Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people are commenting on TC's appearence as if this is what drew ET to him. She has family issues making her very susceptible to an adult caring for her, protecting her its something she had not felt before. As you can see on her instagram she has a few posts that claim protection is the most attractive quality. She was desperate to feel wanted, loved and worth it to someone, making TC very attractive. Certain qualities can make anyone attractive depending on a persons perspective.

I don't think he has adult accomplices--at least not who know the girl was kidnapped. I think this is one of the more calculated disappearances we are going to hear about. He is educated, has obvious organizational skills (given the extra curricular things he sponsored at school), and he had plenty of time. He would be well aware that a country wide search would be launched and would know their only chance of avoiding detection would be painstaking planning.

Here is my guess:

I bet he has more than $4,500. If he bothered to take a loan out on the car, I think he looked around at everything he has and tried to accumulate as much cash as he could.

My gut is he made some housing arrangements ahead of time, maybe using a fake name, to reserve a cabin, trailer, RV, or some other remote house where they could stay and lay low. He may also be staying in an extended stay motel.

Then I think he had a plan for getting a jump on law enforcement, driving a fast and direct route out of the region before friends and family realized she'd left with him and before the search became public.

He may have already abandoned his car in some remote area and purchased another one from some person who had it listed on Craigslist or had it posted for sale at the edge of their yard.

I think they have changed their appearances, are using fake names, and have a cover story prepared if asked (probably that they are father and daughter).

My guess is he is holed away on a campground or in a remote town, that he has stocked up on groceries so he doesn't have to be out in the public eye often, and he has access to the internet and a TV. He has enough money to keep a decent lifestyle for a while.

At some point, he will have to emerge and find a way to generate income if he intends to be on the run long term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet he has more than $4,500. Agreed.

Yep. May have wiped out the marital bank accounts. However, he kind of strikes me as a "marshmallow" who would maybe NOT wipe out the accounts in deference to his spouse, thinking maybe she would look more kindly upon him if he wasn't so greedy. (Bad enough he discarded her, like an old shoe, in favor of greener pastures.)

This kind of strikes me as a "midlife crisis" that has unleashed the "inner pervert" of this guy. Men often get weird when the get older (present company excluded, of course!), and those so inclined are no longer able to corral their natural (to them) urges. Boredom sets it on the homefront -- on the part of both spouses. Not much physical gratification going on there any longer. Kids have grown up and moved on.

I think rather than ditch his "new to him" vehicle (which tells me he purchased it recently -- used), he would opt to switch license plates in the dark of night, for some plates that are indigenous to the state he is traveling through. Then, continue to do this numerous times, as he forges on, enroute to wherever his "destination" may be (if he has one in mind).

The child, in the throes of hormonal overload, thinks she's "in love;" she'll be happy in a hovel with him (IMO), until the children start coming along and she misses her youth.

But before that happens, he may be arrested. In which case she'll be forced to return to what she was trying to escape.

https://twitter.com/tadcummins

At this twitter account I saw where last summer TC went to PCB, Florida 2016. Could he be taking her there? I saw they had issued an Amber Alert for Alabama. So if he is headed in that direction.l...

I have first hand, up close and personal experience with this type of person. My ex-husband was the life of the party and a "great guy". Everybody LOVED HIM. When we separated he even went back to our home town and started attending the church I grew up in and my family still attends and not only had friends of mine telling me to give him another chance, but had a minister in my church I had known my whole life calling and telling me not to divorce him.

The truth behind closed doors was he was an alcoholic, drug using, cheating, and abusive jack *advertiser censored*. The abuse had gotten so bad that our one and a half year old daughter was hiding in corners and behind the drapes to avoid him. Just before I decided to leave him he disappeared for two weeks and could not be reached. When he finally showed up he walked in our house so drunk and high on drugs he literally could not form a single word - all that came out was mumbling nonsense. Turned out the whole time he was gone he was drunk and high in another state and shacked up with several women. But while he was still doing stuff like this after we separated, I was being pressured to take him back by my church family (who, btw, were also pressuring my family when they attended church) because he was going to the church and putting on his "great guy" act to con them into thinking he was a victim.

In the end everyone ended up seeing him for who he really is. His lifelong friends turned their backs on him. His own family washed their hands of him. And his three daughters (one of them is mine) want absolutely nothing at all to do with him. I have no sympathy, empathy, or patience for people like this. They all deserve to get back exactly what they dish out.

AMEN to that!

A lot of people are commenting on TC's appearence as if this is what drew ET to him. She has family issues making her very susceptible to an adult caring for her, protecting her its something she had not felt before. As you can see on her instagram she has a few posts that claim protection is the most attractive quality. She was desperate to feel wanted, loved and worth it to someone, making TC very attractive. Certain qualities can make anyone attractive depending on a persons perspective.
Yes. This could have easily been so many I have known, or even me. The desire/need for 'protection' and 'love' is so real. When there is such a deep void, it doesn't take much to fill that hole, temporary as it may seem. I'd imagine she truly thinks she loves this man. I'm sure she fantasizes about her future with him, even now. She is counting on him to fill this void within herself and he is counting on her to keep him on a pedestal. It's heartbreaking. ..scary, dangerous. A perfect storm brewing that will end in even more catastrophe. My heart breaks for her.

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

Off topic but as a Canadian I really want some Chick Fil A. After seeing all the pictures. Can someone smuggle me in a sandwich please!!!

What!? Are you incarcerated?!! Or, do you just not have Chick Fil A in Canada?! I could FEDEX your order, with a couple of steel files . . .

Canada is sans Chick. I fell in love years ago. Sad panda. :(

I can't believe they haven't been found! I thought for sure they would be found by now :(

I know it was in the news with ET's dad about the special agent scenario but does anyone know where this came from? Sounds so far fetched to me..

I also am curious if her best friend knows anything. It's hard for me to believe that a 15 year old girl wouldn't tell at least one person about her relationship with TC.

I believe at least one friend knew, of not more. Same possibility with younger siblings. I think though whomever knew is probably too young to understand that this wasn't in ET's best interest and was likely supportive of the "relationship." (Though now they most assuredly understand how twisted it is and may feel lots of guilt. Sad). I feel confident that whatever anyone knew, LE also knows by now. Praying for ET, her family and the family of TC. Heartbreaking for all.

Canada is sans Chick. I fell in love years ago. Sad panda. :(

Just meet some people in Atlanta a month that are from Canada. They were going completely crazy over Chick-Fil-A.

I've been reading her instagram posts. I'm worried more than ever that this isn't going to end well, she's in way deep. Poor girl didn't have a bed until a few weeks ago she was sleeping on the couch. I also think once he stopped liking her posts he had created a fake IG profile.
Didn't she also say something like someone had done something "yucky" on her other bed?

I was watching Fox news this afternoon and saw the segment they did on this case. I was glad that it's getting the national exposure it needs. I'm in NJ and haven't heard anything yet on the local news or radio but was happy to see national media outlets talking about it.

Lets think about it- if they left some where around 8am and she wasn't reported missing until later in the afternoon, that gives them a big head start.
I'm not sure of the exact time they where reported missing but iirc it was later in the afternoon.
Lets also add in that we know tad is educated ( I could not bring myself to use the word smart because a smart man would never think about running away with a minor child)
We have images of him filling up with gas but we don't know if he possibly had gas cans full in the back as well as the full tank. Even with the full tank, he could've gotten quite some distance by the time she was reported missing. They could be anywhere by now, it's been a week :(

I sincerely hope that this girl will be finally given the love and attention she deserves after this ordeal ends. She may not realize that she's a victim now, but one day she will. She's going to need much love and support throughout the next vulnerable teen years to work through what happened here. She's liable to be very confused for a while.
I do believe she'll be found still even though I really thought she'd have been located already. I think she will absolutely be found soon though. He might be educated but he can't pull this off forever on limited funds.

The 50-year-old Cummins has been placed on Tennessee's most-wanted list. He stands charged with aggravated kidnapping and sexual misconduct with a minor.

Jason Whatley, an attorney for the girl's father, Anthony Thomas, said the teen's abduction came after a chain of events that began January 23, when a Culleoka high school student allegedly saw Elizabeth and Cummins kissing in a classroom. The incident was reported to the school the next day, he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/19/us/tennessee-teacher-manhunt/

Lots of info in this article. I am just flumoxed as to why the inappropriate contact witnessed at school was not reported to ET's family immediately. And to place her on in-house suspension after she was seen in his classroom after the school's "internal" investigation began . . .

The 50-year-old Cummins has been placed on Tennessee's most-wanted list. He stands charged with aggravated kidnapping and sexual misconduct with a minor.

Jason Whatley, an attorney for the girl's father, Anthony Thomas, said the teen's abduction came after a chain of events that began January 23, when a Culleoka high school student allegedly saw Elizabeth and Cummins kissing in a classroom. The incident was reported to the school the next day, he said.

Lots of info in this article. I am just flumoxed as to why the inappropriate contact witnessed at school was not reported to ET's family immediately. And to place her on in-house suspension after she was seen in his classroom after the school's "internal" investigation began . . .

His wife tried to cover it up from what I've read she either worked at the school itself or the school board. That's why it was a delayed response. But to that IMO she didn't realize this was going on. I think he probably told her that ET was abused and acting out or something along those lines. MOO

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

That is some "investigation" by the school system. And now they can't even be bothered to help publicize that their student is missing? Smh.

I'm a bit surprised by the fact that the article says the school hasn't mentioned anything about ET being missing on their website. I'm sure they don't want to advertise what's been going on, but it seems like they should have something up telling people what to do if they have any contact with her or TC.

Elizabeth said, like many students, she looked to Cummins as a counselor. She's been to church with him, she said. He never made her feel uncomfortable and he never touched her, except for the occasional fist bump. He also grabbed her hands one time to calm her down, she said, according to the report.

Cummins called Elizabeth "a really good friend" and said she came to see him when she needed someone to calm her down.

From the CNN article so they did use her situation to try to explain their inappropriate behavior.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member