Identified! TN - Knox Co, 'Shotgun Jane Doe' WhtFem 607UFTN, 21-30, Jun'87 - Tena Marie Gattrell

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
LE will never release the photos because of her injuries.

There is a 911 recording when the home owner called that someone was trying to break into her house. The contents are in the beginning years of this thread. They will never make the 911 tape public. Very few images have been released too.

There is a 911 recording when the home owner called that someone was trying to break into her house. The contents are in the beginning years of this thread. They will never make the 911 tape public. Very few images have been released too.

well remember Rose they had the photos of her laying on the porch but the bad stuff was blurred but you could clearly see her body type, and clothes it was years ago and I never knew why they removed them because you couldn't see anything graphic.

Have we discounted the possibility that she might have come from out of the country?

Personally I see several similarities between Shotgun Jane and Sophie Arnoult from France.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Sophie went missing on September 5, 1986.
Brown Hair, Brown Eyes.
Height 5'4
Age 23

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases-int/1798dffra.html

Attachments

• Shotgun Jane Doe.jpg
    Shotgun Jane Doe.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 206
  • Sophie.jpg
    Sophie.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 330
One thing that bothers me is upon obtaining the autopsy report that there were abrasions on the body. Back of calf, shoulder etc. Hard to see that happening from a single blast to the head. Possible but not likely. I've attached the records here.

C.Brown

Books by C. Brown:
Jack the Ripper (You Don't Know Jack)
Riddled With Bullets (Story of Clarence Bunch Gang)

Attachments

• shotgun.pdf
    260.9 KB · Views: 30
could she have been assaulted that night and running for help?

One thing that bothers me is upon obtaining the autopsy report that there were abrasions on the body. Back of calf, shoulder etc. Hard to see that happening from a single blast to the head. Possible but not likely. I've attached the records here.

C.Brown

Books by C. Brown:

could she have been assaulted that night and running for help?

We have speculated over the years that the guys she was with had assaulted her and forced her to front for them, and this sounds like evidence that could point that way.

I never heard about the abrasions. Sure would make sense why they wouldn't give any info on her if she was somebody they'd assaulted somehow.

C.Brown

Books by C. Brown:

Many years ago I had an ex friend read her autopsy report. She had gone to school for it. I can't find her comments but I remember she said she felt it was a partial autopsy report.

Have a look at these 2 posts, it's my opinion they were in the business drinking; the younger guy started getting fresh with her, she ran to the house to get help which backfired in her face. SJD refused to leave the porch to go back with the guy, the guy who was her ride. She had no clue where she was. She obviously felt threatened by him or she would have gone back. She tested positive for alcohol (blood alcohol level at 1.3) but nothing else. I also don't believe they didn't know a 1st name, did they say "hey you" all night?

Pertinent Info, You all should know...
Yeehaw!!! :woohoo: I finally spoke with Det. Moyers, with Knox County Sheriffs Office, very friendly and accomodating fella! He says the men that Jane was with, one was an older (around 60) man(the vehicle belonged to him) and he had been driven by the younger man (in his late 20's) back to TN. from KY. and the vehicle was not at this home at the time of Janes shooting. The older man had a business not far from the home where Jane was shot. The building they(Jane and men) originally were at, was a place they (the men) would sometimes party at. The men picked Jane up at a Rest Area (just off exit 4)about 4-5 hours the evening before, to give her a ride, however she agreed to "party" with them, so the men took her with them to this building. At the time that they picked her up, the men said she appeared to be high(the Detective will get back to me on toxicology report) and later she started acting even more strange and took off, the younger man, caught up with her and talked her into coming back to the building, it was late, the younger man tells her that she could get arrested or SHOT roaming around this particular neighborhood, as it was off the beaten path and the folks around there all had guns and were VERY protective of their property. Jane remained at the building awhile and then just went berserk, the younger man says, for no "reason" and takes off again on foot, the younger goes after her again, Jane ends up at this house, the younger is arguing with her about coming back to the building, Janes wraps her arms around a post on the porch and tells him, she is not leaving the home, so he turns to head back to the building, Jane is screaming at him, Homeowner gets awakened, Homeowner calls 911 and arms themselves, at the same time yelling through the door that she (homeowner) is armed and calling the Sheriff, younger man yells back, CALL them, I can't do anything with her and continues to walk away, all this can be heard on the 911 tape, Homeowner then says Jane is trying to come through the door, kicking on the door, Homeowner tells Jane, Stop or I'll shoot, Jane doesn't stop and gets shot. The investigators came to the conclusion that Jane was having a "mental" episode before being picked up and during her time with these men.

Jane's clothes were dingy and believed to have been worn for days, the men had given her the Dolphins shirt and the pants she was wearing were well-worn and thin. This younger man had a lengthy criminal record, but nothing violent, mostly petty theft and misdemeanors. The younger man was originally charged with attempted burglary to get him to come back in and give an interview with Detectives, charges were dropped after he cooperated with the investigation. So, no trial for either men. The men do not recall if Jane ever told them her name......

Jane's body details; the Tattoo was homemade, black inked "BJ" (that kind of struck me-Barbara Jean???)and she had given birth at least once, one being a caesarean section, possibly emergency type caesarean, as pelvic bones showed the markings of attempted "normal" birthing. The anthropologist that examined Jane's bones, stated the injuries appeared to be from jumping off of a buildingor high structure, Vertebrae crushed, lower tibias (ankles) being damaged, clavicle (collarbone) fracture and fibula (calf bone) fracture, so Jane may have attempted suicide or had been an athlete (possibly gymnastics) of some sort... The metal plate inserted in fibula did NOT have a serial number on it!
Jane had good teeth and good dental hygiene, no cavities and fairly straight, she did grind her teeth some. Her dentals are available now and DNA is being processed. They have her fingerprints and ran them through AFIS, nothing. However, if Jane had a juvenile record and the Investigators had an idea of where she was from, they could try to match fingerprints that way as juveniles fingerprints are NOT entered into the system, unless tried and convicted as an adult criminal....
Detective Moyers welcomes all viable matches, as they have had few leads on this Jane. I asked Det. Moyers if there had been any festivals or concerts in the area, the week or two before Janes death, NO was the answer to that. Investigators believe Jane was hitch-hiking via truckers/travelers before arriving at the rest area and is not from TN.

Pearly; Barbara Jean looks so close to Jane, I say, SUBMIT her! Strange things happen all the time! If this Jane was on pain meds because of her injuries, that very well could be a reason she was "mental" and it's possible Barbara Jean was injured during an escape, hospitalized, became confused/amnesiatic and wondered around, I have imagined some crazy theories...... Moore Jr, could've told the "story" of Barabara Jeans murder, staged the roped cinder block in the lake, hoping that he would receive the reward money!

Pearly; Billie Jean Hall, Patricia Louise Kelly and June Carpenter Gilkerson have been ruled out, correct?

Toxicology Report on TN Jane
I heard back from Detective Moyers and he stated the toxicology report showed TN Janes blood alcohol level at 1.3, 1.0 will get you a DUI in Tennessee, so Jane had been drinking... But, to me that's not crazee drunk! The ME usually gets a drug screen (called the down & dirty) of all illicit drugs, too, such as cocaine, meth, heroine, etc., the only drug in Janes system was alcohol...
I know some folks who cannot drink one drop of alcohol, without going off the wall and behaving shamefully, but one time for most of them was all that it took to know that and those folks don't touch alcohol anymore. This may have been what happened with Jane! She could have been on painkillers for her previous injuries, ran out of them and couldn't afford a refill, IDK, but drinking may have been a way to numb her pains.
:waitasec: I have my doubts about younger mans total story! Yes she ran from him and the building, twice, but why??? Why would a girl run from her only transportation out of a place she was totally unfamiliar with (Investigators are sure she wasn't from TN) and take a chance on getting completely lost, albeit inebriated, unless she was desperate and scared? I believe she was more scared than she was inebriated.... I'm guessing the younger man gave her a valid reason to RUN and he's not admitting, ever, what that reason was!! If younger was totally innocent, why then, would charges have to be placed on him by the LE, in order to get him to come back to be re-interviewed? The LE didn't have to do that with the older man!!:crazy:
Now, if we find that Janes background holds other instances of going "berserk" or some type of mental instability, then I'll apologize, here, for not believing youngers tale!!
Janes injuries could've been from a sporting accident, for example, if she had been a climber or a gymnast, she could've received her injuries innocently enough! She may have fell or jumped from a tree, when she was younger, even!!
I'll be back.....

We are saying she was picked up at a rest stop. I am including an article from the Knoxville News Sentinel of the killing. These were not truckers and she was with them before the rest stop. At least that is what is in the article.

Attachments

• report.jpg
    report.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 250
We are saying she was picked up at a rest stop. I am including an article from the Knoxville News Sentinel of the killing. These were not truckers and she was with them before the rest stop. At least that is what is in the article.

The story has always been vague and contradictory.

Just waking up.im sure I'll have more to say... Thanks for finding it. What else do you have?

Im not sure why the story changed. I hadn't heard about 3 men, it was always 2. Newer articles say she may have had a hysterectomy which we know isn't true.

It sounds like they don't know the name of one guy and with the part about "he has a knife" makes sense why she kept running.

I actually live here in Knox County and came across this case while researching my next book. This girl stuck in my head for some reason. I am leaning toward another track. I am wondering why this young lady was not reported missing. I believe she wasn't as many of you and I again have been through the databases. I recently applied to Interpol just in case she was from Canada. Working hypothesis....Injuries (previous healed) sustained in car crash. Was she left an orphan of a state? In the early 80's some children's homes still existed. Lets say she timed out of the home (turned 18). I have seen cases where these unfortunates were given money, a change of cloths and let loose to find their own way. Could this be the source of her medical treatment? Was there nobody left to say that she was missing? Just a theory. But I am trying to get a friend at Local LE to submit the BH tattoo to the Fusion Center in Nashville. This will tell us if there is a match of this tattoo to a previous arrest before 1987 in TN and surrounding states. I am at the newspaper archive right now and will write up a reported chronological set of events when I have it compiled. Oh and local authorities at the time tell me they don't think if she was homeless, that she had been homeless long.

I actually live here in Knox County and came across this case while researching my next book. This girl stuck in my head for some reason. I am leaning toward another track. I am wondering why this young lady was not reported missing. I believe she wasn't as many of you and I again have been through the databases. I recently applied to Interpol just in case she was from Canada. Working hypothesis....Injuries (previous healed) sustained in car crash. Was she left an orphan of a state? In the early 80's some children's homes still existed. Lets say she timed out of the home (turned 18). I have seen cases where these unfortunates were given money, a change of cloths and let loose to find their own way. Could this be the source of her medical treatment? Was there nobody left to say that she was missing? Just a theory. But I am trying to get a friend at Local LE to submit the BH tattoo to the Fusion Center in Nashville. This will tell us if there is a match of this tattoo to a previous arrest before 1987 in TN and surrounding states. I am at the newspaper archive right now and will write up a reported chronological set of events when I have it compiled. Oh and local authorities at the time tell me they don't think if she was homeless, that she had been homeless long.

She's not from Canada. Isotopes were done, I'll paste them in below from her FB page. We know she had a c section, her ankle was recently operated on yet her back was not. I feel she had an undiagnosed connective tissue disorder.

KNOX COUNTY JANE DOE CAME FROM ONE OF TEN STATES - PENNSYLVANIA, NEW JERSEY, OHIO, MICHIGAN, INDIANA, ILLINOIS, MINNESOTA, MARYLAND, VIRGINIA & WEST VIRGINIA.

Problem with relying on Isotopes is that they say where she spent most of her time. I can't rely on that to determine where she was reported missing from.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back