Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how I feel about that.

The authorities are pretty worried since he took a firearm. I'm inclined to trust the authorities as they probably have a bit more information than we do.

BUT I'm hopeful that there is some humanity still left in this man and he does the right thing.

I'm sorry I just don't see it that way.

I have hope he has enough to live for and may wish to redeem as well. I pray he has a change of heart and a return to reason and chooses to release her and accept the consequences of his choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's got plenty to live for. He cannot leave his children and grandchildren with a legacy of abducting a 15 year old, holding her against her will and then taking his life. He's got children, grandchildren and a woman who gave him 31 years of her life, and friends and a community who he needs to make atonement to. He's got a child with him that he owes the chance for full life. He's got lots to live for and plenty of opportunity to do the right thing after all the wrong things he's done.

He might not be able to face the shame. It might be too scary and overwhelming to think about putting his life back together and deal with whatever his punishment is. If guilt starts to creep in might think after all he's done they would be better off without him. Or maybe without ET he thinks has nothing to live for.

It would be great if he were to do the right thing, or for them to be found and both be okay, but there's a possibility he'll think his life is over when he's caught.

I have hope he has enough to live for and may wish to redeem as well. I pray he has a change of heart and a return to reason and chooses to release her and accept the consequences of his choices.

I too hope he chooses to release her, soon, very soon, and I also hope he chooses to accept the consequences for all he has done to this poor girl. Atonement? That's a whole other issue.

He's got plenty to live for. He cannot leave his children and grandchildren with a legacy of abducting a 15 year old, holding her against her will and then taking his life. He's got children, grandchildren and a woman who gave him 31 years of her life, and friends and a community who he needs to make atonement to. He's got a child with him that he owes the chance for full life. He's got lots to live for and plenty of opportunity to do the right thing after all the wrong things he's done.

I don't believe he sees it this way. I hope I'm wrong. He doesn't seem to be giving a single thought to JC (and the predicament he left her in), their kids, grandkids, friends....he simply walked away from all of them. I hope he's brought to justice and I hope Elizabeth returns home safely.

I'm sorry I just don't see it that way.

Me neither, but I respect everybody's right to their own opinions. IMHO, he sold one of the guns for cash and is only going to use the other one for snakes.

Unfortunately, and I hate to post this, he may not serve a lot of time for his crimes. :cow:

Me neither, but I respect everybody's right to their own opinions. IMHO, he sold one of the guns for cash and is only going to use the other one for snakes.

Unfortunately, and I hate to post this, he may not serve a lot of time for his crimes. :cow:

Yes I respect everybody's opinion too.

There's only one way he won't serve a lot of time.

Yes I respect everybody's opinion too.

There's only one way he won't serve a lot of time.

The reason I say that is because another poster called my attention to the case of Amber Woolwine about 9 threads ago. I was shocked to discover that Maciej Ignaciuk was only sentenced to two years, eight months for a very similar crime.

The reason I say that is because another poster called my attention to the case of Amber Woolwine about 9 threads ago. I was shocked to discover that Maciej Ignaciuk was only sentenced to two years, eight months for a very similar crime.

Wow that's not good. I am expecting a lot more than that here.

As a nurse I will say I have never in 21 years moved a patient to the floor from bed to do cpr- a chair yes, but not a bed. We have boards we slide under them as myself and one other person would have great difficulty lifting the majority of patients safely to the floor- rolling is much easier. Depending where I worked we have had beds that convert the headboard to a slide board of sorts and we now even have cpr buttons on beds that automatically deflate the bed.

All that said I still don't believe IMO the bed was being used to teach cpr to students. I am also certified to teach all levels of cpr and the level of cpr this man IMO is qualified to teach doesn't involve hospital beds.

I think it was more for the other classes like CNA, PCT etc. not that much of this matters in this discussion at this point -you all discussed this hours ago while I was at work LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have learned CPR and I have witnessed EMTs performing it on at least two occasions, in that exact situation. I have never seen them use boards in bed. In both cases they moved the victim to the floor. I can't find any information on performing CPR in a chair. I have no idea how that would work. Watch the video of TC teaching it. He was teaching it on the floor, not in a bed.

TIP: Person must be on firm, flat surface.
Remove CPR breathing barrier when giving
chest compressions.

American Red Cross Adult First Aid/CPR/AED

Q: If I find a victim on a bed, should I move them to the floor so that I have a hard surface under her back?
A:
Move the victim to a firm surface to give CPR. Make sure that you support the victim's head and neck. If you are alone and can't move the victim, find something flat and firm. Slide it under the victim's back to provide a hard surface.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

I wish TC was a person who looked at it the way you do.

Sadly, I don't think he cares about his family at all. His pattern of behavior makes me doubt he was ever sincere in his role as husband to JC and father and grandfather. I have a nagging suspicion that when this story unravels, we are only going to hear more and more disturbing information on TC and his deviant behavior.

I hope the Thomas family can prevail with their petition to compel witnesses to talk. There has got to be more to this and I don't believe that people don't know more. Considering the danger that TC presents to ET, IMO the witnesses don't have the luxury of holding back any information.

Clearly some of those people didn't do the right thing when they had the chance to help protect the victim, ET. IMO if they have any shred of morality, they will fully disclose any information and cooperate with LE. IMO, withholding cooperation or information that might help lead to the rescue of ET and the capture of TC is unforgiveable and shameful. The silence of people in that community led to the kidnapping of ET and the potential victimization due to grooming of another student. Now a legal petition is required to prompt their cooperation? Just despicable behavior from people who ET's family trusted to keep her safe.

JMHO. I'm feeling the frustration and anger the Thomas family must be consumed with. :(

He might not be able to face the shame. It might be too scary and overwhelming to think about putting his life back together and deal with whatever his punishment is. If guilt starts to creep in might think after all he's done they would be better off without him. Or maybe without ET he thinks has nothing to live for.

It would be great if he were to do the right thing, or for them to be found and both be okay, but there's a possibility he'll think his life is over when he's caught.
That US Code Aggravated Kidnapping is a minimum of 20 years. He will get life as a child molester. We all know what jail is like for that.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I don't see how he won't. He is charged with something that carries a minimum 20 year sentence. The proof of that charge is Walmart in OKC.

He crossed state lines.

I drive a silver car and have walked up to more than one car that looks like mine before I realized that it was not. It is a very, very common color.

As for Rogues, I have learned how to spot them from all sides. Honestly, it took me a few days. There are other SUVs that have a similar shape. But now, I can recognize the front, side, or back by the Nissan logo, the cat's eyes taillights and little overhang above the rear window and, of course, 'Rogue' on the left rear of the hatch, and the distinctive shape of the rear side windows. There are a couple of SUVs that look similar, so I trained myself to be able to tell them apart.

I find my silver Honda Civic by pushing the car alarm button, and seeing which lights flash. LOL.

The US Code for Federal Kidnapping.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1201
829e946d458cedec850279a107bd37ac.jpg

I find my silver Honda Civic by pushing the car alarm button, and seeing which lights flash. LOL.

:floorlaugh:

I find my silver Mazda 6 the same way or by looking for the very, very loud Hawaiian print seat covers.:heartluv:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostlyDarling