Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I'd clear up some information regarding the requirements for TC's qualifications to teach Health Sciences at Culleoka Unit School. While it's true that the job did NOT require a Bachelor's degree as it was vocational in nature, it did however require RN Certification which as a Respiratory Therapist (RT), he doesn't have. RN and RT are not equivalents either from an occupational, educational, or certification standpoint. I am attaching the job posting from Maury County Public Schools to this post, it can be found as Page 27 of the Media Packet that was sent from Whatley (Thomas family attorney) to the media.

Note the wording: "Must have RN Certification". BBM.

attachment.php

Sources:

https://mgtvwkrn.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/thomas-packet-to-media.pdf

http://work.chron.com/respiratory-therapist-vs-registered-nurse-25829.html

While that was the school's requirement, he was still able to be certified by the state for Health Science Education in specific subset classes such as Forensics. My guess was, they merely shifted people around. For instance, many states require different science teachers be certified in their content area. So if you have a degree in Secondary Science Education (grades 6-12) with a specialization in Biology, then you would get certified in Life Sciences. Now if a job came up that required certification in Physical Science you may be able to apply for that if you have enough credits in that area to qualify you for that certification and you would agree to seek certification in that science field within a certain time frame in order to be compliant with the job requirements, some of which may include further education. In this case, it appears Culleoka is a small school, they only have one guidance counselor and with all that a guidance counselor has to do for students in their JR and SR years, I'm shocked. That means the school is very small. Which means the community is very small, making job requirements kind of, well, smooshy. He was more than qualified to become certified through the state for Health Sciences, and given that they may not have had any other such qualified candidates, they may have chosen to put the RN requirement to the side since the state didn't require it and change the curriculum. I'm thinking the RN requirement was for a specific class being taught. This is a rather long drawn out post to simply state, the state board of ed doesn't require an RN to get certified to teach Health Sciences.

Great! That is the response I am hoping for. I agree heartedly with your 1 through 7 above.

I have said many times statements to the effect of what you listed but others said that my angle of view was distorted, unnecessary etc. I have to resort to the artifice of a fake news to finally get a brainstorming that alternative facts could be close to reality.

About the unnecessary fake possibility, your reaction just proved that my unnecessary fake possibility actually triggered you to list what I really agree on and I really want people to pay attention at.

As of the thesaurus remark, I wish to remain polite. Thus, your spoken usage is yours and mine are mine. I proselytize not that you express such as me. Do not waste time with a thesaurus. If it were too much, just skip without reading. Amen.

In all due respect, while I understand now what you were trying to do, it does seem to be, IMO, an tad inefficient. I think that we are all offering thought provoking input without the confusion of obscure fake news postings. However, I think if the post could have been more clearly stated, it might have been more successful in producing the poster's intent because I'm all in favor of trying any alternative 'think tank' strategies, if they will help bring ET home and deliver TC to jail.

As for the thesaurus crimes mentioned, :) in general it is better to keep writing simple, clear and concise. That means only use the longer, more obscure words when no other word will work. A writer risks alienating or distracting the reader by using random, less recognized vocabulary when a simpler option is available. Using generally recognizable vocabulary helps avoid derailing the reader from focusing on the real intent of the writing.

As Mark Twain said, "Don't use a five-dollar word when a fifty-cent word will do."

Ugh, I have not been on since Friday afternoon. I was hoping so badly that I would have logged on today and the title would have been changed to found!

Just an aside.. Can't a pawn broker in most places be charged with receiving stolen property when they don't get that info and it is stolen? I was thinking getting that info can protect them from that part of it if the items end up being stolen.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Here in Georgia whenever I have sold jewelry for gold, I had to give ID & my thumbprint.
MOO

I imagine he will lose his RT certification/license as well.
Anyone know the laws in TN regarding professional licenses?
MOO

I imagine he will lose his RT certification/license as well.
Anyone know the laws in TN regarding professional licenses?
MOO
Oh I'm pretty sure federal aggravated kidnapping of a minor will do it for someone in the medical field.

Does this portend that School system (as non person entity) who hired him and the school officials who made the hiring decision are now liable for the prejudice caused to the 15-year old child's family?

"An unqualified person is hired and that person ends up a criminal." Besides the alleegd criminal, who else could be responsible?

Wow!! I'm with you! This has got to be significant!

While that was the school's requirement, he was still able to be certified by the state for Health Science Education in specific subset classes such as Forensics. My guess was, they merely shifted people around. For instance, many states require different science teachers be certified in their content area. So if you have a degree in Secondary Science Education (grades 6-12) with a specialization in Biology, then you would get certified in Life Sciences. Now if a job came up that required certification in Physical Science you may be able to apply for that if you have enough credits in that area to qualify you for that certification and you would agree to seek certification in that science field within a certain time frame in order to be compliant with the job requirements, some of which may include further education. In this case, it appears Culleoka is a small school, they only have one guidance counselor and with all that a guidance counselor has to do for students in their JR and SR years, I'm shocked. That means the school is very small. Which means the community is very small, making job requirements kind of, well, smooshy. He was more than qualified to become certified through the state for Health Sciences, and given that they may not have had any other such qualified candidates, they may have chosen to put the RN requirement to the side since the state didn't require it and change the curriculum. I'm thinking the RN requirement was for a specific class being taught. This is a rather long drawn out post to simply state, the state board of ed doesn't require an RN to get certified to teach Health Sciences.

How dare you use facts to bust my agenda-driven arguments wide open, Mom24. NOT COOL. :D But seriously, I absolutely hear what you're saying and agree to a point. TC was not necessarily unqualified from top to bottom as there may have been some wiggle-room regarding certifications. However, and I hate to keep being so pedantic on this issue, but the word "must" indicates to me that anyone without RN Certification need not apply. All the school system had to was indicate that RN Certification was preferred but not mandatory and I wouldn't be as adamant on the issue.

But again, your points are good ones, especially the "smooshy" part. Lotsa smooshy biz involved with this school system and TC, IMO.

I keep checking in every day hoping that they have been found. I can't believe it's been more than two weeks and only one confirmed sighting. Surely TC will be running out of money soon, unless he has found some type of job.

I keep checking in every day hoping that they have been found. I can't believe it's been more than two weeks and only one confirmed sighting. Surely TC will be running out of money soon, unless he has found some type of job.

It's 3 weeks today...

Just an aside.. Can't a pawn broker in most places be charged with receiving stolen property when they don't get that info and it is stolen? I was thinking getting that info can protect them from that part of it if the items end up being stolen.

I never pawned anything, but I have frequently sold stuff in Pawn like stores, you know the "we buy gold" "we buy estate" stores. The one I use now is in a semi-upscale (for the middle of PA) suburb, I have sold gold and some coins on two separate occasions. Was never asked for ID, which makes it sound like if you pawn you need to show ID, if you sell out right you don't have to??? Does that sound logical? It doesn't to me, but it seems we all aren't being asked for ID?

I never pawned anything, but I have frequently sold stuff in Pawn like stores, you know the "we buy gold" "we buy estate" stores. The one I use now is in a semi-upscale (for the middle of PA) suburb, I have sold gold and some coins on two separate occasions. Was never asked for ID, which makes it sound like if you pawn you need to show ID, if you sell out right you don't have to??? Does that sound logical? It doesn't to me, but it seems we all aren't being asked for ID?
Even the scrap stuff I have sold at a Pawn Shop I was asked for ID. Some here even take pictures of people also. I figured they did it to protect themselves.

How dare you use facts to bust my agenda-driven arguments wide open, Mom24. NOT COOL. :D But seriously, I absolutely hear what you're saying and agree to a point. TC was not necessarily unqualified from top to bottom as there may have been some wiggle-room regarding certifications. However, and I hate to keep being so pedantic on this issue, but the word "must" indicates to me that anyone without RN Certification need not apply. All the school system had to was indicate that RN Certification was preferred but not mandatory and I wouldn't be as adamant on the issue.

But again, your points are good ones, especially the "smooshy" part. Lotsa smooshy biz involved with this school system and TC, IMO.

Oh I agree, I think there was much smooshing going on, while still riding the fine line of making sure it was legal. In other words, I think because his wife was already working for the school department, they were "helping" the family.

Great! That is the response I am hoping for. I agree heartedly with your 1 through 7 above.

I have said many times statements to the effect of what you listed but others said that my angle of view was distorted, unnecessary etc. I have to resort to the artifice of a fake news to finally get a brainstorming that alternative facts could be close to reality.

About the unnecessary fake possibility, your reaction just proved that my unnecessary fake possibility actually triggered you to list what I really agree on and I really want people to pay attention at.

As of the thesaurus remark, I wish to remain polite. Thus, your spoken usage is yours and mine are mine. I proselytize not that you express such as me. Do not waste time with a thesaurus. If it were too much, just skip without reading. Amen.

With respect, if you are overly verbose or don't use the simplest verbiage to convey your message, you risk your message getting lost in translation. Readers won't be able to interpret what you intend to say and appropriately appreciate your input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 Most of the time I only have time to scan through the posts because I am forced to do the whole work and life thing, while scanning through that one I got all hopeful. ..but now feel Punk'd! I hope "alternative facts" doesn't become a "thing", it is annoying as hel!
MOO

I took it to be a sarcastic chastisement of us lesser folk who think ET is a victim and thus are apparently incapable of much intelligent thought on the subject.

Wonder how he got a loan since we know he was not employed??? I don't think my bank would do that if I had no resource to pay it back.

JMO

He was employed at the time. Or just had been. How would they know if was recently fired? They just require paycheck stubs. Right?

It's 3 weeks today...

If they made it south of the border it could take months depending on where they went. Maybe even years.

I think they'd stand out but other things might act to make it easy for them to remain unreported.

Just a curious thought. Due to the TIPs and/or sightings, does it appear that Mr. Cummins and Ms. Thomas are making a trek toward Utah? Is there not polygamy groups on this visual path once they reach a location near or around Salt Lake?

Just thought I'd clear up some information regarding the requirements for TC's qualifications to teach Health Sciences at Culleoka Unit School. While it's true that the job did NOT require a Bachelor's degree as it was vocational in nature, it did however require RN Certification which as a Respiratory Therapist (RT), he doesn't have. RN and RT are not equivalents either from an occupational, educational, or certification standpoint. I am attaching the job posting from Maury County Public Schools to this post, it can be found as Page 27 of the Media Packet that was sent from Whatley (Thomas family attorney) to the media.

Note the wording: "Must have RN Certification". BBM.

attachment.php

Sources:

https://mgtvwkrn.files.wordpress.com/2017/03/thomas-packet-to-media.pdf

http://work.chron.com/respiratory-therapist-vs-registered-nurse-25829.html

What is an RN certification? I am an RN in Tennessee but I have a license, not a certification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay