Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am actually mad about dad wanting to deposition the same young kids of his own daughters age.

Jmo.

Because a deposition would make these young kids feel like co conspirators. Jmo.

Especially since they are young and gullible just like his baby girl. Jmo.

So did dad ever force a deposition upon his own daughters or kids?

I haven't read any court order that compels witness's to talk. Maybe I've missed it.

Does anyone know the consequences of a minor refusing to cooperate under court order?

I'm thinking as my 15 year old self. For example, if I made a promise to my best friend that I wouldn't tell her secret, I would keep my mouth shut. Of course if I thought she was in danger I may not, but if I didn't comprehend the danger I'd deny knowing anything, rolling my eyes like "yeah sure, Mr. Cummins isn't dangerous".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a great point. When I was in middle school, my friend wanted to run away to make a point about her alcoholic father. I knew where she was and said nothing. I knew that she was safe. She returned within two days. I feel terrible about it now thinking how scared her mom must have been.

It was wrong, but in my adolescent mind (7th grade) it made sense.

I am actually mad about dad wanting to deposition the same young kids of his own daughters age.

Jmo.

Because a deposition would make these young kids feel like co conspirators. Jmo.

These kids SHOULD be deposed. If there is reason to believe they know more than they've let on, they NEED share that for ET's sake and for LE to have all they need for their investigation.

If one of these kids were one of my kids, I'd be marching their behind down to the police station and you better believe they'd be spilling every last flipping bean.

There is a great way to handle this, and let those kids know they're doing their civic, moral duty to help LE catch a perv. There's no reason at all to make them feel like co-conspirators.

moo.

Jmo.

Do we know minors are being petitioned? (I read the petition when it came out, my brain has had to store other info since. Lol.)

If my minor child had info they weren't forthcoming with...i would be dragging them to LE to tell what they know. There is no way my kid would get away with silence while another is missing. If they refused to talk, I would absolutely let them be diposed. There are consequences for our actions and inactions. There is a child missing and being uncooperative is unacceptable. Period.

It's time for this to come to an end. Todd and Elizabeth should both be found by now. Todd should be in cuffs, Elizabeth reunited with her family.

I am officially now stating that the police are now held accountable. They have dropped the ball. They have 24 hours to bring a resolution to this or additional steps will be taken.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Putting myself into ET's head....

The case regarding her mother is coming up soon. Might she fear the mother regaining custody? For that matter, might she consciously or subconsciously blame her father for not preventing the abuse by the mother? (Not saying he was responsible, but in her head she might feel that he was, especially if TC encouraged that belief.)

If she fears the upcoming case, might she be willing to stay with TC even if it's uncomfortable/boring/scary because she sees him as the lesser of two evils?

These kids SHOULD be deposed. If there is reason to believe they know more than they've let on, they NEED share that for ET's sake and for LE to have all they need for their investigation.

If one of these kids were one of my kids, I'd be marching their behind down to the police station and you better believe they'd be spilling every last flipping bean.

There is a great way to handle this, and let those kids know they're doing their civic, moral duty to help LE catch a perv. There's no reason at all to make them feel like co-conspirators.

moo.

Absolutely. Same here.

It's time for this to come to an end. Todd and Elizabeth should both be found by now. Todd should be in cuffs, Elizabeth reunited with her family.

I am officially now stating that the police are now held accountable. They have dropped the ball. They have 24 hours to bring a resolution to this or additional steps will be taken.

What do you mean by "additional steps will be taken?"

At least one teen we know of, the one that took her to Shoneys, has changed her story a couple of times. The question is why? Compelling her under oath will at least hopefully get the truth to that day.

Regardless of what the truth is we all want the truth.

We keep talking about TC's past mission trips. Do we know for sure he ever even went on any of these trips or were they just fluff like his lucrative CIA career?

Absolutely. Same here.

This is the planet I'm from:

In the early 70's, when my older brother bullied a kid at school and made him cry, the school sent a letter home to my mom. As soon as mom got the letter, she put my brother in the car and drove to the student's house and marched him to the front door to have him apologize to the student AND his mother. Once that was done, he was grounded for like... life or something. I just remember him being home for a long time. I also remember it as a great example.

My brother grew up and became LE himself. I almost did too, but life had another plan for me (now I'm here, you're welcome, lol) Kids need parents with strong backbones that help them do the right thing for no other reason than, because it's the right thing. It IS that simple.

moo.

moo.

Know What?

Tad is running from the law with a minor.

So what do these kids know?

So are you saying that these kids aren't telling the truth?

But also believe that KT told them the truth?

While also believing that Tad told her the truth?

So my question is. Why would ET tell the entire plan to 1.

While leaving guessing games for her own siblings?

So do you think that any of her 15 year old friends are covering things up to help KT or Tad.

Btw. Wouldn't the feds Have seen all of the friends and ET communications by now?

So come on.

How many young girls are depositioned when their friend goes missing.

How Many?

What? "Officially" stating a threat towards the police? Really?

Putting myself into ET's head....

The case regarding her mother is coming up soon. Might she fear the mother regaining custody? For that matter, might she consciously or subconsciously blame her father for not preventing the abuse by the mother? (Not saying he was responsible, but in her head she might feel that he was, especially if TC encouraged that belief.)

If she fears the upcoming case, might she be willing to stay with TC even if it's uncomfortable/boring/scary because she sees him as the lesser of two evils?

I've been trying to decide how to say this but couldn't come up with the right way to say it. I don't want to blame her father, the man is going through hell. However not knowing the living situation prior - I've seen that the mother was removed from the home - was her father living in that house at the time? Idk. But it's possible that she blames or resents her father for not preventing the mother's abuse.

Know What?

I think this is ET's dad's desire for the legal action - to discover what these folks DO know. No matter how small, or seemingly insignificant. How they felt about TC, stuff they saw, stuff they heard, etc. so on and so forth.

Stuff they *should* have been forthcoming with, but for whatever reason have not. As a parent of 4 teens I totally get where ET's dad is coming from, but also from a LE perspective it's crucial that they know what these kids know/think/thought/feel/heard... you know?

Lol. Ya say ET was kidnapped.

But want to legally deposition her 15 year old friends as if they are lying about the kidnapping that took place. Lol

So you say Tad is deviant.

But now you say the friends know more from ETs words.

So what is it

Because how would her friends know Tads plans if this was a kidnapping that ET wasn't apart of while being surprised of the change of Tads plans?

Jmo.

Know What?

So do you think that any of her 15 year old friends are covering things up to help KT or Tad.

Btw. Wouldn't the feds Have seen all of the friends and ET communications by now?

So come on.

How many young girls are depositioned when their friend goes missing.

How Many?

We don't know who the petition is for exactly...unless I missed something.

If there are minors being petitioned who know something and won't talk, they need to be compelled to do so. Whether by their parents or under oath in a deposition. It's the RIGHT thing to do. And if nothing else, we should be teaching our kids that. Sometimes it has to comes through hard lessons. I don't know if kids involved are lying, but withholding information would be just as detrimental.

I don't know what pertinent information they could have. That's for LE to sort out.

JMO

Lol. Ya say ET was kidnapped.

But want to legally deposition her 15 year old friends as if they are lying about the kidnapping that took place. Lol

So you say Tad is deviant.

But now you say the friends know more from ETs words.

So what is it

Because how would her friends know Tads plans if this was a kidnapping that ET wasn't apart of while being surprised of the change of Tads plans?

Jmo.

There are strong suggestions she had some fear and misgivings about TC, from her reportedly hiding in the work bathroom from him to telling her sister to call the police if she didn't return.

It doesn't matter if ET went willingly or not (and we don't know she did), though, because she is not of age and therefore cannot give consent.

She may have told her friends a day trip was planned or may have told them he was making her uncomfortable hitting on her. Who knows? The point is anything they know could help fill in blanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member