Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly! Even sans guns, this girl is being emotionally and mentally manipulated and/or abused. I won't speculate on sexual abuse, but... I think we can guess. Another point I'd like to make, is that she isn't a typical 15 year old (although a typical 15 year old would still be in danger, here). This is a 15 year old who is likely extremely traumatized. She has been abused by her own MOTHER. This girl doesn't know the first thing about love! How can she, when the one person on the planet who should truly love, protect, and sacrifice for her well-being, has done the complete opposite.

This also makes it clear to me that this teacher is a true predator, no matter what his friends and family are saying. He chose her because of her vulnerability. This entire situation is WRONG and CRIMINAL.
I agree with all this. And her being traumatized has stunted her emotional growth so we don't really know what level she's on. If the alert had been for an 11yr old people wouldn't be so quick to make excuses and she may very well be 11 emotionally. I've been trying to find the Decatur statement about the phones on SM but the page has blown up with comments, but 1 thing I keep seeing is people who know Tad furious that he's getting the blame and not ET. She's a child she's not at fault. She was following an adult in an authority position. It frustrates me beyond belief as a mother to see people wanting to blame her. [emoji36]

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

This man is a predator and I simply can not fathom any one thinking this girl is not a victim. Not directed at anyone just saying. He knows it is wrong otherwise they wouldn't have run away, tossed their phones, etc.

Young woman is a victim of grooming, so sad. He is the midst of a mental breakdown. What is going to happen when the mania wears off? She has a full life still possible in front of her. He can take responsibility and mitigate his consequences while paying his debt. I hope his supposed faith will enable him to free ET and also free himself from this aberrant path. They can both recover form from this. I hope they do.

I've been reading her instagram posts. I'm worried more than ever that this isn't going to end well, she's in way deep. Poor girl didn't have a bed until a few weeks ago she was sleeping on the couch. I also think once he stopped liking her posts he had created a fake IG profile.

After she was told to stay away from him....and, him away from her.....she kept showing up in his class. Was put on in school suspension for it. I wonder how the school looked at that behaviour on her part?

I've been reading her instagram posts. I'm worried more than ever that this isn't going to end well, she's in way deep. Poor girl didn't have a bed until a few weeks ago she was sleeping on the couch. I also think once he stopped liking her posts he had created a fake IG profile.
She's been let down on so many levels as a Mom I'm beyond mad that the system failed her at every level. The school should have reported to DCS she was being abused at home but they couldn't because the teacher was abusing her too[emoji36]

I think everyone tap danced around this relationship for various reasons. One, it was "out of character" for Tad. Two, ET was fragile, emotionally and mentally and her family life was extremely troubled. Three, Tad's wife works for the school district in some compacity and may have influenced the "keep it quiet" motion. Four, the principal and school administration didn't want the scandal for the school.

She's been let down on so many levels as a Mom I'm beyond mad that the system failed her at every level. The school should have reported to DCS she was being abused at home but they couldn't because the teacher was abusing her too[emoji36]

I agree! In one of IG posts she says if she "beat someone up" like she wanted to do she would be expelled, have her electronics taken away and have to go live with her grandmother, whom she didn't like. She was searching for someone to save her and he honed right in on that. Surely there was another teacher in the school that could have helped her, they had to know what was going on in her personal life, especially after they were caught kissing.

I think everyone tap danced around this relationship for various reasons. One, it was "out of character" for Tad. Two, ET was fragile, emotionally and mentally and her family life was extremely troubled. Three, Tad's wife works for the school district in some compacity and may have influenced the "keep it quiet" motion. Four, the principal and school administration didn't want the scandal for the school.

Far too often people are given the "he would never do that"' free pass. So few people personally come into contact with this sort of behavior that they find excuses for the suspect before they recognize the facts for the victim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ET has been failed at every level by adults that should have been caring for her. The one time she thought she had a good thing going was when she was groomed by a pedophile and IMO that is exactly what he is.

ET has NO fault in this at all. Let's look to the grown ups in ET's life to take the blame because from the school board, teachers, right down to her own parents - they have created an environment of abuse, neglect and indifference. ET got suspended but Tad went unscathed. GIVE ME A BREAK!

Praying that we get ET back and somehow, get her the help that she so sorely needs and deserves to overcome this horrible situation.

MOO

Off topic but as a Canadian I really want some Chick Fil A. After seeing all the pictures. Can someone smuggle me in a sandwich please!!!

I know it was in the news with ET's dad about the special agent scenario but does anyone know where this came from? Sounds so far fetched to me..

I also am curious if her best friend knows anything. It's hard for me to believe that a 15 year old girl wouldn't tell at least one person about her relationship with TC.

I know it was in the news with ET's dad about the special agent scenario but does anyone know where this came from? Sounds so far fetched to me..

I also am curious if her best friend knows anything. It's hard for me to believe that a 15 year old girl wouldn't tell at least one person about her relationship with TC.
http://www.wsmv.com/story/34942954/father-of-missing-teen-hopes-his-daughter-will-be-found

( Sent from WSMV )

I have a link to the article where he talks about it. As far as who her BF is I haven't heard anything about her friends except one dropped her off at Shoney's to eat breakfast and didn't know she had actually planned to meet Tad and them leave town.

Honestly I'm 36 and he grosses me out I don't think even many women his age would find him attractive MOO

I'm 53 and I can tell you as a slightly older woman I wouldn't give him a second thought. Wouldn't give him a first thought come to think of it.

Off topic but as a Canadian I really want some Chick Fil A. After seeing all the pictures. Can someone smuggle me in a sandwich please!!!

Sorry, no can do, they are closed on Sunday. :crazy:

Now back OT

They were not spotted in Decatur, AL. Her phone pinged there only.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/34942954/father-of-missing-teen-hopes-his-daughter-will-be-found

( Sent from WSMV )

I have a link to the article where he talks about it. As far as who her BF is I haven't heard anything about her friends except one dropped her off at Shoney's to eat breakfast and didn't know she had actually planned to meet Tad and them leave town.

There is one girl in particular who she seems close with by looking at her IG.

I'm getting more worried the longer this goes without any leads or news.. does anyone know of any cases where this was the case and they were still found? I remember following a couple but I feel like they at least had SOME idea of where to look in those cases

I have first hand, up close and personal experience with this type of person. My ex-husband was the life of the party and a "great guy". Everybody LOVED HIM. When we separated he even went back to our home town and started attending the church I grew up in and my family still attends and not only had friends of mine telling me to give him another chance, but had a minister in my church I had known my whole life calling and telling me not to divorce him.

The truth behind closed doors was he was an alcoholic, drug using, cheating, and abusive jack *advertiser censored*. The abuse had gotten so bad that our one and a half year old daughter was hiding in corners and behind the drapes to avoid him. Just before I decided to leave him he disappeared for two weeks and could not be reached. When he finally showed up he walked in our house so drunk and high on drugs he literally could not form a single word - all that came out was mumbling nonsense. Turned out the whole time he was gone he was drunk and high in another state and shacked up with several women. But while he was still doing stuff like this after we separated, I was being pressured to take him back by my church family (who, btw, were also pressuring my family when they attended church) because he was going to the church and putting on his "great guy" act to con them into thinking he was a victim.

In the end everyone ended up seeing him for who he really is. His lifelong friends turned their backs on him. His own family washed their hands of him. And his three daughters (one of them is mine) want absolutely nothing at all to do with him. I have no sympathy, empathy, or patience for people like this. They all deserve to get back exactly what they dish out.

Perhaps this kind of "great guy" isn't that rare, I have met a few through friends and work in my life. The funny thing is I have usually felt something "off" way before others. I've been trying to think of what is is about them and the most obvious thing to me has been they seem "superficial" adore praise, being looked up too and others knowing they are intelligent. Trying to scratch the surface to really get to know them is almost impossible, they shut down. My experience for what it's worth...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C-Kane