Deceased/Not Found TN - Kennedy Hoyle, 2 days old, mom found shot dead in vehicle, Memphis, 1 Feb 2022 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well checks aren't done at 2 days old unless there's an issue. Usually hospital stay is 23 hours, then the baby and mom are released. Sometimes there'll be latching issues so the mother might meet with a La Leche instructor, but the next check up is 6 weeks. The only other time a baby would be brought in for anything would be a bilirubin test, but if that were the case, the baby is usually held in the hospital for 3 days. Other wellness checks or education would be done in home. Either Danielle was lured out, or she gave an excuse for taking the baby out. Unless "shot" meant a photo taking situation? ETA-hospitals do newborn pics and perhaps Danielle had missed the photographer.

My son had a well check within a week of being born, granted it was like 4-5 days later and not two, but different doctors do different things, but 6 weeks is a long time to not check the baby after being born. moo.

Could there be Covid policies in place at hospitals regarding newborns? Maybe they prefer to have the newborns at home as soon as possible? Maybe they need the beds?

Yes, this very well may be. I gave birth in June 2020. I went to the hospital at like 1 or 2am on a Sunday morning, son born at 8:14am, and I was discharged Monday, and that was even with him in the NICU for approx. 8-9 hours.

I am in IL and with my last child (almost 18 years ago) they did home visits within 3 days after being discharged to check on mom and baby. No clue if that sort of things is still being done or how TN may differ from my state.

My son had a well check within a week of being born, granted it was like 4-5 days later and not two, but different doctors do different things, but 6 weeks is a long time to not check the baby after being born. moo.
Reading below, it's because your child was a NICU baby. For an uncomplicated vaginal birth, hospital stay is up to 23 hours with a wellness check in 6 weeks, barring latching issues, temp spikes or some other issue that would warrant concern.

I am in IL and with my last child (almost 18 years ago) they did home visits within 3 days after being discharged to check on mom and baby. No clue if that sort of things is still being done or how TN may differ from my state.
I believe they still do wellness checks in home, but with covid things may have changed.

Reading below, it's because your child was a NICU baby. For an uncomplicated vaginal birth, hospital stay is up to 23 hours with a wellness check in 6 weeks.

I have an older son as well, not a NICU baby. Born in San Diego in June 2016. His well check was within a week of birth.

ETA: we were in the hospital for more than 23 hours after birth - actually 2 nights after birth. And there were zero complications.

For those who can see the FB, did she post on line where she was going?
Did she make the birth announcement on line?

Last edited:
I have an older son as well, not a NICU baby. Born in San Diego in June 2016. His well check was within a week of birth.
That's impressive. Barring some issue, like jaundice, concerns about latching/feeding or mom being strep-positive, I've never seen that. It's good to know they do that in other areas since it's very difficult to properly assess and educate the mother in less than 23 hours.
ETA, at any rate, you weren't doing a wellness check 2 days later.

I don't think she was taking the baby for shots.
fox 5 quoted news 3
Family members told WREG in Memphis that the last time they heard from Hoyle was Tuesday night and that she was taking her daughter to go get her shots.
2-day-old baby girl Kennedy Hoyle missing after mother found shot in Memphis

News 3 said this, nothing about shots.
Family members say the last time they heard from Hoyle was when she was taking Kennedy to the hospital on Tuesday evening.
Mother shot to death, AMBER alert issued for missing 2-day-old baby

I think her cell phone will tell why she left and who she was meeting.

Two days old - they must have just been released from hospital? Normal vaginal delivery is typically 2 day stay. Mother can leave but baby stays 2 days in general.

CDC immunization guidelines - not sure what shots would be given at 2 days. There’s ones given post-delivery in hospital and then - later - at pediatrician. Birth-18 Years Immunization Schedule | CDC
they kick you out the next day if there was no complications and baby was healthy. i was there from 6am to 6pm the next day and it was only that long because i tested for group b strep.

Took a while to find the address listed. So it's Sedgwick St off East Levi Road if you google map it. It's a very small piece of road. The nearest hospital is Methodist South Hospital on Wesley Dr (about a 6 mins drive)
. I'm guessing from the way the article is worded that Danielle was near the Club/Lounge on the corner of Sedgwick and Levi.
meeting someone there? hmmm.. that ties in from the very interesting comments to be found.

Last edited:
Is it possible someone was present at the birth who might’ve discouraged the mother from allowing the baby to receive the routine shots/tests, and maybe she was going back to the hospital after having changed her mind?

I believe they still do wellness checks in home, but with covid things may have changed.
I wondered if maybe it was scheduled to take place at hospital due to pandemic precautions etc. She's such a little cutie, I really really hope we can get a found safe resolution for this one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenGirl1971
Back