Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What else happened on that case though?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

He cut a deal it appears but I'm still looking. He was polish and they didn't know his real name so he cut a deal or something to that effect.

ETA - she wouldn't not cooperate and was 17 by the trial it appears. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

He cut a deal it appears but I'm still looking. He was polish and they didn't know his real name so he cut a deal or something to that effect.
There had to be a major deal if they charged him with aggravated kidnapping.

What else happened on that case though?

There were extenuating circumstances, the most serious of which was that she refused to testify against him.

I sincerely hope that your estimate is more accurate, but I was blown away after a poster suggested that I look at Amber's case. I am still
:jawdrop:

http://www.bakersfield.com/news/bre...cle_84aba3bf-b9a1-538d-bb13-851d1d1aeca0.html

^ Proof that I don't make this stuff up.

Amber was 16 and "Max" (Maciej) 48 and she went with him from Bakersfield, CA to TX. Now, there were extenuating circumstances, such as her refusal to testify against him. Still, prosecutors dropped ELEVEN felony counts against him.

Shocking, eh?

They dropped 11 felony charges? They didn't even get him for kidnapping. that's just crazy! and then the DA says this: [FONT=&quot]“I believe it’s fair, for the crime,” Chief Deputy District Attorney Mark Pafford said of the case’s resolution.

[/FONT]
:notgood:

There were extenuating circumstances, the most serious of which was that she refused to testify against him.

I sincerely hope that your estimate is more accurate, but I was blown away after a poster suggested that I look at Amber's case. I am still :jawdrop:
My guess is that other case is very much the exception.

They have proof TC groomed her in the emails.

The US Code for Federal Kidnapping.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1201
829e946d458cedec850279a107bd37ac.jpg

As much as some believe otherwise, I don't believe it has been established that he kidnapped her. I'm pretty sure they will decide on the charges after she is recovered, and gives a statement. Not before.

My guess is that other case is very much the exception.

They have proof TC groomed her in the emails.

I really hope that it is.

But I want to steel myself for the worst case scenario.

I also posted about a friend of mine whose husband molested his stepdaughter and niece. He got 5 years. FIVE, and is out now. He cannot be anywhere near the young women, but he rebuilt his life in another community. Justice is fickle.

As much as some believe otherwise, I don't believe it has been established that he kidnapped her. I'm pretty sure they will decide on the charges after she is recovered, and gives a statement. Not before.
Well they found something that caused them to charge him with aggravated kidnapping like 5 days after.

She's 15, I would think that seals the deal!

They do have witness statements saying she was afraid of this guy, the driver taking her to Shoneys said she was hesitant, her sister said ET said to call the cops if she wasn't home by 6, coworkers saying she would tell them to tell TC she was not there when he came to see her at work.

I think theres at least initial evidence to suggest he had undue influence over her.

This man really has nothing left to live for. This is getting scarier by the minute.

He's got plenty to live for. He cannot leave his children and grandchildren with a legacy of abducting a 15 year old, holding her against her will and then taking his life. He's got children, grandchildren and a woman who gave him 31 years of her life, and friends and a community who he needs to make atonement to. He's got a child with him that he owes the chance for full life. He's got lots to live for and plenty of opportunity to do the right thing after all the wrong things he's done.

I'm sorry I just don't see it that way.

I look at this way: If he's reading here, which one do I want him to read?

They are calling her a teen runaway in that article. They have already said ET was kidnapped.

That has not been established, and I don't think it's collaborated by the Walmart video. I'm sure the charges will be decided after TC is arrested, not before. The two cases are very similar.

They do have witness statements saying she was afraid of this guy, the driver taking her to Shoneys said she was hesitant, her sister said ET said to call the cops if she wasn't home by 6, coworkers saying she would tell them to tell TC she was not there when he came to see her at work.

I think theres at least initial evidence to suggest he had undue influence over her.

I was just getting ready to type the same exact thing plus, that is AFTER all the grooming that IMO started when she was 14 yrs old.

She's 15, I would think that seals the deal!

The other girl was 16. They still have to prove she was kidnapped. That will be very difficult, with the video of the two of them walking around Walmart together. I can't see any reason the case will not be plea bargained the same way.

The other girl was 16. They still have to prove she was kidnapped. That will be very difficult, with the video of the two of them walking around Walmart together. I can't see any reason the case will not be plea bargained the same way.

Reasons I can see are...

She told people she was afraid of him.
She comes back and testifies to the fact she was afraid of him.

I was almost going to agree with you until you brought up the fact thats she's walking in Walmart with him. People do all kinds of things in an abusive relationship when they are scared.

I will agree that it appears she is a runaway and I believe the cops even called her and endangered runaway. But there are too many reports where ET said she is afraid of this man.

What she says when she comes back will be interesting but they will get him with a few more charges than that other guy especially since he took 2 weapons as well.

I look at this way: If he's reading here, which one do I want him to read?

With all due respect, if TC is reading here, then he has undoubtedly seen the links including Jill's early plea (to release ET and come home) and the link to ET's dad's agonizing plea for her release. If neither of those has influenced him, nothing we post here will. IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostlyDarling