Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else surprised they released the PDF of the investigation so soon (or at all considering she is a minor)?

Usually we are begging to get inside info on a case, but with this we get the entire school investigation? It almost feels like it was made public out of spite.

I'm trying to put myself into the mindset of a potentially abused teen girl( because he's 50 and she's 15 so any sexual relationship would be abuse. We know her mom was charged with child neglect so she may have been potentially abused by Mom as well)
And when I try to put myself into her shoes, all I can think is that things may have been really bad at home for her to think that running off with a 50 yr old is a good idea.
I truly hope this girl gets the help she's going to need when she's found.

What do we know about Cummins? Actual facts. I think I read that he was in the military. Anyone know where he was stationed? Anyone know where he received his teaching degree? Does he hunt? Fish ? Hike ? If so, where does he go to do that? Has anyone been able to find anything that might give us a clue where to look for these two?

https://mgtvwkrn.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/thomas-packet-to-media.pdf

See page 43, that's the first page of his resume.

From what I can see he graduated with an AA at Columbia State Community College in respiratory specialty.

No teaching degree, no 4 year college.

And how did he get this job? The wife?

She was given ISS (In-school suspension). He was not reprimanded.

Cummins and Thomas were caught kissing on January 23, School informed on January 24.
Thomas Family and Cummins were informed on January 31, investigation concluded, no findings.
Thomas was removed from the classroom in February and warned not to return. Thomas kept showing up in Cummins' class and was given an in-school suspension.
Cummins remained in the classroom until February 6 when he was suspended for insubordination.
There was a continuing investigation by the Maury County Sheriff's Office.
Thomas and Cummins go missing on March 13
Cummins was fired on March 14 (a day AFTER they went missing) which was a result of the amber alert.

http://www.columbiadailyherald.com/...ol-for-two-weeks-after-allegedly-kissing-teen

Thank you for the link to the In-school suspension. That sounds like a reasonable response to me, especially considering the father's demand through his lawyer that the school take measures to ensure that there was absolutely no contact or communication between the two. In-school suspension, was an effective way to comply with the father's demands. If I was the principal, I would have probably done that sooner.

As for TC not being reprimanded. That is simply not correct. The media packet contained copies of two letters of reprimand signed by TC and the principal.

Is anyone else surprised they released the PDF of the investigation so soon (or at all considering she is a minor)?

Usually we are begging to get inside info on a case, but with this we get the entire school investigation? It almost feels like it was made public out of spite.

Where did you find that? Have a link?

I can't believe this girl is still missing.... I thought she'd be back home by now...

:tantrum:

Call me crazy, but I really don't see anything inappropriate in his instagram posts. What am I missing?
rsbm

Now is not the time to run our mouths about things we know nothing about, and potentially make a bad situation worse. A much better use of our time would be to spread the word, the car make, the license plate number, descriptions, etc. via social media, and keep our commentary/opinions to ourselves until this young girl is home safe.

JMO

Respectfully... Commenting and offering our opinion is acceptable here. Just as you yourself have been doing.
I don't think "we" are just "running our mouths". We are all just discussing...

@ mountain kat, orange beach Alabama. he posted a few pics of it on his twitter feed in 2015...i'm guessing because they immediately went south (Decatur) they'll head somewhere along the gulf coast. JMO.

The report concluded the allegation the two had kissed could not be confirmed but recommended E be taken out of Cummins' class. E should be told to bring anxiety issues to counselors and administration in the future, it said.

Four days later, an official reprimand issued to Cummins indicated that E had been in his classroom for a half-hour earlier that day.

[...]

Whatley said that despite his Feburary 6 letter to Marczak, school officials did not do enough to keep Cummins away from E and, at one point, placed E in in-school suspension when they learned the two remained in contact.

Anthony Thomas was upset to learn Cummins was not only still pursuing a relationship with his daughter, but also still teaching, the attorney said.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/19/us/tennessee-teacher-manhunt/

T kept showing up in Cummins' class, despite the warning, and was given an in-school suspension, Whatley said. http://www.columbiadailyherald.com/...ol-for-two-weeks-after-allegedly-kissing-teen

The way I understand it on the 25th of january they were seen kissing. On the 26th investigation by school launched. Both denied inappropriate contact. School decided not enough evidence to suspend the adult male teacher. Student and teacher told to stay away from one another, ET removed from teacher's class. School receives report that ET was seen again in his classroom with him and ET is placed on in-house suspension. Teacher is "reprimanded".but continues to be employed actively teaching there. Nothing further is done with teacher until she is abducted by him, at which time he is suspended from his job. Once Amber Alert is issued he is fired from said job.

That is not consistent with the letter in the media packet dated February 6, informing TC that he was suspended, effective immediately, on that date. The school acted incredibly fast.

I'm looking again at the inspirational memes/communique in code on TC's IG account. It appears that the majority were posted a week ago (and when I say majority I mean somewhere around EIGHTY posts alone, I lost track of my own count due to the volume). IMO, the plan was taking shape and the excitement on TC's part could barely be contained. :mad:

That is not consistent with the letter in the media packet dated February 6, informing TC that he was suspended, effective immediately, on that date. The school acted incredibly fast.

School and ET family attorney are giving differing facts. I am sure it will all come out in the wash.

I'm looking again at the inspirational memes/communique in code on TC's IG account. It appears that the majority were posted a week ago (and when I say majority I mean somewhere around EIGHTY posts alone, I lost track of my own count due to the volume). IMO, the plan was taking shape and the excitement on TC's part could barely be contained. :mad:

MOO A sign of mania. JMO They need to be located. Hope it's today. JMO They'll eventually be on camera somewhere.

TC's grandson was in the classroom when the reported kissing incident occurred... I can't imagine a teacher being that indiscreet w/ his transgressions... IMOO. I'm curious what the grandson reported when questioned about the incident.

"[FONT=&quot]Cummins was inside his classroom after school Jan. 23 with his grandson and Thomas, the girl told family members, when she walked in and inexplicably saw them kissing. Cummins and Thomas were sitting side by side in chairs and kissed on the lips as the grandchild, who also attends Culleoka, was using one of the classroom's computers."

[/FONT]
http://www.columbiadailyherald.com/news/20170320/witness-at-school-considered-tad-cummins-8216mentor8217-but-reported-seeing-him-kiss-elizabeth-thomas

It was weird before, but with the grandson there...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

The TBI has also announced a $1,000 reward for information leading to Cummins' capture.

http://www.kens5.com/news/crime/statewide-endangered-child-alert-issued-for-missing-teen/423755430

new photos:

C7X4biqU4AAsG8W.jpg

So question... is there somewhere they could go that would shelter them? Someplace with limited media access like a commune or a Mennonite or Quaker community. Not in anyway saying they would intentionally aid someone wanted by LE, but if they were unaware? Or he gave a big story about ET being his daughter or he was "saving" her from an abusive parent? I'm worried because for a 15 yr old, sometimes it's all hearts and flowers and rainbows romantic, but what happens when the reality of being with a 50 year old man sets in? Just MOO!

I feel that Cummings wife should ASAP release a photograph of him clean shaven.

What do we know about Cummins? Actual facts. I think I read that he was in the military. Anyone know where he was stationed? Anyone know where he received his teaching degree? Does he hunt? Fish ? Hike ? If so, where does he go to do that? Has anyone been able to find anything that might give us a clue where to look for these two?

His personnel file is included in this link, no mention of military that saw. https://mgtvwkrn.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/thomas-packet-to-media.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cases