Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A thought... if police had some reason to believe they might be headed to Nebraska (or even just north from OKC), might they have put out this photo even if they were pretty sure it wasn't them, just to get people in that area to look more closely? Without cluing TC in that they knew his direction of travel?

Yes, I saw the report from the Kearney PD FB page last night and didn't even post it here because it so clearly is not them.

The reason I posted the link was to point out TC only brought warm weather clothing.

Oh I see.:) I thought she might be wearing shorts in the pic.

We agree then that this is unlikely to be them.:) Carry on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the subject of money and the $4500 as all he has, he may be getting extra money from pawning things, like his wedding ring. That may explain the apparent delays in Decatur and in OKC, where the lawyer seemed to think ET/TC were in the area there for a time. TC may have been scoping places to pawn his ring and get a good price.
There could be video of him in the shop since brokers are good about that. A little late but would confirm their movements.
Wonder if he wife has done an inventory to see of there are other items of value missing that he could pawn.

Smart thinking! She might be missing some jewelry and not know it. He probably wouldn't get much for his ring but pawning one or both of those guns would give him some cash. We know he sings - does he have a guitar?

If he pawned anything, he would still have to show a driver's license or a state ID, and a police report written up. There would be a hold on the items for 30 days. And it might be that the person has to be 18 years or older to pawn.

IMOO.
Yup, but you can find shady people everywhere that would do it without ID and the rules. It's kind of difficult to find those all around the country though.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

A local station here (Wichita) has posted this "possible sighting" and even included a pick of a truck they could be driving. I think this is a dangerous thing to do if it is not them which I don't think it is. (The girl in the photos jaw and ear seem to line up differently than ET's is one example why I don't think it is them.) If someone sees this pair along with a similar truck, they could decide to take matters into their own hands and harm an innocent man.

http://www.kake.com/story/35056126/possible-sighting-of-missing-teen-accused-abductor-in-nebraska

What is everyone's thinking on if she is a prisoner or not? IMO, I was taught at a young age to walk beside or slightly behind the woman I am with. Not trying to be sexist, it is a respect thing. He is walking in front of her with IMO means he is not afraid of her running off. Or just the simple fact he takes her into a public place. It would take seconds for her to get the attention of a random person and ask for help.

MOO

She might not be a physical prisoner kept under lock and key, but IMO she's a prisoner mentally. I don't think we can base too much off of the Walmart surveillance of the two of them since it was only two days after they left and we don't know what could have happened since then. TC has taken her hundreds of miles from her home and most likely has her convinced that she's going to be in some kind of trouble if she tried to go back home. He has her isolated and completely dependent on him for everything - food, clothes, shelter, etc. I know it's been brought up before, but Elizabeth Smart's abductors had her out in public many times over the course of nine months, and she never tried to run away. She wasn't even that far from home, but she was still terrified of what would happen if she tried to break away.

Smart thinking! She might be missing some jewelry and not know it. He probably wouldn't get much for his ring but pawning one or both of those guns would give him some cash. We know he sings - does he have a guitar?

Just to add on to this topic, and I may be way off base here, but these 2 families are just regular, average joe families with modest incomes. TC specifically as a teacher and his wife as an admin in a rural school district. Admittedly I don't know about the Thomas family but I'm guessing similar lifestyle. I can't imagine either pawning anything of exceptional value. I would be curious to know about any retirement liquidation, but as far as any sort of teachers pension I don't think he had been employed long enough to be vested. Jmo/speculation.

A local station here (Wichita) has posted this "possible sighting" and even included a pick of a truck they could be driving. I think this is a dangerous thing to do if it is not them which I don't think it is. (The girl in the photos jaw and ear seem to line up differently than ET's is one example why I don't think it is them.) If someone sees this pair along with a similar truck, they could decide to take matters into their own hands and harm an innocent man.

http://www.kake.com/story/35056126/possible-sighting-of-missing-teen-accused-abductor-in-nebraska

Thanks. This pic is discussed over the past few pages if you want to see our general conclusions (that it's likely not them).

Unless we have better quality photos, however, I never feel like we can rule things out altogether.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A thought... if police had some reason to believe they might be headed to Nebraska (or even just north from OKC), might they have put out this photo even if they were pretty sure it wasn't them, just to get people in that area to look more closely? Without cluing TC in that they knew his direction of travel?

If LE threw two innocent people under the bus for the purposes of raising awareness then I'm going to be even angrier than I already am over this picture.

If he pawned anything, he would still have to show a driver's license or a state ID, and a police report written up. There would be a hold on the items for 30 days. And it might be that the person has to be 18 years or older to pawn.

IMOO.
Thought about that. ET friend said that ET told her that there was a plan for someone to hide them but it fell through. He may have a friend/someone pawn it for him for a small fee like do this for me $100. And no one would know. Someone hanging around a pawn shop needs money, so he just has someone do it for him using their id for a fee.

ETA IMO he had the ring with him until the ;last moment just in case things fell through at the last minute. Once they were on the interstate heading south that ring was off.

He's a real manipulator. He played on her because she was easy prey. She had a awful home life and got picked on when she entered the school. He swooped in to begin the grooming process. From her IG, it seems as though she had self esteem issues, IMO.
She deserves better then all of this. She deserves to experience a normal childhood. Her mom took the first part and Tad took the second part of her childhood. It's going to take years to work past this mess.

I strongly agree with you!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Sad. A teacher who doesn't believe a person has a future in college. What a fraud!

So glad he is not teaching anymore. I hope he is caught.

And grooming a 15 year old girl. Pathetic. Creep!! I hope she is ok, and will be ok

when all this is over.

IMOO.

I totally agree! I keep coming back to how and why TC would have seemed like a good candidate for teaching at all. IMO he was very underqualified and once he started, there were red flags popping up all over the place that should have set off alarms.

Thought about that. ET friend said that ET told her that there was a plan for someone to hide them but it fell through. He may have a friend/someone pawn it for him for a small fee like do this for me $100. And no one would know. Someone hanging around a pawn shop needs money, so he just has someone do it for him using their id for a fee.

I don't know.. With the records and pawning for someone like that? Unless someone hanging around the shop knows the owner is shady, pawning for a stranger is a red flag for accepting stolen merchandise. The amount of money you get is very minor also. I had a ton of scrap gold from broken pieces that I sold. Even with a solid gold ring, which I had an old one in the pile, you don't get much. $15-$20 for a ring, it wasn't much at all. If you have something nice, you have to get a nice individual owned jewelry store to buy it.

You get very little money for selling gold and they don't even count stones, only the gold value.

I would be shocked if they got any money from pawning anything.

Just to add on to this topic, and I may be way off base here, but these 2 families are just regular, average joe families with modest incomes. TC specifically as a teacher and his wife as an admin in a rural school district. Admittedly I don't know about the Thomas family but I'm guessing similar lifestyle. I can't imagine either pawning anything of exceptional value. I would be curious to know about any retirement liquidation, but as far as any sort of teachers pension I don't think he had been employed long enough to be vested. Jmo/speculation.
Yes their combined income may not have been high. The work history is a little strange. IIRC he was at one point a respiratory therapist. That's pretty well paid, I wonder why he stopped, probably how he got "qualified" to teach health. I would think that they would have accumulated some items of value over the years.

Things can get handed down, or someone inherits something and it's worth something. I think it's at least 5 years before any money can be drawn from a teacher's retirement fund and 15 years before 100% vested, but I'm not sure on that. Things have changed over the years. The article said he had taken out loans on personal property that netted him $4500, which leads me to believe it wasn't just a car refi, there were other things and if all he was able to round up was $4500, it leads me to believe he didn't have much worth. That's a pittance to run away on. Just wanted to add, the small amount of money was what led me to believe he had help in some manner. But the pawning thing never occurred to me and makes sense. Given that neither have used any credit/debit cards, what they have with them is it. And I don't believe he'd get far in trying to sell the vehicle.

The thing about the car and money he got for it.. He got it from a title pawn place, correct?

If so that car has to be paid off and him have the title. My guess is the Jeep had to be what he pawned, unless for some reason the Nissan wasn't financed. How old was the Nissan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member