Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel he might have been thinking he could live more freely south of the border. It's top on my list of where they may have gone. Either that or hanging in the woods somewhere. Logic doesn't have to apply. In several of these cases and similar ones, perps hid in the woods. What was their plan? How did they expect it would end up?

If he didn't think they could live undetected in Mexico or some place like that, then I worry about the lack of long-range plans. Some predators become so obsessed their ultimate goal is just to spend some time with their victim before ending it all.

What is your opinion with respect to how likely ( or even possible) it is that they could have crossed the border? From what several posters have shared here, the general consensus seems to be that crossing the border without documentation is not all that difficult. I'm happy to go with that, since I really don't have a clue. But what happens once they do cross the border (assuming that was the plan)? How would they make money? Where would they live ? Surely they couldn't legally marry, could they?

I'm utterly clueless wrt how anything works in Mexico.

Elizabeth Smart's Father Says Teen Who Vanished With Teacher May Be Brainwashed

by Inside Edition 4:23 PM EDT, April 4, 2017

The father of Elizabeth Smart says that schoolteacher Tad Cummins may have 15-year-old Beth Thomas under his spell.

Ed Smart, whose daughter was snatched from her Utah bedroom in 2002 at age 14 in one of America's most notorious kidnapping cases, told Inside Edition that Cummins is manipulating his former pupil, and is "trying to get her into thinking he's doing her this great favor." ...

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...-who-vanished-with-teacher-may-be-brainwashed

The going to Mexico theory fits with the route. If they were looking to cross into Mexico in a place like El Paso (which makes sense), one of the three routes on Google Maps puts them through OKC. I'm sure in the hundreds of pages, someone has already pointed this out, but I figured I would just in case not.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 397
Elizabeth Smart's Father Says Teen Who Vanished With Teacher May Be Brainwashed

by Inside Edition 4:23 PM EDT, April 4, 2017

The father of Elizabeth Smart says that schoolteacher Tad Cummins may have 15-year-old Beth Thomas under his spell.

Ed Smart, whose daughter was snatched from her Utah bedroom in 2002 at age 14 in one of America's most notorious kidnapping cases, told Inside Edition that Cummins is manipulating his former pupil, and is "trying to get her into thinking he's doing her this great favor." ...

http://www.insideedition.com/headli...-who-vanished-with-teacher-may-be-brainwashed

Oh, good, more publicity!

I have to say that, inititally, I wasn't buying into the theory that they fled the country. But, I dunno...maybe the whole "plan" was just to get to Mexico and then figure the rest out from there?

That poor woman...she is going through hell. But I don't see how she'll be able to get alimony from him, since she's working and he has no job.
Can't another charge just be added to his present list? Another case, another list!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Teaching pension? I don't know… Equity in their home if they own the home together? I don't really know. Maybe she feels she gave 31 years of her life to him, maybe she supported him along the way? And who knows how much alimony?
Personally, I don't think she will receive it, because if in the event there is an incident with LE and he won't back down, maybe he will be shot and will be dead. I can see that outcome happening in the future, perhaps.

IMOO.
Hopefully life insurance. Must stop with sarcasm, sorry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

JC can ask for anything she wants to in the divorce papers, and it will likely be granted, unless TC either shows up in court or has an attorney show up on his behalf.

I don't see that happening, do you ?

Two weeks today since the last verified sighting. Nothing new, huh ?

I've read most of the stuff on this case. I just thought I'd chime in on some personal experience from being on the road for a few weeks. Last summer, I drove from PA to Colorado. I spent 17 days on the road, driving all around the state and into Eastern Utah. Of the 17 days, I roughed it all but 3 nights, which I spent in a hotel. I either, car camped, slept in my car at a rest stop/Walmart or backpacked out into the wilderness. You can actually sleep in Walmart parking lots, so if he tends to frequent them, that could be a possibility too.

Anyway, I only spent about 1,000 bucks on that trip and actually about 300 or more was spent those three nights in hotels. I did go grocery shopping before the trip and actually took a ton of food out there. So, depending on how much he actually brought beforehand, would depend on how much he'd have to spend. Next to those two items, gas was my other high priced item. Obviously if they stay put somewhere, they won't be burning through any more money on that. I could've definitely done the trip spending far less than I did.

If you are willing to rough it, you definitely don't need to spend a lot of money. Granted, I can't see him and her doing that too well. I'm kind of used to it, as I probably spent 40 nights last year either camping or sleeping in my car. Also, he does have to feed two people, not one (if he's the only one with $).

If he is out west, there are lots of National Forest lands. They allow you to stay, even with a car at certain spots for up to 14 straight days for free. Some of that is hard for them to enforce, especially in the mountains just outside of populated areas like Denver. A lot of drifter types in those National Forests for LE to keep track of.

I definitely think they could last a bit longer with the $ they brought along, if they knew what they were doing and it wasn't something they were uncomfortable with. However, I don't really think that is the case for them, as I think this would be a big lifestyle change for them.

That poor woman...she is going through hell. But I don't see how she'll be able to get alimony from him, since she's working and he has no job.
She will probably be awarded anything she wants. I don't see him ever working to make money to pay her any alimony. My guess this was all added for legal reasons.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

What is your opinion with respect to how likely ( or even possible) it is that they could have crossed the border? From what several posters have shared here, the general consensus seems to be that crossing the border without documentation is not all that difficult. I'm happy to go with that, since I really don't have a clue. But what happens once they do cross the border (assuming that was the plan)? How would they make money? Where would they live ? Surely they couldn't legally marry, could they?

I'm utterly clueless wrt how anything works in Mexico.

It's very easy to just drive across the border with no stop. I do it all the time.

I don't really know how they would survive down there or not get caught. But I do know that people have done it. Here is a case eerily similar to this one:

McCallister, who vanished in August 2004 at age 16, said she was drugged and taken to Mexico against her will by her then-boyfriend, her aunt Florence Volzka told the Associated Press.
Judy Weise, a family friend, told the Journal Sentinel that McCallister had started dating the 22-year-old man — who is now wanted on sexual assault charges against a different alleged victim — when she was an honor-roll student at Athens High School.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/07/connie-mccallister-found-mexico_n_4232063.html

Here's a parental abduction:

Llorens was located in Mexico through information from a confidential informant, Klein said.
But Sabrina Allen has been through so much emotional trauma that she isn't allowed to immediately see her father. She's in solid physical health but hasn't been in school for a while, her father said. She is now under the care of a clinical psychologist in Texas.
"I haven't gotten to see her yet," Greg Allen said Wednesday.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/01/us/missing-texas-girl-sabrina-allen-found/

I had wondered before if he had daughters/granddaughters that ET could use their id's.
On his side, he could very well be using a son's id's. (As well as credit). This would get him a job.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

“The Stockholm syndrome is known by other names such as trauma bonding or terror bonding; however, this syndrome is not frequently seen in hostage scenarios, and its diagnostic criteria are not listed in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-V).”

Source: Namnyak, M.; Tufton, N.; Szekely, R.; Toal, M.; Worboys, S.; Sampson, E. L. (2007). “‘Stockholm syndrome’: Psychiatric diagnosis or urban myth?”. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica 117 (1): 4–11.

But not being included in a text of medical diagnoses does not mean that Stockholm Syndrome is not a psychological phenomenom that occurs.

An analogy: We are discovering new organism species all the time, and prior to discovery they were, of course, undocumented. Does that mean they didn't exist? No, not unless they somehow spontaneously generated at the exact moment of discovery.

This argument about Stockholm Syndrome shouldn't hinge on inclusion in a text. It is not logical or prudent.

TC and ET together stick out more than either one of them going into a store alone. I wonder if TC thinks he has to keep ET "with him"? It would be interesting to know if ET and TC separated at all in the OK City Walmart.

If TC doesn't trust ET to be much out of arm's reach he's kind of limited in where he can go and what he can do.

Very good point!

Yeah the alimony thing is a real long shot at this point.

I have to say that, inititally, I wasn't buying into the theory that they fled the country. But, I dunno...maybe the whole "plan" was just to get to Mexico and then figure the rest out from there?
LE was notified in Mexico. Wondering if the authorities would report it?

Yeah the alimony thing is a real long shot at this point.
Not really. They have 'real property' - a house, and he may (or may not) have a pension. The court will take his half of the assets to pay the alimony for life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en