Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me crazy, but I really don't see anything inappropriate in his instagram posts. What am I missing?

Please don't misunderstand me, regardless of whatever relationship exists between these two, Tad Cummins has broken the law and placed a minor in serious danger. There IS no justification for that. Period. I'm simply not convinced that this is a sexual predator situation. My biggest concern is that, whatever is going on here, we seem to have both a child and an adult here who are not thinking rationally. Now is not the time to run our mouths about things we know nothing about, and potentially make a bad situation worse. A much better use of our time would be to spread the word, the car make, the license plate number, descriptions, etc. via social media, and keep our commentary/opinions to ourselves until this young girl is home safe.

" This ain't reality TV. "

JMO

Glady trade chickfila for some timbits and coffee :)

Would love a Chik-Fil-A within driving distance. There are 2 that I know of in New Jersey and are about an hour from me.

Chik-Fil-A and Cracker Barrel - I would like to see more presence here in New Jersey. :p

Thanks for posting those details again, tlcya.

IMO, if she was in his classroom for a half hour, he should have been in deep doo doo! Imagine he was completely innocent and she was obsessed with him. A wise, innocent, man would have told her to leave immediately, and reported the incident. Obviously he didn't do that.

Why this did not occur to me earlier is beyond me. The school is required to notify LE/DCF immediately of suspected or reported abuse. Period.

LE did get involved. I'm afraid that Tad's wife, as a member of the Board of Education, had this pushed under the rug. That's why I have no sympathy for her. I'm surprised they allowed her to speak to him and ask him to give himself up. She knew what was going on all along.

Why this did not occur to me earlier is beyond me. The school is required to notify LE/DCF immediately of suspected or reported abuse. Period.
Yes, it's the law. As mandatory reporters, you actually sign paperwork. At least I had to.

LE did get involved. I'm afraid that Tad's wife, as a member of the Board of Education, had this pushed under the rug. That's why I have no sympathy for her. I'm surprised they allowed her to speak to him and ask him to give himself up. She knew what was going on all along.

I am missing everything lately. I thought the school waited a week to report it. I really need to start writing stuff down (one of these days).

She was given ISS (In-school suspension). He was not reprimanded.

Cummins and Thomas were caught kissing on January 23, School informed on January 24.
Thomas Family and Cummins were informed on January 31, investigation concluded, no findings.
Thomas was removed from the classroom in February and warned not to return. Thomas kept showing up in Cummins' class and was given an in-school suspension.
Cummins remained in the classroom until February 6 when he was suspended for insubordination.
There was a continuing investigation by the Maury County Sheriff's Office.
Thomas and Cummins go missing on March 13
Cummins was fired on March 14 (a day AFTER they went missing) which was a result of the amber alert.

http://www.columbiadailyherald.com/...ol-for-two-weeks-after-allegedly-kissing-teen
So, wondering what the insubordination was that TC was suspended for February 6?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

I wonder if his wife (or anyone else) noticed a change in his posts at one point. Did he always post the way he recently has? (I cannot make myself go read for some reason.)

His posts have remained the same - mostly inspirational/uplifting stuff, some food pics, a few selfies, some humor memes.

I wonder if his wife (or anyone else) noticed a change in his posts at one point. Did he always post the way he recently has? (I cannot make myself go read for some reason.)

The messages via memes are so clearly "code" to someone who isn't his wife that I wonder if she had any idea at all that he even had an IG account (haven't been able to determine yet if any of the likes on previous posts are from his wife). Also, Cummins posted a pic with his wife 89 weeks ago and unless she's someone who requested not to have images of herself posted online by him (doubtful), that's a loooong time that has passed since the desire to share his marriage on IG occurred on TC's part.

So, wondering what the insubordination was that TC was suspended for February 6?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

I would like to know that too.

Why suspended (with pay) for insubordination. Why wasn't he immediately fired on March 13th when it was announced that they fled together? Why did they wait until the 14th when the amber alert was announced? Makes me sick.

Exactly, and if I didn't know it was a man's IG, I would think it was a teenaged girl's. 😕

Thank you! When my fiance was manic, (and having an affair), he once exclaimed emotionally, " You don't even know me, because you never took the time to get to know me!"

We had been together five years. I just stood there staring. Then I said, " you must have got that from her, because you sound SO exactly like a spoiled teenage girl."

Dude was 31 yrs. old. Everything he did back then was sophomoric, BUT he was definitely calculating and very, very smart and cunning, for all of his emotional immaturity, he was brilliant in many areas... Tods Insta gave me the chills...

IMHO (heh!)

This guy is a skanky perv! This is not some star crossed, Romeo & Juliet love story we have here. As I recall, Romeo didn't have a wife and NINE kids, and Grand-kids looking up to pepe!

<snipped for focus>

:(

AFAIK, he does not have nine children. I can't find the link for where I read that he has two adult children and some grandchildren.

Elizabeth has nine siblings, perhaps that's where you got that idea?

His posts have remained the same - mostly inspirational/uplifting stuff, some food pics, a few selfies, some humor memes.

I respectfully disagree.....I think (again, knowing what we know now) they changed drastically.

I am missing everything lately. I thought the school waited a week to report it. I really need to start writing stuff down (one of these days).

Health sciences teacher Tad Cummins, 50, was caught kissing Thomas at school by another student Jan. 23, according to the attorney for the teenager's father. The school was informed of the incident Jan. 24 and allowed Cummins to remain in the classroom until Feb. 6 &#8212; two weeks later &#8212; while Maury County Public Schools and Maury County Sheriff's Department investigated.

http://www.columbiadailyherald.com/...ol-for-two-weeks-after-allegedly-kissing-teen

The investigation began and continued to Jan. 31, when results of the investigation were delivered to the teacher.

Cummins was given due process, Maury Schools spokesperson Kim Doddridge said. He was fired Tuesday after being charged with sexual contact with a minor.

"During the investigation, both the teacher and the student were instructed to have no contact. The student was transferred out of Cummins' class. At that time, there were no findings to substantiate suspension of the teacher. The suspension on Feb. 6 was precipitated by insubordination by Mr. Cummins. There was a continuing investigation by the Maury County Sheriff's Office. Cummins' dismissal on March 14 was a result of the TBI's issuance of the alert."

What do we know about Cummins? Actual facts. I think I read that he was in the military. Anyone know where he was stationed? Anyone know where he received his teaching degree? Does he hunt? Fish ? Hike ? If so, where does he go to do that? Has anyone been able to find anything that might give us a clue where to look for these two?

AFAIK, he does not have nine children. I can't find the link for where I read that he has two adult children and some grandchildren.

Elizabeth has nine siblings, perhaps that's where you got that idea?

Thank you. Too late to edit my own post, but I will see if a Mod can correct it to read just "children" for the sake of accuracy. The point stands the same. Heh.

Yes!! I am so glad someone else said it...I keep thinking that she knew something, and tried to keep it quiet. Until it spiraled out of control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay