is my third try to get this posted in one piece, so I am going to go the simple route!

I'll just call him JRJ to be safe. And promised I would provide my links :). He would have been 22 at the time of the murder and I am still looking for address links etc...

here is a rundown:

http://www.wkrn.com/story/15290429/police-parolee-kidnapped-raped-date-held-her-for-2-days

Currently serving life I believe in nashville
2011- kidnapped, choked, hit, ( behind a public place), took to his house, raped, held overnight ...she escaped.

http://ccc.nashville.gov/portal/pls...rg_names=a1&p_arg_values=JONES|JAMES|11131947

This is now not letting me see the charges list, but it was earlier.

It is a long list from 88-2011. For nashville.!
Here are some links to articles naming associates:
http://www.goupstate.com/article/19911221/NEWS/112210312
http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...OEEfAAAAIBAJ&sjid=Ac8EAAAAIBAJ&pg=6235,380259

That burglary was planned for years and was over 100,000. Jones was one of 3 participants. 2 others got charged for driving/ planning.

The 1992 charge for this guy is in dillon, sc. I don't have the link for that right now, but maybe BOESP can link it now! I have seen both kidnapping and sexual assault/other as notations.

Working back, I have found a guilty plea in 1982 for criminal first degree sex/lewd act upon a child under 14.

Will get that link ASAP ( if needed that can be snipped till I find my link)

More back. He lived on heather place in the 70s.
http://www.bizapedia.com/tn/ROYAL-STREET-CLOTHING-COMPANY-INC.html
And ancestry.

Heather place is veeerrry close to where Kathy was found.

I have been unable to confirm any other addresses for him at this point.

Happy to be able to get this up here for y'all! Now, to let the night shift take over :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJane 55