Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It could well be true that they went through Decatur, but, thinking deviously, couldn't they have had their phones hitch a ride there (on a delivery truck in a box of produce or some such maneuver?) while they went in a completely different direction?

For sure they could've. Or they could've just dropped them on a stop on their way out of town to focus law enforcement attention there while they head to the other side of the country.

Here's the thing though. There are cameras everywhere these days. If they were in Decatur, businesses should be asked to question their employees and check their security tapes etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like everybody who knows TC is portraying him as a saint. Makes me wonder who is really steering this ship.

So many times people like him are the greatest guy you ever met, but behind closed doors you meet the real person behind the mask.

The fact that most people are portraying TC as a saint just proves that you never really know what is going on in someone's head...obviously he tried to cultivate an image of a religious, family-oriented, respected teacher, and people believed in him. His poor family will probably never get over this betrayal. He describes himself as a "Jesus freak" but I'm pretty sure there's quite a bit in the Bible about how adultery is a sin, let alone committing adultery with an underage student.

The fact that most people are portraying TC as a saint just proves that you never really know what is going on in someone's head...obviously he tried to cultivate an image of a religious, family-oriented, respected teacher, and people believed in him. His poor family will probably never get over this betrayal. He describes himself as a "Jesus freak" but I'm pretty sure there's quite a bit in the Bible about how adultery is a sin, let alone committing adultery with an underage student.

Agreed. Some people spend their whole lives leading double lives.

Others have some sort of crisis or break and suddenly do something uncharacteristic of them.

I have no way of knowing which is which here. And regardless, what he's done is illegal. But if he does have good in him, and has gone drastically wrong recently, I just want to appeal to any good in him for her sake.

I am in no way trying to downplay the severity of what he's done, but if it does turn out that he has absolutely no prior history of anything like this, then he may have honestly had some kind of psychotic break from reality and needs to get treatment for it. It certainly doesn't make the crime less heinous, but it could explain why everyone who knows him believes that it's so out of character for him to do this.

I am in no way trying to downplay the severity of what he's done, but if it does turn out that he has absolutely no prior history of anything like this, then he may have honestly had some kind of psychotic break from reality and needs to get treatment for it. It certainly doesn't make the crime less heinous, but it could explain why everyone who knows him believes that it's so out of character for him to do this.

I agree. Whatever the case, vilifying him right now isn't going to help the situation. A 15 year old girl's life may depend on "reaching" this man before he feels painted into a corner and does something that can't be undone. JMO

So many times people like him are the greatest guy you ever met, but behind closed doors you meet the real person behind the mask.

Yes, this! I have close personal experience with a man such as you describe. He has a very Christian public persona, very vocal about it too. He is responsible, charming, personable, successful in his chosen field. He is kind, generous and goes out of his way to help strangers and pray for others. He treats his wife exactly opposite from that. Christian values? Forget about it! He knows he is saved so he feels zero obligation to put those Christian values to use in his marriage. For this he has no remorse.

This is not an accurate reflection of Christians in general. I'm just saying that the fact that people are saying such good things about this guy has no bearing on who he really is and what he is truly capable of, as shown by the fact that he has defiled a child and absconded with her. He is a pervert and a criminal. He has betrayed his wife and family. He used his position as a teacher to corrupt this child. Her life, if he doesn't murder her, will never be the same. My Opinion.

Well we all fall in love, but we disregard the danger
Though we share so many secrets, there are some we never tell
Why were you so surprised that you never saw The Stranger
Did you ever let your lover see The Stranger in yourself?
- Billy Joel

The teen is one of ten children, and her mother is facing five counts of child abuse, WTVF reports.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/tad-cummins-50-accused-of-kidnapping-15-year-old-girl/

Interesting. Can't help but wonder if there might be more to this than meets the eye.
I'm local to this so I've been trying to find out what the abuse charges are for and I've learned somethings from SM but Idk if I'm allowed to say because they are rumors? But if they are true this poor girl has been victimized by so many adults its unbelievable that she was let down this much.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

The teen is one of ten children, and her mother is facing five counts of child abuse, WTVF reports.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/tad-cummins-50-accused-of-kidnapping-15-year-old-girl/

Interesting. Can't help but wonder if there might be more to this than meets the eye.

I do feel like he **could** be justifying what he has done--in running off with her--because he believes she has been neglected and is in need of a better life. Obviously, any romantic relationship would be inappropriate and illegal, and there would be ways of appropriately intervening. But perhaps this is part of why the school didn't immediately terminate him and had suspended him while investigating? Perhaps it wasn't initially clear whether he was falsely accused and advocating for a troubled student or if he was guilty of something more troubling. Now that the Instagram posts have been examined and they have disappeared, it seems clear to me they believe they are in love...and perhaps "rescuing" her is part of what allowed him to excuse his behavior in his mind.

Just speculation. Let's see what comes out.

Okay, so we know they went to Decatur--approx. 80 miles and 1 hour and 15 minutes--from Columbia. If I were him, I would drive cross country--to the west--as quickly as I could.

But...it also occurs to me that Chattanooga and the mountains and the national forest would provide plenty of cover to get lost if you wanted to. We need to know if he vacationed anywhere like that as an adult or child, where he would feel like he understood the area and would know where to get supplies.

The Great Smokey Mountain State Park and Gatlinburg have lots of cabins and camping. And once you cross the TN/NC border they would be in the area of the Cherokee reservation. Though Gatlinburg is probably pretty busy due to Spring Break. I wonder if they didn't stay in Tn already hidden by the time the alert went off and this is why there's been no sightings.

Not sure if we are allowed to discuss the above post in this forum as it hasn't been confirmed by LE or news, but even if considering it as rumor, it's troubling. And if true, underlines this girl's extreme vulnerability.

I live in SW Florida and I work at a hotel off I-75. On the off chance he and Elizabeth have headed south, I have the Missing Poster and updated picture of Tad at our front desk. I have also handed them out to all the other hotels on our exit and have faxed them over to all Hilton properties in SW Florida and have asked the other hotels on our exit to do the same to their sister hotels/motels.

Wonderful! And a great idea!

I do feel like he **could** be justifying what he has done--in running off with her--because he believes she has been neglected and is in need of a better life. Obviously, any romantic relationship would be inappropriate and illegal, and there would be ways of appropriately intervening. But perhaps this is part of why the school didn't immediately terminate him and had suspended him while investigating? Perhaps it wasn't initially clear whether he was falsely accused and advocating for a troubled student or if he was guilty of something more troubling. Now that the Instagram posts have been examined and they have disappeared, it seems clear to me they believe they are in love...and perhaps "rescuing" her is part of what allowed him to excuse his behavior in his mind.

Just speculation. Let's see what comes out.

The school didn't take action because his wife works for either the school or school board I can't recall which but she tried to cover it up. There's now a movement by the father of ET to sue the school district as he should.

I think that she is probably not in great danger. He probably took guns with him to protect themselves from LE. I think that he thinks that he is her hero and she thinks that he is, as well. It sounds to me like her father was aware that at the very least, she had admiration for her teacher.....and perhaps a full-blown crush. Also, why did Tad's wife refer to her as "Beth"? That sounds like she knew something about his "student". I tend to think that when they are found, Lizzie will defend him. Does anyone know WHO dropped her off at Shoneys on Monday? Was she on Spring Break? Did she have a backpack? JMO

I'm more worried that the description of the suspect is way off base! He's huge and looks much older than the pics on AA.
attachment.php
attachment.php

http://wkrn.com/2017/03/17/tbi-to-hold-press-conference-on-amber-alert-in-maury-county/

My heart stopped when I saw him in the blue jacket. Way too similar to the suspect in Abby and Libby's murder. Not saying it's him, just the the jacket really caught my eye.

I think that she is probably not in great danger. He probably took guns with him to protect themselves from LE. I think that he thinks that he is her hero and she thinks that he is, as well. It sounds to me like her father was aware that at the very least, she had admiration for her teacher.....and perhaps a full-blown crush. Also, why did Tad's wife refer to her as "Beth"? That sounds like she knew something about his "student". I tend to think that when they are found, Lizzie will defend him. Does anyone know WHO dropped her off at Shoneys on Monday? Was she on Spring Break? Did she have a backpack? JMO
She was dropped of by a friend who thought she was just going to eat breakfast. Spring break didn't start until Thursday I believe. His wife also worked at the school so I'm assuming she knows ET from there. That's why there was a delay to her dad finding out and Tad being fired.

The fact that he brought a gun puts her in great danger even if he has no intention of using it on her. If the cops do find them, and he starts waving a gun around, she's going to be directly in the line of fire.

I don't think Tad's wife knew there was an inappropriate relationship even though she tried to keep it quiet at the school. IMO Tad told her it wasn't true that ET was abused and he was helping her. She's a victim too of him. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member