Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully everyone reads through the thread here so they can see that the TBI has clearly stated the only confirmed sighting was OKC. If not, We'll get bombarded here with even more people discussing the "sightings" .
While I totally understand people being excited when they think there has been a sighting but the last thing this case needs is more misinformation.

The article stated that he took out some personal loans that netted $4500, so not all the money he took out was a car loan. Some of it was, probably the bulk of it was, but not all of it. So this tells us two things. 1. He's not flush with money and 2. He had to get loans on several things to get even that amount of money. Sorry to keep harping on this detail, but it's important to note that the amount of money he obtained was from more than one source.

IMHO, he doesn't have enough cash to finance this adventure for more than 6 months or so and he knows it.

Also IMHO, they will be found long before they run out of money. :cow:

The article stated that he took out some personal loans that netted $4500, so not all the money he took out was a car loan. Some of it was, probably the bulk of it was, but not all of it. So this tells us two things. 1. He's not flush with money and 2. He had to get loans on several things to get even that amount of money. Sorry to keep harping on this detail, but it's important to note that the amount of money he obtained was from more than one source.
Makes more sense. The only thing that I had heard was the loan on the car and the $4500. We were discussing a couple of threads back about which vehicle and everyone discussing was thinking the $4500 was from the vehicle only.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Well you can do it at a bank that way, but it is the title pawn places. I can't see any of them wanting to be a second lien holder, they aren't going to collect anything doing that.

Maybe but Car Title loan shops are here in my state too.

Going to post the exact wording about the loan he took out. "TC took a loan for 4,500. "TBI said Cummins secured a title loan for a personal vehicle and other personal effects several days before his disappearance, netting $4,500 in cash."
http://fox17.com/news/local/tbi-rele...izabeth-thomas

If I had to guess, I'd say there's a possibility that the loan was actually taken on the Jeep and that the Nissan is still being financed.
From what I've gathered, they may have not had the money to pay for the Nissan outright.
If I had to guess, I'd say his Jeep was paid off so he used the title for the title loan. I haven't read anything that clearly says it was the rogue that had the loan taken out on the title. That car is only two years old, so I'd guess they'd still be paying on it. But that's just my opinion.

If I had to guess, I'd say there's a possibility that the loan was actually taken on the Jeep and that the Nissan is still being financed.
From what I've gathered, they may have not had the money to pay for the Nissan outright.
If I had to guess, I'd say his Jeep was paid off so he used the title for the title loan. I haven't read anything that clearly says it was the rogue that had the loan taken out on the title. That car is only two years old, so I'd guess they'd still be paying on it. But that's just my opinion.
That's my thought too, but seems all the money he got wasn't from the title loan.

He could cash in the title even though both were registered owners? I am assuming they both were. But he drove the Jeep and his wife drove the Rogue.

Well that is the thing.. How much was this car worth? Title loan places won't do that here at all, they aren't about to get into that kind of money.

Also it is weird that a financed car would be worth that kind of money. You have to really pay down a lot to but very in the red if you want to trade one in. The value drops a tremendous amount on a new car once you buy it.

I was just commenting that it is possible to get a title loan on a car that's not paid off.

We don't know which vehicle the loan was on, do we? (I don't remember.) The Rogue is just a 2015. I can't imagine they could buy the car with cash on their salaries. But anything is possible, I suppose.

ETA: I just saw the post where he took out various loans. That makes WAY more sense.

The poster states at the end of the post that it's "alternative facts" and "fake news" meant to be an example of how we should "think out of the box" because "we need new thinks".

Right. Just what we need, more alternative facts and accompanying, "new thinks" LOL JMO

While investigators don't have any information placing Thomas and Cummins in Mexico, they say it's possible the two have made it that far. Mexican police have been notified about the case.

The public is asked to be on the lookout, particularly in rural or secluded areas. Hunters are asked to watch for Cummins and Thomas. Investigators are asking people to be vigilant in parking garages and lots, parks, campgrounds and other off-the-grid places.

http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/index.ssf/2017/04/amber_alert_elizabeth_thomas_n.html

The poster states at the end of the post that it's "alternative facts" and "fake news" meant to be an example of how we should "think out of the box" because "we need new thinks".

IMO it is super dangerous to post fake news for any reason. People don't read carefully and end up spreading false rumors when you post things like this (I know you didn't post it Mom24). Add to that the language makes it difficult to understand for no reason at all and the fact that it's not explicitly stated that "this is not true, this did not happen" there is just no reason at all to post ridiculous untrue scenarios. We can think outside the box without risking spreading false rumors.

Not to mention the vocabulary used in the post is giving me SAT prep flashbacks :) :)

I was just commenting that it is possible to get a title loan on a car that's not paid off.

We don't know which vehicle the loan was on, do we? (I don't remember.) The Rogue is just a 2015. I can't imagine they could buy the car with cash on their salaries. But anything is possible, I suppose.
No we don't know for sure which car that I'm aware of, but seems he didn't get all his money from the car, according to an earlier article.

He could cash in the title even though both were registered owners? I am assuming they both were. But he drove the Jeep and his wife drove the Rogue.
It could have been listed "or" on the title and not "and". Also I guess if it was listed "and" he could have lied about it being for something else since he was suspended.

A local station here (Wichita) has posted this "possible sighting" and even included a pick of a truck they could be driving. I think this is a dangerous thing to do if it is not them which I don't think it is. (The girl in the photos jaw and ear seem to line up differently than ET's is one example why I don't think it is them.) If someone sees this pair along with a similar truck, they could decide to take matters into their own hands and harm an innocent man.

http://www.kake.com/story/35056126/possible-sighting-of-missing-teen-accused-abductor-in-nebraska

This is what makes me nervous about posting pictures of the vehicle in "unofficial" sightings. We all want ET home but we don't want innocent people hurt in the process.

Report, scroll, and roll. Let's keep the thread open, guys.

I hope today is the day she is found. The bad guys are winning way too much lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay