Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation remains extremely concerned for the well-being of ET, the victim in an ongoing AMBER Alerts in Tennessee and Alabama. Though the TBI cannot discuss specifics at this time, investigative efforts have revealed a troubling pattern of behavior by Tad Cummins, suggesting the 50-year-old may have been abusing his role as a teacher to groom this vulnerable young girl for some time in an effort to lure and potentially sexually exploit her.

https://tbinewsroom.com/2017/03/16/amber-alert-update-2-elizabeth-thomas/

I am so scared for her. :(

Who filed the missing person report on her ?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I read in a news article her family reported her missing, I've been looking for it but can't find it right now.

I am of the opinion that ET and TC are laying low, off the grid somewhere, most likely at a remote campsite , or less likely but possibly a shady, cash-only motel - much like the case of the poor 13-year-old girl and her baby from IL as mentioned earlier in the thread.

Now that ET is completely under his control, I don't believe TC is going to be very nice to her. I think the beach-, fruity-drinks-, pretty-sunset-type IG posts were all part of the grooming process on his part - just part of his ploy to get her to do whatever he wants her to do. I think now it's more like sleeping under a tarp, drinking beer, going to the bathroom in the woods, etc. at this point.

With most girls ET's age, they wouldn't put up with it -I know my 14-year-old would be going out of her mind ...-, but in ET's case, if she has indeed been subjected to abuse at home as reported, she might be willing to tolerate it (which I'm sure TC picked up on), which may make the task of finding them a little more difficult; I don't think she will try to run away from him at least for a while. We really need people -at gas stations and convenience stores in particular- keeping an eye out for them.

I am of the opinion that ET and TC are laying low, off the grid somewhere, most likely at a remote campsite , or less likely but possibly a shady, cash-only motel - much like the case of the poor 13-year-old girl and her baby from IL as mentioned earlier in the thread.

Now that ET is completely under his control, I don't believe TC is going to be very nice to her. I think the beach-, fruity-drinks-, pretty-sunset-type IG posts were all part of the grooming process on his part - just part of his ploy to get her to do whatever he wants her to do. I think now it's more like sleeping under a tarp, drinking beer, going to the bathroom in the woods, etc. at this point.

With most girls ET's age, they wouldn't put up with it -I know my 14-year-old would be going out of her mind ...-, but in ET's case, if she has indeed been subjected to abuse at home as reported, she might be willing to tolerate it (which I'm sure TC picked up on), which may make the task of finding them a little more difficult; I don't think she will try to run away from him at least for a while. We really need people -at gas stations and convenience stores in particular- keeping an eye out for them.

I said that earlier. He has survival websites marked and he was looking at life straws

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am so scared for her. :(

What concerns me is what will happen if/when they are found. I'm beginning to think it would be better to leave them alone and let them reach out first. At some point, one of them is going to do that. Lot's of pressure on both and they are not emotionally stable.

What concerns me is what will happen if/when they are found. I'm beginning to think it would be better to leave them alone and let them reach out first. At some point, one of them is going to do that. Lot's of pressure on both and they are not emotionally stable.

If they turn themselves in she's a victim and he's a criminal who has destroyed his own life. He has everything to lose. I worry the longer they stay together the more this will sink in and he'll look for a way out that would hurt both of them. And if she starts hinting or suggesting they go back home he might feel betrayed and angry.

She's in danger.

People Magazine just tweeted this: [video=twitter;842800110727843841]https://twitter.com/people/status/842800110727843841[/video]

Hopefully now we will see more of the national coverage that this kidnapping deserves.

I agree with the comment about running out of money. They won't be able to hide forever with limited funds and he's smart enough to know that all credit card transactions would be tracked back to his current location.
Lets just hope it ends before that though. This girl needs to be found ASAP

Is there a basis for the assumption that they have limited money? Just because he got one $4500 loan doesn't mean that's all they have.

I'm trying to put myself in Elizabeth's shoes, and think like a 15-year-old who has run away with her first "love." (Using the term "love" loosely here). I think at first she must have felt liberated and invincible and would have been enjoying her new found freedom and all the future possibilities that await her. By day 5 (today), I would think she may be feeling isolated, desperate, and that this whole thing "isn't what it was cracked up to be." I know at fifteen, I lived for weekends with my friends after a long school week. Not to mention the stressors that must be on these two, such as money, getting food/gas/necessities, and lodging, all while "laying low." This puts her at risk and worries me greatly.

JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that may be true with the "typical" 15 y.o. but her situation is not typical.

With the report of felony abuse, which is a key driver for her actions, she feels like she has nothing but horror to go back to.

She has created this fantasy to escape her reality. He has formed it so that he is the only immediate answer. She now owes him for the rescue. He has given his "life" for her. At least that is the scenario he has created in her mind.

In reality, this is all about him feeling powerful riding off in the sunset with the girl (literally).

If you have ever read a book about basic emotional needs of women and men, you will see what both are trying to accomplish, tragically.

He needs to be the true hero and let her get the help to grow into the women she is meant to be and not what he wants her to be for himself.

Very dangerous situation.

The above is my opinion only.

Is there a basis for the assumption that they have limited money? Just because he got one $4500 loan doesn't mean that's all they have.

I think that is a fair point.

However, there has not been a report that he withdrew any, small or large, amount of money from accounts.

He may have but it has not been reported, that I am aware of.

Update from twitter:
[video=twitter;842799041771651072]https://twitter.com/WSMVCarley/status/842799041771651072[/video]

I think that is a fair point.

However, there has not been a report that he withdrew any, small or large, amount of money from accounts.

He may have but it has not been reported, that I am aware of.

He may have possessions with him that are worth good money starting off with his guns...

I live about 20 minutes away from Columbia and the local news are being very vague on if she went willingly and why and her parents are not being Mentioned. I find that strange.

He may have possessions with him that are worth good money starting off with his guns...

Handguns run $300-$500 new each.

Nothing else has been mentioned that I am aware of.

THe above is my opinion only.

That really depends on the firearm. My EDC ran me over a K 😮

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

they are worth way more when sold on the street without a criminal background check....btw being a gun owner I can tell you that is the very low end of the pistol spectrum as far as price goes...

That really depends on the firearm. My EDC ran me over a K 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

That is true, there are less expensive and more expensive guns, however, the $300 - $400 range covers most of them.

Even if he has your EDC, that extra "K" is not going to get him much further.

We can guess that he has diamonds and drugs, but nothing has suggested he took anything of significant monetary value other than, the car, the cash, and 2 handguns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member