Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you explain a phone diversion to Decatur. An hour or so away from Columbia and it didn't ping until it reached Decatur?

If the phone was being "shipped" it would have pinged all the way to Decatur, not when it arrived.

Good point. Do we know that it didn't?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<modsnip>

Back on topic, Elizabeth does need to be found, and it might take a deep dive in to find her. However, I think that will probably start with information found on TCs computer and other technology, and comments that ETs family and friends remember over time (if they are willing to tell what they know).

I am deeply confused by the TC apologists. Even if they think TC and ET are in love and would make a lovely couple, he stole her. From past cases, if he was caught and did not turn himself in, the worst sentence he might ever get is 2-5 years (at least that's all I've seen and haven't researched this). If they are in love, she could choose to grow up and go back to him when he got out. In the meantime, she should be able to fulfill her teen dreams with her family and friends. The fact that he hasn't talked her into this is more proof of how selfish and creepy he is.

I believe they are being hidden by someone. And I think the only way anyone is going to find them is if ET contacts someone from her past (in secret) and that person tells. I feel this could go on for some time. The longer it goes, the more brainwashed and victimized she is. It's so sad that she has been taken advantage of her whole life. It breaks my heart.

I, too, think that ET contacting someone is going to be the best way for her to be found, and I really do see this happening eventually. It seems like she was very close to at least a few of her sibling and some friends and I just can't believe that she won't reach out to at least one of them at some point. Even if just to say "i'm okay".

Does anyone else think a third party might be providing a place to live? If they are sleeping in the car (mattress fitting in the back of the Rouge) they would have to either 1- eat out or 2- camp out. I just do not see camping/off the grid as a long term or even three week plan for them. There are all kinds of groups and forums online--- many shady I'm sure, where TC might have made a contact. Surely LE has checked with his immediate and extended family members but maybe he was involved in some kind of Fall/Spring group online.

I just can't wrap my head around them being on the move, out and about for three weeks without someone seeing them.

There's a lot of people that would support TC if he gave them some story too. I think he may have spun a tale that he was saving an abused child and that the media is lying or LE doesn't know or even that her parents have friends in high places and if she returns she won't be safe. I can certainly see him spinning this story and all he has to get is one person to believe it. Just one.

If they were heading west form Ok, aren't New Mexico/Texas pretty much just desert...no places to stop kinda roads.

You can post that, it was in msm somewhere as well. Something to the effect that her dad worried TC may have heard the phone ringing and made her toss it.

Yes,either toss it or turn it off.

What possible reason would they have for blowing their own cover? I just don't see it. They could have easily been apprehended then and there by LE.

Because the actual Date of the sighting was at a time they were "thought" to be headed toward the gulf southeast due to the phone ping in Decator. Remember, we saw the OKC footage 2 weeks after it happened, which is 2 days into their journey. Intentional diversion is also what I feel was going on here.

Their demeanor is almost as she is saying " think they got a good shot of us?" and he's answering with a smirk.

The location of the sighting seems to signal to the majority it is a route to Mexico, which is why I think they actually used this location to turn around, after intentionally being seen. IMO they wanted to be seen at that time though and it may have messed up some plans when they weren't. I find it highly coincidental they were reported being seen in OKC after the incorrect sighting ( Dad and daughter in Van) near Memphis. Who phoned in that tip?

I, too, think that ET contacting someone is going to be the best way for her to be found, and I really do see this happening eventually. It seems like she was very close to at least a few of her sibling and some friends and I just can't believe that she won't reach out to at least one of them at some point. Even if just to say "i'm okay".

I tend to agree with this. From her social media, she seemed very close to her sister, so there will probably certainly be a temptation to contact her.

I'm lol'ing at the thought that TC stomped into an OKC Wal-Mart as a fugitive for the purposes of making a statement regarding Shakespeare's Julius Caesar. #markanthony appears to be just another "warrior poet" on IG. ;)

Irishboy: This came out wrong. I meant that I was amused at the mental image of TC thinking about a Roman General then applying the Ides of March to his arrogant Wal-Mart appearance. In other words, not amused that you came up with the link, in fact, I'm super impressed! :)

No problem :)
We're all very passionate about this now and want to get her home, and all very frustrated. Let's keep up the fight to #Bringelizabeththomashome

Because the actual Date of the sighting was at a time they were "thought" to be headed toward the gulf southeast due to the phone ping in Decator. Remember, we saw the OKC footage 2 weeks after it happened, which is 2 days into their journey. Intentional diversion is also what I feel was going on here.

Their demeanor is almost as she is saying " think they got a good shot of us?" and he's answering with a smirk.

The location of the sighting seems to signal to the majority it is a route to Mexico, which is why I think they actually used this location to turn around, after intentionally being seen. IMO they wanted to be seen at that time though and it may have messed up some plans when they weren't. I find it highly coincidental they were reported being seen in OKC after the incorrect sighting ( Dad and daughter in Van) near Memphis. Who phoned in that tip?

I still don't see a good reason to risk being apprehended at the Wal-Mart. The alternative would be for them NOT to be seen. That makes it more difficult for LE to find them.

The idea that they'd intentionally be seen, in a public place, in order to throw law enforcement off the trail simply doesn't make sense because it gives LE more info than they had before, and also gives them a chance to physically apprehend them, since Amber Alert had already been issued at that point.

If they wanted to throw off law enforcement, they could simply use a social media post of any kind (made from a computer, not a phone) to throw people on a wild goose chase.

There's a lot of people that would support TC if he gave them some story too. I think he may have spun a tale that he was saving an abused child and that the media is lying or LE doesn't know or even that her parents have friends in high places and if she returns she won't be safe. I can certainly see him spinning this story and all he has to get is one person to believe it. Just one.

Actually I think that's a better theory than mine (some off off forum or FB group).

ETA- the only cog in that theory, though, is this case is receiving lots of coverage. Surely anyone he spun "rescuing an abused girl" should be debunked by now.

I have no idea, though I do think someone is providing shelter.

Each day I pray it is the day she is found.

What is bothering me the most out of all of this is the lack of video footage shared from the Walmart in OK.

Either the TBI is not showing their hand OR they are just not that good at this sort of thing, but I would think the FBI would guide them if they thought there was more they should tell us. I would really like to see what they bought, how they were interacting with each other, how they walk, what car they were driving, etc. There's just so much info in that one sighting that we are left to speculate about IMO.

Is it possible that maybe they don't want the public to see them being "happy" together which would in turn make some people not care as much?

Whatever it is, I hope they have a lot more info than they are letting on they have.

Was it both of their phones that pinged in Decatur, AL? Or just one? If so, whose?

Were the physical phones ever located by LE after the ping?

(Have never been clear on either of these questions...)

Just Elizabeth's when her dad called...it rang. Then went dead. They never found the phones as far as we know. This was mentioned unthread but I'm not sure if it was a news report or the sister. The sister has left the forum so I can't search for her posts any more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Had the same thought about demeanor when you see the video.

What is bothering me the most out of all of this is the lack of video footage shared from the Walmart in OK.

Either the TBI is not showing their hand OR they are just not that good at this sort of thing, but I would think the FBI would guide them if they thought there was more they should tell us. I would really like to see what they bought, how they were interacting with each other, how they walk, what car they were driving, etc. There's just so much info in that one sighting that we are left to speculate about IMO.

Is it possible that maybe they don't want the public to see them being "happy" together which would in turn make some people not care as much?

Whatever it is, I hope they have a lot more info than they are letting on they have.

They usually don't show all the footage, people have short attention spans and they want them to focus on the front facial pics.

I hope that if someone is helping to hide them that the law comes does on that person(s) HARD! Use them to set an example.

I hope that if someone is helping to hide them that the law comes does on that person(s) HARD! Use them to set an example.

Absolutely! Anyone helping should have max penalties for harboring them!

They usually don't show all the footage, people have short attention spans and they want them to focus on the front facial pics.
I think this is an important part of the diversion. To set an appearance standard.

Head somewhere to shave the beard-cut ET's hair and redye it darker-(hunch)

I wish I could photoshop TC with no beard and 3 week longer hair brushed back to expose a bit o baldness, and ET with short brown hair. Front bangs long tapering back to short in back making her look older as a thought for speculation.

she needs to be found soon!

I saw a man today that looked like Tad from a distance at a local Wal-Mart. I was unbuckling my kids as he walked past and I did a double take then quickly scanned down the aisle for his car. I saw a silver SUV and got briefly excited. Then I realized it was a CRV and had local plates. Still undetered I got the kids and quickly followed him into the store. Upon a closer look I realized he was pushing 70...Oops. I am constantly looking for these 2 even though I know the chance they went North is probably slim. The man was wearing a veteran's hat and it had me thinking how something so subtle could really hide them well. Not that I think they are doing old age makeups every outing, but I think they knew they would be spotted on that OKC video and intentionally went in barely changed. It was to a)stroke Tad's ego about how "clever" he is and b) to throw out the idea they were headed somewhere they weren't.

Does anyone else think a third party might be providing a place to live? If they are sleeping in the car (mattress fitting in the back of the Rouge) they would have to either 1- eat out or 2- camp out. I just do not see camping/off the grid as a long term or even three week plan for them. There are all kinds of groups and forums online--- many shady I'm sure, where TC might have made a contact. Surely LE has checked with his immediate and extended family members but maybe he was involved in some kind of Fall/Spring group online.

I just can't wrap my head around them being on the move, out and about for three weeks without someone seeing them.

ETA--- sorry if off topic. I haven't read today's posts. [emoji15]

I wouldn't rule it out. We have very little information at our disposal.

However, I think it is perfectly possible to be on the move for more that three weeks without being spotted. As another regular poster observed, it's a big country.

And who knows if they haven't already been spotted several times, and the authorities were not able to confirm the sightings? I'm sure that the TBI and FBI are keeping track of the locations where the tips originate. I wish they would have another press conference and just say "we believe they may be in _____" so that we can concentrate our efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli