Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The school didn't take action because his wife works for either the school or school board I can't recall which but she tried to cover it up. There's now a movement by the father of ET to sue the school district as he should.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Yes, I heard that too...and what I read is she was on the school board. The school probably didn't know what to think at first if this couple were really considered to be upstanding community members. Nevertheless, he should've been immediately removed from the classroom and kept out of it until the police notified them of the investigation's conclusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My heart stopped when I saw him in the blue jacket. Way too similar to the suspect in Abby and Libby's murder. Not saying it's him, just the the jacket really caught my eye.
I know every guy in a blue jacket I see I think BG. Justice for Abby and Libby

I don't think Tad's wife knew there was an inappropriate relationship even though she tried to keep it quiet at the school. IMO Tad told her it wasn't true that ET was abused and he was helping her. She's a victim too of him. MOO

I think it's possible he convinced his wife it was just rumor and that he was only trying to help a troubled student. Obviously she seems to know he truth now. Such a sad story for everyone involved.

The fact that he brought a gun puts her in great danger even if he has no intention of using it on her. If the cops do find them, and he starts waving a gun around, she's going to be directly in the line of fire.
He took 2 which makes me think he's convinced her to take a suicide pact IMO I really hope not but then I wonder why 2?

He took 2 which makes me think he's convinced her to take a suicide pact IMO I really hope not but then I wonder why 2?

That's my biggest fear, that he's going to turn this into some kind of Romeo & Juliet thing.

Yes, I heard that too...and what I read is she was on the school board. The school probably didn't know what to think at first if this couple were really considered to be upstanding community members. Nevertheless, he should've been immediately removed from the classroom and kept out of it until the police notified them of the investigation's conclusion.

Absolutely but I think he put it all on ET and probably said she had an inappropriate crush. I want to know when her mom knew of it since ET was in her home and she's now facing abuse charges for the other situation. I wonder if she allowed it?

I do feel like he **could** be justifying what he has done--in running off with her--because he believes she has been neglected and is in need of a better life. Obviously, any romantic relationship would be inappropriate and illegal, and there would be ways of appropriately intervening. But perhaps this is part of why the school didn't immediately terminate him and had suspended him while investigating? Perhaps it wasn't initially clear whether he was falsely accused and advocating for a troubled student or if he was guilty of something more troubling. Now that the Instagram posts have been examined and they have disappeared, it seems clear to me they believe they are in love...and perhaps "rescuing" her is part of what allowed him to excuse his behavior in his mind.

Just speculation. Let's see what comes out.

I really don't think so. I think this is nefarious in every way on his part.

I think that she is probably not in great danger. He probably took guns with him to protect themselves from LE. I think that he thinks that he is her hero and she thinks that he is, as well. It sounds to me like her father was aware that at the very least, she had admiration for her teacher.....and perhaps a full-blown crush. Also, why did Tad's wife refer to her as "Beth"? That sounds like she knew something about his "student". I tend to think that when they are found, Lizzie will defend him. Does anyone know WHO dropped her off at Shoneys on Monday? Was she on Spring Break? Did she have a backpack? JMO

BBM I asked that yesterday, she's the only person that has called her that. Maybe that's what Tad called her? Very curious.

I think that she is probably not in great danger. He probably took guns with him to protect themselves from LE. I think that he thinks that he is her hero and she thinks that he is, as well. It sounds to me like her father was aware that at the very least, she had admiration for her teacher.....and perhaps a full-blown crush. Also, why did Tad's wife refer to her as "Beth"? That sounds like she knew something about his "student". I tend to think that when they are found, Lizzie will defend him. Does anyone know WHO dropped her off at Shoneys on Monday? Was she on Spring Break? Did she have a backpack? JMO
I continue to be baffled by comments saying she isn't in danger. It makes no sense to me.

The fact that he brought a gun puts her in great danger even if he has no intention of using it on her. If the cops do find them, and he starts waving a gun around, she's going to be directly in the line of fire.
I think she's in danger regardless of the gun.

I really don't think so. I think this is nefarious in every way on his part.

I do think it's nefarious. Inappropriate. Illegal. Scary.

I just know when people do such things, they often create elaborate excuses to justify their behavior.

According to comments on SM their phones were found Monday with the batteries removed in Decatur. Take that with a large grain of salt though as the news and TBI have not reported that.

Where did they find the phones at?

I continue to be baffled by comments saying she isn't in danger. It makes no sense to me.

We HAVE to assume she is in danger and treat the situation as such.

Any parent who has kids knows this. If our child disappeared with a man 35 years their senior who was attracted to them and armed with two guns...it's inarguably dangerous on many levels.

4f76e1d91f088f1c1d458cec1a164b18.jpg

Wow he looks different in the recent pics where he's grown his beard

Apparently from Intstagram comments the teacher has military training which indicates that his survival skills would be better than average. His brainwashing that he is ex-CIA and FBI would ensure compliance probably too.

Yes, this! I have close personal experience with a man such as you describe. He has a very Christian public persona, very vocal about it too. He is responsible, charming, personable, successful in his chosen field. He is kind, generous and goes out of his way to help strangers and pray for others. He treats his wife exactly opposite from that. Christian values? Forget about it! He knows he is saved so he feels zero obligation to put those Christian values to use in his marriage. For this he has no remorse.

This is not an accurate reflection of Christians in general. I'm just saying that the fact that people are saying such good things about this guy has no bearing on who he really is and what he is truly capable of, as shown by the fact that he has defiled a child and absconded with her. He is a pervert and a criminal. He has betrayed his wife and family. He used his position as a teacher to corrupt this child. Her life, if he doesn't murder her, will never be the same. My Opinion.

I have first hand, up close and personal experience with this type of person. My ex-husband was the life of the party and a "great guy". Everybody LOVED HIM. When we separated he even went back to our home town and started attending the church I grew up in and my family still attends and not only had friends of mine telling me to give him another chance, but had a minister in my church I had known my whole life calling and telling me not to divorce him.

The truth behind closed doors was he was an alcoholic, drug using, cheating, and abusive jack *advertiser censored*. The abuse had gotten so bad that our one and a half year old daughter was hiding in corners and behind the drapes to avoid him. Just before I decided to leave him he disappeared for two weeks and could not be reached. When he finally showed up he walked in our house so drunk and high on drugs he literally could not form a single word - all that came out was mumbling nonsense. Turned out the whole time he was gone he was drunk and high in another state and shacked up with several women. But while he was still doing stuff like this after we separated, I was being pressured to take him back by my church family (who, btw, were also pressuring my family when they attended church) because he was going to the church and putting on his "great guy" act to con them into thinking he was a victim.

In the end everyone ended up seeing him for who he really is. His lifelong friends turned their backs on him. His own family washed their hands of him. And his three daughters (one of them is mine) want absolutely nothing at all to do with him. I have no sympathy, empathy, or patience for people like this. They all deserve to get back exactly what they dish out.

We HAVE to assume she is in danger and treat the situation as such.

Any parent who has kids knows this. If our child disappeared with a man 35 years their senior who was attracted to them and armed with two guns...it's inarguably dangerous on many levels.

Exactly! Even sans guns, this girl is being emotionally and mentally manipulated and/or abused. I won't speculate on sexual abuse, but... I think we can guess. Another point I'd like to make, is that she isn't a typical 15 year old (although a typical 15 year old would still be in danger, here). This is a 15 year old who is likely extremely traumatized. She has been abused by her own MOTHER. This girl doesn't know the first thing about love! How can she, when the one person on the planet who should truly love, protect, and sacrifice for her well-being, has done the complete opposite.

This also makes it clear to me that this teacher is a true predator, no matter what his friends and family are saying. He chose her because of her vulnerability. This entire situation is WRONG and CRIMINAL.

I had a Sunday school teacher that was caught sending nude photos to an employee of his company. It was a singles Sunday school class, perfect opportunity for him to prey on struggling women. He ended up leaving town in shame - with his wife!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Eric