Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
TC can run and hide for weeks; though there is little desirable about living on the run. All the inspirational poetry and motivational memes on SM aren't going to get either one of them through this psychologically. JMO That makes me believe that ET does not have any opportunity to call home or to get to a safe place. They can't be having any fun IMO - an idealistic 15 year old with her whole life in front of her with a disordered weathered old fool who has abandoned everything he had boasted about previously.

Their time is nearing an end. There will be money, medical and other problems. I hope there is a sighting soon. I hope that there has been enough coverage on this. There is nothing where I live but I do not live in the geographic areas where they have been sighted.

ET get to safety. Alert people identify them. Let either one of these happen soon.

I agree, and I am very concerned that Elizabeth may not have the means to either call home (no working phone) nor get away (she does not drive). I am even more worried because we don't have the first clue as to where they are right now.

I'm not a legal person, but maybe someone helped ET and/or TC, and then he/she lied about doing it because obviously it's illegal; and also it helped contribute to putting ET in danger. And then maybe someone else is not saying, either, all they know in order to protect the first someone. And now the judge is protecting her/him with his denial of the motion. I would guess it's because there would be a lot of outrage if people knew who or what actually happened. I know i put in a lot of 'and thens.' Jeez, I don't know, and I'm probably wrong. I never even thought anyone would help TC. I thought a teen might help ET, but again don't know. I just hope if they know more, they will somehow 'spill the beans' to LE.

It's possible. I'm more worried that another teen was helping them because of past abuse by TC. I think teachers wouldn't want to say anything because that would set up a hostile work environment. Add to this the bullying behavior by TC of people he worked with and then having to possibly say things that might harm JC. It's tough. I get it, but a child's safety is at stake and I'd hate for those who aren't cooperating to try to live with the guilt if ET is harmed and they could have prevented it. Let's face it, even if someone thought ET needed saving, this man wasn't looking to do anything other than exploit her for his own gratification. There were plenty of other avenues to "protect" ET than by molesting her in his classroom, stalking her at work and kidnapping her.

I think its actually good news.

The court filing was denied but the judge is saying there are things that need clarifying. He wants to specificially know who the attorney wants to question. TC must be notified and since he is missing they will post a public notification after which 20 days have elapsed they will go back to court AND TC gets an appointed attorney.

Looks like May 1 is new court date after the above 3 things are taken care of.

Any idea how much money Elizabeth may have saved up from her PT job? I remember having a LOT more play money at that age from babysitting and after school work at the mall because I didn't have to pay for anything. She may have made up to a few hundred per week with not much to spend it on. And it's possible she got money for Christmas or sold some of her gifts.

IIRC none, that TC was giving her money as part of the grooming.

I think its actually good news.

The court filing was denied but the judge is saying there are things that need clarifying. He wants to specificially know who the attorney wants to question. TC must be notified and since he is missing they will post a public notification after which 20 days have elapsed they will go back to court AND TC gets an appointed attorney.

Looks like May 1 is new court date after the above 3 things are taken care of.

Hopefully those names will be sealed, since I think the hope was they might be more forthcoming with what they know if their names weren't public.

Thomas family attorney makes case for deposing witnesses before suspect, missing teen found

Parkes listened to Whatley’s reasoning for the unusual legal request and said he found only one other similar motion in Tennessee case law. He said it was patterned after federal case law, which does not allow lawyers the ability to depose witnesses for discovery.

“Your statement that we would like to shore this up before trial is contrary to the federal rulings,” Parkes said. “While I would love this court to be of assistance [in finding Thomas], I have to follow the rule of law.”
Whatley argued the testimony was not for discovery, which is a pretrial action to receive material from another party or legal counsel in a case, but for information from witnesses.
“We want to perserve testimony,” Whatley said after the heqaring. “That is our primary goal. Discovery is secondary.”

http://www.columbiadailyherald.com/...g-witnesses-before-suspect-missing-teen-found

Is this girl really a friend of Elizabeth's or is she more of an acquaintance? How long have they been friends? How did they meet? I almost think she and her parents are friends of Tad's more than Elizabeth and maybe he encouraged the friendship knowing their loyalty lies with him vs her. IMO

I have a daughter nearly this age and I can't imagine telling her anything other than be truthful with the police, whatever the truth may be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They met at school and she really only hung out with her because she had a car and could take her to Walmart

Well, he did spend time in Nashville TN. He got a degree from Tennessee State University in 2014. Nashville is a big enough city to disappear in. He could have met someone there in his time studying who might be helping him. Another article I read said something about there being evidence he had planned to disappear for "some time" whatever that means. Big cities are easy to hide in, Nashville is an area he'd be familiar with. If he's still got the Rogue the TN plates wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb. People usually go somewhere they know. ET would fit in around a college environment, she'd be able to blend.

They met at school and she really only hung out with her because she had a car and could take her to Walmart

You had said she began working to afford her makeup for special effects. Did she use regular make up for this or use specialy makeup for this?

Those couple of people that already know they need to answer questions need to go ahead and do it rather than putting others who have no information from being dragged into this mess.

Amazing, witness is 16 and able to drive legally. Is she legally held responsible for what happens when she is behind the wheel? But family has to go through so much legal action to get her to talk!
What about those laptops in the community, seems like they could contain some valuable info...are they disappearing like the vehicle. Kat, you are a better woman than me. Don't think this town and me would survive. Like in the beginning, say Jesus take the wheel, just wouldn't have your stamina. Praying for the best for you and your family.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

You had said she began working to afford her makeup for special effects. Did she use regular make up for this or use specialy makeup for this?

Both. Depending on what she was doing.

Well, he did spend time in Nashville TN. He got a degree from Tennessee State University in 2014. Nashville is a big enough city to disappear in. He could have met someone there in his time studying who might be helping him. Another article I read said something about there being evidence he had planned to disappear for "some time" whatever that means. Big cities are easy to hide in, Nashville is an area he'd be familiar with. If he's still got the Rogue the TN plates wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb. People usually go somewhere they know. ET would fit in around a college environment, she'd be able to blend.

But their faces are in the news a lot. I don't watch news as much as I should (too much politics for my taste), but my neighbor who is 80+ does and said this story about Elizabeth was on the OH news after it happened (a Cleveland channel). Here is hoping the word is getting spread around. In the case of Hannah Anderson, I don't know if they spotted them because their pics were on the news. I remember the people who saw them in the woods said that they just appeared 'off.' Hope somebody spots this unlikely duo, as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it's important to remember that if she's skilled in special effects makeup, they could have changed their appearances drastically.

I found this to be interesting.

District Attorney Brent Cooper, who is investigating the criminal case against Cummins, did not attend Monday’s hearing. He later told The Daily Herald he saw no harm in the Thomas family pursuing its own investigation, even though he’s never seen a defense attorney conduct a concurrent investigation.

“I do not think it jeopardizes our investigation,” Cooper said. “I believe the people he wants to interview already have been interviewed by law enforcement. It could create some issues. If he deposes someone and they give a conflicting statement of what they gave to law enforcement, it could impact their credibility at trial.

I guess it depends on which side the witness who may give conflicting statements falls. If it helps the defense at a crimminal trial this may not be in the best interest of the State.

But then again what's more important? ET's safe return is what's most important in my opinion.

http://www.columbiadailyherald.com/...g-witnesses-before-suspect-missing-teen-found

I think it's important to remember that if she's skilled in special effects makeup, they could have changed their appearances drastically.

Good point! I was also thinking about places that sell the makeup and making sure they're notified. I'm not sure where that kind of makeup is sold?

Good point! I was also thinking about places that sell the makeup and making sure they're notified. I'm not sure where that kind of makeup is sold?

If she is into specific high end brands, they are often only sold on exclusive stores. Kat, do you know some of her fav brands?

Does she have an Ulta or other Beauty Store rewards card (helps you earn free makeup)? Those stores could be alerted too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member