Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree! I keep coming back to how and why TC would have seemed like a good candidate for teaching at all. IMO he was very underqualified and once he started, there were red flags popping up all over the place that should have set off alarms.

It's so ironic that a man who somehow managed to become a public school teacher with nothing more than a two-year degree and no apparent education classes would even attempt to counsel anyone about future college choices. I sincerely dislike this man.

If ET only brought along warm weather clothing, they're certainly not headed north to Nebraska this time of year. Granted, TC could have easily purchased warmer clothing for her but I still don't think that pic is them. I suspect the folks in the pic will likely come forward today - and probably not be very happy about all the hype.

moo

The thing about the car and money he got for it.. He got it from a title pawn place, correct?

If so that car has to be paid off and him have the title. My guess is the Jeep had to be what he pawned, unless for some reason the Nissan wasn't financed. How old was the Nissan?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

In my state (do these things vary by state?) you do not need to have a paid off vehicle for a title loan. I think it's like a second lien.

It's so ironic that a man who somehow managed to become a public school teacher with nothing more than a two-year degree and no apparent education classes would even attempt to counsel anyone about future college choices. I sincerely dislike this man.
I think TN had a program for people like him to teach certain subjects that they had licensing or qualifications, in a related field. That was discussed way back many, many threads ago. Also I was thinking he had more than a two year education, that he might have gone back later, but might be wrong on that. Someone in the medical field could be quite qualified to teach high school health under those circumstances.

In my state (do these things vary by state?) you do not need to have a paid off vehicle for a title loan. I think it's like a second lien.
Well you can do it at a bank that way, but it is the title pawn places. I can't see any of them wanting to be a second lien holder, they aren't going to collect anything doing that.

attachment.php

Posted by TBI 25 minutes ago. No correction from Kearney Police Dept. on their FB page yet.

Attachments

• tbi.jpg
    tbi.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 303
Well you can do it at a bank that way, but it is the title pawn places. I can't see any of them wanting to be a second lien holder, they aren't going to collect anything doing that.

Title loan places will do it. It's a buyout of the other loan.

I think TN had a program for people like him to teach certain subjects that they had licensing or qualifications, in a related field. That was discussed way back many, many threads ago. Also I was thinking he had more than a two year education, that he might have gone back later, but might be wrong on that. Someone in the medical field could be quite qualified to teach high school health under those circumstances.

Yes he got an alternative certification and he also went back and furthered his education.

There was a possible sighting in Nebraska, but TBI has confirmed it wasn't them. The sighting in Oklahoma, which is what pictured, is real. Tis a tad confusing!

Probably wasn't a good idea for TBI to use the OK picture to dispel the 'sighting' in NE.

Title loan places will do it. It's a buyout of the other loan.
Well that is the thing.. How much was this car worth? Title loan places won't do that here at all, they aren't about to get into that kind of money.

Also it is weird that a financed car would be worth that kind of money. You have to really pay down a lot to but very in the red if you want to trade one in. The value drops a tremendous amount on a new car once you buy it.

So now I'm confused. Those were the pictures that were given in the Oklahoma sighting articles.
Now these are from Nebraska? And not them? What did I miss?

Ahhh.. No way that car was worth more $4500 than what he had financed. They could have had money back and paid cash for it. Wish we knew what car he got the loan on.

There was a possible sighting in Nebraska, but TBI has confirmed it wasn't them. The sighting in Oklahoma, which is what pictured, is real. Tis a tad confusing!

It was totally confusing! I hope they edit so people don't jump to conclusions like I did!

[video=twitter;848923219004448769]https://twitter.com/TBInvestigation/status/848923219004448769[/video]

Probably wasn't a good idea for TBI to use the OK picture to dispel the 'sighting' in NE.

Good point, I hadn't even picked up on that. I was too busy shaking my head that the Kearney Police Dept. still hasn't corrected themselves yet on SM. I also love that the TBI won't even call them by name ("a police agency in Nebraska"). They're mad and they should be.

Ahhh.. No way that car was worth more $4500 than what he had financed. They could have had money back and paid cash for it. Wish we knew what car he got the loan on.

The article stated that he took out some personal loans that netted $4500, so not all the money he took out was a car loan. Some of it was, probably the bulk of it was, but not all of it. So this tells us two things. 1. He's not flush with money and 2. He had to get loans on several things to get even that amount of money. Sorry to keep harping on this detail, but it's important to note that the amount of money he obtained was from more than one source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay