Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be very surprised if when these two are *hopefully* found, their appearances look the same and they are found somewhere too obvious.

I think it pretty obvious that this has been planned for a while now. I think TC is an intelligent man who planned this out to a "t". I feel like they probably changed their appearances immediately and high tailed to somewhere no one ever expected. I also think that he is a person who knows a lot about the wild and camping so the need to use as many resources as a normal person may not be the case. But the reality is that ET is 15 years old. She is going to get bored. And I think when she realizes that this is not the answer to the struggles she has in her own life, that is when it will turn dangerous. TC has already lost it all. He has nothing left to lose at this point.

I would not be at all surprised if they have altered their appearances. However, I don't think, despite having guns with him, that TC will do anything to harm himself or ET. He is extremely foolish, but I don't think he is violent. I think they will be spotted by an eagle-eyed sleuther and quietly apprehended by authorities. But it may be weeks or months before that happens.

I'm always astounded in these situations at the selfishness of the perpetrator. They don't care about anyone except themselves and satisfying their selfish desires while everyone around them is put through hell at one point or another, both the victim and the perpetrator's family. And that includes the perpetrator's children who, along with the victim, don't deserve to have this shadow and shame in their lives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm always astounded in these situations at the selfishness of the perpetrator. They don't care about anyone except themselves and satisfying their selfish desires while everyone around them is put through hell at one point or another, both the victim and the perpetrator's family. And that includes the perpetrator's children who, along with the victim, don't deserve to have this shadow and shame in their lives.

He's definitely ruining a lot of lives...his own, obviously, but also his wife and kids, and even his grandkids. Plus even if they can find Elizabeth and bring her home soon, she's still going to have to deal with lasting repercussions from this. It's just a really awful situation all around.

I would not be at all surprised if they have altered their appearances. However, I don't think, despite having guns with him, that TC will do anything to harm himself or ET. He is extremely foolish, but I don't think he is violent. I think they will be spotted by an eagle-eyed sleuther and quietly apprehended by authorities. But it may be weeks or months before that happens.
I think facing the fact that your freedom, reputation and life are quite frankly, ruined, may push many people to violence and/or suicide. He's 50. He, unlike 15 year old ET, understands exactly what the consequences of his actions are, beyond the next few days, months, etc. That's heavy.

Updated alert from TBI ...https://tbinewsroom.com/2017/03/18/amber-alert-update-3-elizabeth-thomas/

[FONT=&amp]"The TBI has received approximately 250 tips from 24 states. (See below for the list of states.) The low number of tips, combined with the limited resources Cummins is believed to have in his possession, leads investigators to believe he may be keeping her out of view of the general public. For example, he potentially may have them sleeping in the vehicle or Cummins may have driven them far away from Tennessee to a rural community. Having now been on the run for more than five days, Cummins may have taken her, frankly, anywhere.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Investigative efforts, over the past few days, continue to reveal a troubling pattern of behavior on the part of Cummins, and indicates he potentially planned this abduction prior to Monday. Nothing investigators have learned about Cummins or his intentions for the young girl since issuing the AMBER Alert calms the imminent concern for Elizabeth’s well-being. In fact, it only heightens it."[/FONT]
Dude is watching NCAA tournament and I've been surfing the net. Noticed that he ordered a survivalist book in Jan and posted it on IG. I'm curious as to why he took that car and not his beloved jeep?

Better gas mileage? No a/c (in the event they are travelling to warmer area like FL)? I have a Jeep and I get a whopping 11 miles to the gallon. And the year of my Jeep does not have A/C. Having the top down while you're trying to conceal yourself may not be a good option.

I think facing the fact that your freedom, reputation and life are quite frankly, ruined, may push many people to violence and/or suicide. He's 50. He, unlike 15 year old ET, understands exactly what the consequences of his actions are, beyond the next few days, months, etc. That's heavy.

Exactly. I worry that he may feel he can never return because of the damage he has done and the thought of going to prison. If he does feel that way, I really hope he drops her off somewhere safe first...:candle: .....she has her entire life ahead of her, this is just a speed bump...

Better gas mileage? No a/c (in the event they are travelling to warmer area like FL)? I have a Jeep and I get a whopping 11 miles to the gallon. And the year of my Jeep does not have A/C. Having the top down while you're trying to conceal yourself may not be a good option.

He may have already ditched the first vehicle anyway, although LE probably would have found it if he did. But maybe he knew the Jeep would make him too visible. I have a Camaro that I adore as well as a Jeep, and if I was going on the run I probably wouldn't risk the Camaro. Who knows, though...he's obviously not in his right mind so he could be thinking anything.

This is such a cute photo of her! Shows her personality and youth.

17352414_773098169509849_8688291496179456260_n.jpg

My first post so I hope it makes sense... of course it is all jmo....If I was TC I would run for the hills.... literally. I know everyone is speculating them to head towards the coast or to try and get out of the country, but the mountains would be a perfect place to hide. From SM it certainly gives the appearance of wanting to be somewhere tropical, but that very well could be to throw everyone off. I lived in the foothills of MO for awhile and it was as close to living off the grid as I would ever wanna be. There are so many small, abandoned places and back roads up in northern AR and southern MO. Also, people are friendly, but mind their own business, so if appearances were changed it very well could go unrecognized. I think as close as this is to where they lived it would definitely be in ET's best interest to at least run a small segment on local news stations up there.

My first post so I hope it makes sense... of course it is all jmo....If I was TC I would run for the hills.... literally. I know everyone is speculating them to head towards the coast or to try and get out of the country, but the mountains would be a perfect place to hide. From SM it certainly gives the appearance of wanting to be somewhere tropical, but that very well could be to throw everyone off. I lived in the foothills of MO for awhile and it was as close to living off the grid as I would ever wanna be. There are so many small, abandoned places and back roads up in northern AR and southern MO. Also, people are friendly, but mind their own business, so if appearances were changed it very well could go unrecognized. I think as close as this is to where they lived it would definitely be in ET's best interest to at least run a small segment on local news stations up there.

Great first post! Adding to your thought I would think they would want to keep up with the news too, so that they had some idea of what's been gleaned. LE announcing so few tips and the states they've gotten from them may give them confidence to be more risky.

I can not believe there have been no leads, was really hoping they would be found by now. They have to run out of money at some point..

Great first post! Adding to your thought I would think they would want to keep up with the news too, so that they had some idea of what's been gleaned. LE announcing so few tips and the states they've gotten from them may give them confidence to be more risky.

Thank you. Up in he foothills of the Ozarks, especially east of Branson there are long stretches of property that have no mail service or trash pick up. In most of these areas there is also no cable, internet, or cell phone service. If you don't have satellite TV or Internet (and even those won't work in some areas), you can't even get a local television channel with a nice outside antenna. That is how the area was where we lived and it was only about 25 minutes outside of Branson and less than an hour to Springfield.

From all I've read about TC, he's intelligent enough to know what he's done lands him smack in the middle of Poop Creek, and LE will not stop looking for him and her. My fear is, if he's smart enough to know this, yet utterly foolish enough to have done it anyway, what else is this creep capable of doing? I don't like to think that way, but it's really hard not to.

I remember a similar case from a few years back. Sorry, I can't remember names, but the case was similar, and the young lady and older man had traveled several hundred miles and ended up on the west coast. They were recognized in a store and apprehended in the parking lot. I believe that this case will end similarly. They cannot stay underground forever. They will need food, gas, and money, and someone will spot them. They may travel quite a distance to avoid being spotted. He may have rented a cabin in another state. I hope LE has searched his computer, if possible, there may be clues in his search history.

I was thinking the same, there are similarities. It took me forever to remember which case that was. It was the case of Brittany Mae Smith, taken by her mother's 32 year old boyfriend, Jeffrey Scott Easley. Her mother Tina Smith was found dead in the home. The social media in this case is hauntingly familiar to that case. Brittany was found safe, so let's hope that we have the same outcome here.

Her siblings must be starting to really miss her. :(

I saw his wife on our local news last night and she looks devastated I can't imagine the pain he has caused both these families. The low amount of tips has me extremely concerned the first thing my husband thought when he heard this was that TC took her to hurt her. I don't think that's the case but I'm worried that he has convinced her to do something Romeo and Juliet style IMO. I really hope not but with the only sighting being Monday at Decatur and its now Saturday I'm praying their just off the grid somewhere instead. Tennessee has some deep backwoods and some roads are barely traveled. The weather has not been great but its warmed up today. I'm keeping a close eye for updates this has been the top story on our news. Praying for her safe return. [emoji72]

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Like you noted, when I told my partner about this case, the first thing he said was "that girl is in a lot of danger." I asked "why, do you think the teacher would hurt her?" He thinks the teacher might do more than hurt ET. And normally I'm the one thinking worst case...

Thank you. Up in he foothills of the Ozarks, especially east of Branson there are long stretches of property that have no mail service or trash pick up. In most of these areas there is also no cable, internet, or cell phone service. If you don't have satellite TV or Internet (and even those won't work in some areas), you can't even get a local television channel with a nice outside antenna. That is how the area was where we lived and it was only about 25 minutes outside of Branson and less than an hour to Springfield.

That lifestyle will get old with a teenager

Praying she is found soon. He has nothing to lose at this point. :( In my opinion, he ditched the car and has another vehicle. Living off the grid till the heat (police etc) dies down (which I hope it doesn't).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x