TN TN - Kathy Jones, 12, Nashville, 29 Nov 1969 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think there must have been a specific reason they questioned cab drivers. But, I don't know exactly what it is. I could see them checking those guys for info, but this sounds more intense than that. Maybe they did have a tip or something.

Taxi cab drivers had to fill their cab fare log sheet for every cab fare they picked up back then. The cab fare log sheet would list the cab fare amounts and the locations of the cab fare pickup and drop off.

The police were likely checking into where every cab drivers were throughout the city during a certain time frame and if any of the cab drivers had cab fares within a few miles from Krispy Kreme during their shift.

Any updates on the Kathy Jones case since this article was published in 1998?

It appears LE has a suspect, but they are still working to collect more evidence before naming him:

http://www.nashvillescene.com/nashville/a-killing-a-search-a-suspect/Content?oid=1182733

Satch

Your article above regarding a suspect, Edward Warner Adcox, is mentioned in the second article below. He was a bus driver for the skating rink.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm176/pleasestandby2/wandajuneanderson_zpstbkiawwi.jpg

According to the January 26, 1967 Kingsport News, a former mental patient, Edward Joseph McGee, age 19, was a key suspect in Wanda June's murder. He had confessed to the murder of two other girls but denied involvement in this murder.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm176/pleasestandby2/wanda_zps8bcg3h2i.jpg

Edward Warner Adcox, age 39, dreamed he had killed the child (Wanda June) and other women.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm176/pleasestandby2/wanda2_zps2y5skifb.jpg

Hughdon Edward Mathis, age 22, was also a suspect in Wanda June's murder. He admitted to being the "tennis shoe rapist."

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm176/pleasestandby2/wanda3_zpsm1lunqrh.jpg

The above article also mentions tennis shoes in the Seibers and Ray murders.

Remembering Kathy Jones, found forty-six years ago tomorrow.
Nashville Banner, Dec. 2, 1969
01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg

Thank you for posting, Ellroy. I was coming here to post, myself. More than two years ago a group of us participated in a very active discussion of Kathy's murder. We dug up old news articles, dissected each piece of known evidence, and reconstructed the neighborhood with vintage photos and historic maps. Even lurked on FB group pages where people who grew up in the area post their childhood memories. December provided us with all of the inside information she had available, and finally made contact with LE. I recall being so hopeful that Kathy's case would progress to a resolution. Sadly, two years later, it seems to be as cold now as it was then. It's beyond frustrating, and so unfair to that poor girl whose battered little body was left abandoned in that cold field. So close to life, and yet so alone.

Rest in peace, Kathy
:rose: :rose:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9862731

I asked this question long ago. Just checking to see if it was answered. Did they find her street shoes?

Did they find her street shoes??

IDK. They for sure did look for them. But, her clothes are separate from her file, I think. In another storage box, I guess? There are notes about the shoes being sought after at the time as they knew she was not wearing those skates out on those busy roads. Even in 1969, Nolensville Road and Thompson Lane were very busy.

I don't think we know.

I don't think we know.
I know this theory, speculation I have goes against what we know about the case. It has always been a theory of mine she was taking AFTER putting her skates on. The most logical place would have been the skating ring. Thats where her street shoes should have been found if looked for there. If I was going to keep her shoes as a trophy for lack of better word, i would have kept her skates and not left them where she was found. She would not have removed her street shoes, and put her stakes on unless she was preparing to skate. Whether inside the ring, or setting in a car in the lot waiting to enter, she was in the process of skating in a very short time. I dont believe she was killed where she was found by the doughnut shop, but dumped there. And it is not far from the ring where everything occurred. The killer was right there, and I believe the killer met her, joined her maybe even worked there at the ring. But whatever happened, happened after she removed her street shoes and put her skates on...

I know this theory, speculation I have goes against what we know about the case. It has always been a theory of mine she was taking AFTER putting her skates on. The most logical place would have been the skating ring. Thats where her street shoes should have been found if looked for there. If I was going to keep her shoes as a trophy for lack of better word, i would have kept her skates and not left them where she was found. She would not have removed her street shoes, and put her stakes on unless she was preparing to skate. Whether inside the ring, or setting in a car in the lot waiting to enter, she was in the process of skating in a very short time. I dont believe she was killed where she was found by the doughnut shop, but dumped there. And it is not far from the ring where everything occurred. The killer was right there, and I believe the killer met her, joined her maybe even worked there at the ring. But whatever happened, happened after she removed her street shoes and put her skates on...
In post #1 and post #2, I brought over from the first thread a list of facts gathered from various media articles. I believe all items of clothing were accounted for with the exception of Kathy's shoes, even her gloves.

Some details came from police files years later, but quite a few were recorded by a reporter at the scene before KJ's body was removed. You can read the Banner article in Ellroy's post #104 . That's the same one I purchased a couple of years ago, and is the source of many of the facts I listed. There's even a photo here. https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9dpNu3jLO3tel9ab3o4WHlBYzQ&usp=sharing (Other links are in the first two posts.)

I've always felt Kathy was grabbed from a spot close to where she was found, either walking down the sidewalk, or in the parking lot of the KK. But you could be right, Mr TT. I wouldn't rule out the skating rink. The only thing I'd question is whether she would still have had her jacket on after she put on her skates.

Note - these crime scene photographs are not "graphic," but they are heartbreaking.
The Banner, December 3, 1969.
ViewScan_0001 body.jpg
ViewScan_0005 skate.jpg

Photographs of the skates being collected from the crime scene.
The Tennessean, December 3, 1969
ViewScan_0001 skates.jpg
ViewScan_0005 skates.jpg

Thanks for the pictures Elroy .... it appears the skates were still tied together by the laces which means she was not wearing them , and had not made it to the rink . This is pretty much what police said too , nobody remembers seeing her at the rink , so it must have happened at Krispy Kreme or on her way there.

Excellent point, Arnie M, thank you for catching that. I didn't see that. I've taken the three pics of the skates and zoomed in and enlarged them to get a better view.
Skate 01.jpg
Skate 02.jpg
Skates 03b.jpg

Attachments

• Skate 03.jpg
    Skate 03.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 115
Did Kathy's mom, Nora date anyone at the time of Kathy's disappearance? I read that Kathy's dad had recently passed. I didn't see any information on when he passed away. Since she had been to the skating rink on multiple occasions, it's possible someone knew her routine. Did Kathy actually stop to eat at the Krispy Kreme before heading to the rink? I'd think the autopsy would have noted this information. Someone who possibly was a regular at the KK could have been observing her routine and followed her out down the road. Hope LE eventually solves it.

Chuck Norris' Chin .... I dont think Kathy had a routine per say. She had recently received the skates , had helped her mom at home that day , and was rewarded with a dollar for treats and an evening at the rink. It may even have been her first time there with her own skates.

Did Kathy's mom, Nora date anyone at the time of Kathy's disappearance? I read that Kathy's dad had recently passed. I didn't see any information on when he passed away. Since she had been to the skating rink on multiple occasions, it's possible someone knew her routine. Did Kathy actually stop to eat at the Krispy Kreme before heading to the rink? I'd think the autopsy would have noted this information. Someone who possibly was a regular at the KK could have been observing her routine and followed her out down the road. Hope LE eventually solves it.
I don't know if her mother was dating anyone. Her parents were separated at the time, and her father was living in Clarksville.

According to her mother, Kathy had not been to the skating rink in awhile. So it wasn't a routine.

Her mom had given Kathy a dollar before she left home. One question I don't believe ever was answered was whether the dollar was found at the scene. With regard to the autopsy, there were questions about whether a full autopsy was conducted.

Kathy was supposed to call her mother to pick her up from the skating rink. So it seems the plan either was to meet friends at the rink, or possibly at KK before going to the rink. Whether she actually went to the KK was never confirmed, at least not publicly. As far as we know, no one recalled seeing her there, or at the skating rink.

IMO, all of that, plus the fact of the skates being tied together (I recall now that we did talk about that in the first thread) indicate Kathy likely was abducted between her home and the KK.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9dpNu3jLO3tel9ab3o4WHlBYzQ&usp=sharing

TN - Kathy Jones *Media, Maps, Timelines, & Photos **NO DISCUSSION**

I read about her father's death on Kathy Jones #1 thread, post #75 from member "December". Maybe I misunderstood the post. I apologize if that's the case. Here is a section that I copy and pasted.
9-27-2013 12:17 AM
"Kathy's father had recently died. So, this is why he isn't mentioned in the stories about Kathy and it's always just her mother being mentioned. So, Nora is a widow with a little girl and a toddler (Kathy's little brother Kelly). Kathy helped Nora a lot. I think Nora wanted Kathy to have fun as much as possible. So, she let her go skating and gave her some money for Krispy Kreme (this is a donut shop). It was only $1, but that is actually more than enough for a little girl to get some treats at Krispy Kreme in 1969"

I read about her father's death on Kathy Jones #1 thread, post #75 from member "December". Maybe I misunderstood the post. I apologize if that's the case. Here is a section that I copy and pasted.
9-27-2013 12:17 AM
"Kathy's father had recently died. So, this is why he isn't mentioned in the stories about Kathy and it's always just her mother being mentioned. So, Nora is a widow with a little girl and a toddler (Kathy's little brother Kelly). Kathy helped Nora a lot. I think Nora wanted Kathy to have fun as much as possible. So, she let her go skating and gave her some money for Krispy Kreme (this is a donut shop). It was only $1, but that is actually more than enough for a little girl to get some treats at Krispy Kreme in 1969"
No need to apologize. You didn't misunderstand the post. But here's a later post.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9910609

Thanks for the link. Either way, Kathy's mother had either separated or was no longer married at the time of Kathy's death. I guess maybe the father's whereabouts were checked out by LE. I'm curious if he had any friends or work acquaintances that had criminal records, before or after Kathy's death. Maybe a friend or work acquaintance of his had been to the house, while the father was still involved with the family and the friend became "interested" in Kathy. I try to look at every angle that's possible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennifercockle
Back