Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing that makes me furious is all the school had to do was monitor their IG account and they would see exactly what was going on. Heck it didn't take us but a couple of minutes to understand how troubled she is and how she feels about her "best friend". Seems that would be part of a complete and thorough investigation.

Right? Look how quickly we were able to figure out what was going on.

It was weird before, but with the grandson there...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

RSBM

Exactly.
So many levels of "ickyness" here.
And this perverted man is NOT easy on the eyes. What could she have seen in him ?
:moo:

If they are hiding out " off the grid" I would hope that the wanted-missing poster is being faxed to all park rangers and campgrounds.

I've been a 15 yr old girl before and I wouldn't have lasted very long living in a tent or shack without water and power. But again, this girl may be coming from a bad situation so it's impossible to know what she's able to put up with. I just hope she is found soon. The longer this goes on, the more concerned I am about her

Right? Look how quickly we were able to figure out what was going on.

True, we did have a *heads-up" and a preconceived notion of what to look for on their SM, but I would be very alarmed if any of my kid's teachers were on their SM...Never seen that happen. They can post to the school FB or homepage, but I would feel it a violation of privacy, at the very least, if school personnel we reading/commenting on my child's accounts.

Honestly a lot people missed a big fat red flag right there!

So the witness to their kissing with his grandson? I wonder what he feels like now that obviously the Members of the Board of Education, School Principal, and the Sheriff's Department, and his own grandpa and grandma, dismissed his claims?!!?

It has been mentioned and linked a few times throughout the threads. I don't have time to find it right now. I think a lot of people feel the school should have removed the responsible ADULT from the situation, immediately.

Surely the school (or district) has a policy about how teachers are supposed to behave and what constitutes unacceptable behavior. I hope punishing the student is not the recommended response. It's completely backwards if so. Very Lolita and suggests the student is responsible for the seducing.

School and ET family attorney are giving differing facts. I am sure it will all come out in the wash.

So you believe that letter was falsified by school officials? There was a copy of it in the report.

True, we did have a *heads-up" and a preconceived notion of what to look for on their SM, but I would be very alarmed if any of my kid's teachers were on their SM...Never seen that happen. They can post to the school FB or homepage, but I would feel it a violation of privacy, at the very least, if school personnel we reading/commenting on my child's accounts.

Honestly a lot people missed a big fat red flag right there!

It's not that hard to find his Instagram. All you needed to do was search "Tad Cummins".

:rollseyes:

They refused to investigate. Every last one of them.

I really think all national and state parks from AL to FL and beyond should be put on alert for his vehicle and their descriptions. I don't know if it's been done, the amber alert isn't enough for me. Going off the grid could include a state or national park or beach area. And, how much cash does he have on his person? Both may have altered their appearances by now. This would include hair colour changes, shaving off facial hair etc. Flyers need to go out electronically via email to all national and state parks. ASAP I can't shake the feeling they are at a campground.

I really think all national and state parks from AL to FL and beyond should be put on alert for his vehicle and their descriptions. I don't know if it's been done, the amber alert isn't enough for me. Going off the grid could include a state or national park or beach area. And, how much cash does he have on his person? Both may have altered their appearances by now. This would include hair colour changes, shaving off facial hair etc. Flyers need to go out electronically via email to all national and state parks. ASAP I can't shake the feeling they are at a campground.

Someone over the weekend suggested the foothills of the Appalachians or some other area, were there is no cell service, internet, TV or even electricity, garbage pick-up etc.

There are a lot of areas around Tennessee, Missouri and even parts of Texas that you can live off the grid like that and not have to live in a tent.

It's not that hard to find his Instagram. All you needed to do was search "Tad Cummins".

:rollseyes:

They refused to investigate. Every last one of them.
Exactly! He was an employee of the school district and their IG accounts are wide open for the world to see.

I respectfully disagree.....I think (again, knowing what we know now) they changed drastically.

Well now I have to sort of back track. I just went thru his entire IG from the very first post. In any event, yes there was a bit of a change about 2 weeks ago where it all began to be lovey-dovey more personal/romantic stuff. I just hope his wife hasn't and doesn't see it. Such a betrayal. :(

I just scrolled back through Cummins' twitter & read about oh 50 posts, many of which are short inspirational quotes, and there's one pic' of this WOW key lime pie he made from scratch. I went into Cummins instagram yesterday: My impression is he seems like a nice and intelligent guy who went OFF THE CLIFF CRAZY with this poor victim who surely --- FROM HOW THE LAW ENF' described her on video as 'had a tough life' (and did you'all notice he covers his mouth as he says that !!! ??) --- was especially vulnerable.

MY HUNCH on this case, too, is that this little girl's dad has told the police The Truth, The Whole Truth & Nothin' But!!, which is SPLENDID (and I would do so, too.....), and what dad had to relay to the police tho' included stuff about 'abuse' that's been done to that little girl by other males in the time prior to the sad and tragic hook-up she's having with Cummins right now.

I wonder WHAT THE HECK Cummins and her can be doing now..... MY IMPRESSION of Cummins is that he loved posting online so I wonder what 'withdrawal' has been like for him...... ? Also, how does he buy gas ? Buy food? Where are those 2 sleeping ?

COULD SOMEBODY HERE please give me more detail about Cummins having 2 guns on him ------ did his wife say he took the family guns, is that how they know that piece??

That poor little girl...... she's a pure victim, and IMO Cummins is one twisted nutjob in his head - the aspect/dimension of this that Cummins has 2 guns with him is disturbing tho' down in that part of the USA, surely lots of those folks 'bear arms', right? (tyia !!)

That link just said that the grandson was in the classroom. It was reported to be a female that reported the incident to the school admin. There is no mention of the grandson witnessing or reporting the kiss. But, IMOO it shines more light on why the school didn't take the accusation more seriously. It makes me very curious what the grandson reported seeing.

Surely the school (or district) has a policy about how teachers are supposed to behave and what constitutes unacceptable behavior. I hope punishing the student is not the recommended response. It's completely backwards if so. Very Lolita and suggests the student is responsible for the seducing.
I couldn't agree with you more! The defense of any of his actions disgusts me!

Yikes, I just looked at a picture of Tad without my glasses on and he really reminded me of the bridge guy from the Abigail Williams and Liberty German murders. That was spooky.
I thought for sure they would have been found or would have resurfaced by now. I hope she's as okay as she can be in this situation.

Her returning to the classroom after being told not to should've been a strong indication that this girl needed some type of help.
They should've known that punishing her wasn't going to be a good idea but instead they should've made sure she was receiving counseling services. They really should've made her parent aware ASAP.

Timeline of events in the case

- Monday:

7:30 - 7:45 a.m. - Thomas is dropped off at the Shoney's in Columbia, TN
8:32 a.m. -*Surveillance video*shows Cummins at a nearby Shell station, putting gas in his vehicle
12:41 p.m. - Thomas is entered as missing in NCIC
3:06 p.m. Information places Thomas in the area of Decatur, AL

- Tuesday:

3:49 p.m. - The Maury County Sheriff's Department requests an alert
4:18 p.m. - The TBI issues an Endangered Child Alert
4:49 p.m. - The Maury County Sheriff's Department secures a warrant for Cummins, charging him with sexual contact with a minor
5:53 p.m. - The TBI upgrades its alert to an Amber Alert

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members