Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really a lot of time. I wonder how the pay schedule worked at that school? Monthly? Weekly? Depending on when he was paid, he could have taken his check and drained the acct's and left. Maybe that's what tipped her off, she went to purchase something and it didn't go through?

A month seems like a long time when you are planning something to me:). It was certainly long enough for him to take out a loan. idk

I used to know a spec ed teacher and she was paid monthly but that was back in the 80's in TX. She also got paid during the summer when school was out her reg pay.

I wished we knew more info re what he took. The LE was forthcoming with the 4500 loan why not be forthcoming on what else he took other than 2 guns?

A month seems like a long time when you are planning something to me:). It was certainly long enough for him to take out a loan. idk

I used to know a spec ed teacher and she was paid monthly but that was back in the 80's in TX. She also got paid during the summer when school was out her reg pay.

I wished we knew more info re what he took. The LE was forthcoming with the 4500 loan why not be forthcoming on what else he took other than 2 guns?

Some schools allow teachers to receive the entire salary during the school year, but I'm not sure how this school works and I can't seem to find anything on the state ed website. If they did allow teachers to choose receive their salary during the school year only and he was paid monthly, he could have left with a nice bit of money. Especially if he waited until JC's salary hit the accounts and took hers as well.

Not really a lot of time. I wonder how the pay schedule worked at that school? Monthly? Weekly? Depending on when he was paid, he could have taken his check and drained the acct's and left. Maybe that's what tipped her off, she went to purchase something and it didn't go through?

Local here. Paydays are the 15th and 31st. If either of those dates fall on the weekend, payday is that Friday.

Okay, looked at the salary table and he couldn't have been making more than 40K per year. They did offer 401K, so he may have been able to take a loan on that if he had one. Can't find how often they pay, but it looks like they've already posted his job.
https://ats4.searchsoft.net/ats/job...PPLICANT_TYPE_ID=00000001&COMPANY_ID=MA000230

Buggers, I'm wrong. He could have been making more. He ran the HOSA program and was paid for that as well. Not sure if he was involved in any other extracurricular activities at the school, but he could have been making up to 47K if I'm reading the benefits package material correctly and the differentiated pay scale. Sorry about that.

Local here. Paydays are the 15th and 31st. If either of those dates fall on the weekend, payday is that Friday.

Do they have the option of a 10 month pay period?

It is very strange that TC took the only vehicle his wife could drive. you would think that taking the Jeep would have bought him more time. Wonder if there were problems with the Jeep? Wish I had saved it but I recall one article stating that it appeared TC began planning the abduction after he was suspended. With that kind of timeline, we can be pretty sure he didn't have time to gather too much money.

Well he took out a title loan on one of the cars. So hopefully it wasn't the one that he left behind.

Now I think he received close to $4500 or it was the estimated bluebook value where he may have received less.

But anyways. Those loans are very high in interest fees.

His poor wife. Hopefully she can make it without his income.

I wonder if he was using the "job interview" as a reason to drive her car.
IIIRC He researched mattresses that would fit a Rogue so that it appeared that he planned on using it overnight at least some point. They would not be able to do that in a jeep.

Do they have the option of a 10 month pay period?

This is the first year of a 12-month option. I can't remember if the 10-month was still an option or if everyone was switched over the the 12-month pay period.

I feel such anxiety over this case. I cannot fathom what her family is going through.
Time to come home MCET.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the first year of a 12-month option. I can't remember if the 10-month was still an option or if everyone was switched over the the 12-month pay period.

So payday would have been 2 days after he left, so unlikely he had much more than the 4500. Makes his timing seem a bit desperate. If he'd waited two more days, he would have had more money, but then maybe he wouldn't have had that 24 window of opportunity.

Well he took out a title loan on one of the cars. So hopefully it wasn't the one that he left behind.

Now I think he received close to $4500 or it was the estimated bluebook value where he may have received less.

Well, Dex, considering that he was going to be income-less, after having been fired (for cause), at least she doesn't have to feed him now.

If I were his wife, I would sell his beloved jeep for $1. I know this isn't feasible, but I wish she could do it!

Well, Dex, considering that he was going to be income-less, after having been fired (for cause), at least she doesn't have to feed him now.

Lol. 1 big happy yardsale is about to go down.

So payday would have been 2 days after he left, so unlikely he had much more than the 4500. Makes his timing seem a bit desperate. If he'd waited two more days, he would have had more money, but then maybe he wouldn't have had that 24 window of opportunity.

Still could have had access to that money. We don't know do we?

closed for review

Folks, I cannot stress this strongly enough. If you see a post that you feel is over the line or violates the rules, alert on it and move on. Don't quote it, respond to it or refer to it. It only creates more work for the mods and that sometimes involves closure of the thread, even if only briefly for cleanup.

thanks, tlcya

Still could have had access to that money. We don't know do we?

If he did access accounts to get his check, LE would have a little more info about where he was 2 days out. So let's hope so!

If he has more than the $4500 from the loan, I bet it likely came from income tax refund. It's that time of year. I just don't think he's that liquid otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member