Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #13 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Cooper and TC know each other, Cooper should step aside period.

[h=1]Sounds like the Maury County DA isn't quite so full of bluster anymore. He should be careful what he wishes for:[/h]"We don't care if she (Elizabeth) calls to tell them (her family), 'I'm happy, I'm with him. I'm happy and I don't want to come home.' At least then they'll know she's okay."

It's a police tactic.
Flooding the media (including SM) with posters, flyers, etc hasn't worked.
Aggressive talk in the media (by LE) hasn't worked.
The order to compel witnesses to give info under oath hasn't worked. (Yet)
His family coming forward with forgiveness hasn't worked.

They are minimizing his crime to make (hopefully) ET feel comfortable enough to reach out to her family.

If she does, they will have a lead. They need one. Right now.

ETA--Unfortunately, I think Tad knows all of the above.

It occurred to me that TC googled "teen marriage" because he plans to marry ET once she turns 16 and his divorce is final. He might be thinking "a wife cannot be forced to testify against her husband in court."
:cow:

Was just on Tad Cummins IG and there was a post about his youngest daughter being diagnosed with glioblastoma (brain tumor) on the first picture. I did what checking I could and find no references to this.

Could this be true? If it is, maybe Cummins will reach out to her? If this is true info, I can't imagine that Cummins (who I believe scours social media) could let his daughter go through something like this alone. But he has already proven himself to be a completely self-absorbed monster so it wouldn't surprise me.

I do not believe this! I think it is a ploy to get his attention so he will call.

If this announcement was true, IMO, it would have been announced on national news by LE.

Was just on Tad Cummins IG and there was a post about his youngest daughter being diagnosed with glioblastoma (brain tumor) on the first picture. I did what checking I could and find no references to this.

Could this be true? If it is, maybe Cummins will reach out to her? If this is true info, I can't imagine that Cummins (who I believe scours social media) could let his daughter go through something like this alone. But he has already proven himself to be a completely self-absorbed monster so it wouldn't surprise me.
Oh no! I pray this is not true.
My father in law died 4 months after his was diagnosed.
MOO

MOO

From the start, I've felt that the DA was in over his head with this. He has said some really obtuse things. This IMO is just another example. "At least then they'll know she's okay." Is he serious?!

Look at this another way. If she calls, then in addition to possibly getting a clue as to where they are, police know they're not looking for bodies.

It occurred to me that TC googled "teen marriage" because he plans to marry ET once she turns 16 and his divorce is final. He might be thinking "a wife cannot be forced to testify against her husband in court."

JMO
But I think he googled that before he left. He could not have known his wife would have taken that action to file for divorce before she actually did it which was not until after he had been gone for awhile.

I was beginning to wonder if she would even do that until we saw the news that she did.

I do agree that he had some sort of plans to really marry ET. I was thinking he was going to marry her even with his other marriage still in effect. I dont think he really cared about how legal the marriage was going to be. I wondered if they were going to Vegas to get one of those quicky marriages and he may have not cared about any real paperwork.

Maybe as a control mechanism to keep ET with him. To always be able to tell her "We are married now" even if it was not legal.

I do hope LE checks all those 24 hour type quicky marriage places in Vegas. I think some of those types of places do the ceremony and work on the real paperwork in the days afterward which he may have not cared about the paperwork part.

I wonder if any of them have any records that can be viewed by the public? That would be worth checking up on.

It sure would be a way for him to put some fake control over her.

JMO
But I think he googled that before he left. He could not have known his wife would have taken that action to file for divorce before she actually did it which was not until after he had been gone for awhile.

I was beginning to wonder if she would even do that until we saw the news that she did.

I do agree that he had some sort of plans to really marry ET. I was thinking he was going to marry her even with his other marriage still in effect. I dont think he really cared about how legal the marriage was going to be. I wondered if they were going to Vegas to get one of those quicky marriages and he may have not cared about any real paperwork.

Maybe as a control mechanism to keep ET with him. To always be able to tell her "We are married now" even if it was not legal.

I do hope LE checks all those 24 hour type quicky marriage places in Vegas. I think some of those types of places do the ceremony and work on the real paperwork in the days afterward which he may have not cared about the paperwork part.

I wonder if any of them have any records that can be viewed by the public? That would be worth checking up on.

It sure would be a way for him to put some fake control over her.

I'm leaning more and more toward the Las Vegas theory, although it was not on my top 3 list in the beginning. Rents are very, very low, there are abandoned houses to squat in, and the legal marriage age is 16. IMHO.

I'm leaning more and more toward the Las Vegas theory, although it was not on my top 3 list in the beginning. Rents are very, very low, there are abandoned houses to squat in, and the legal marriage age is 16. IMHO.

Yeah its definitely a possibility they were heading to Vegas when they were spotted in OKC. I-40 due west would have been a direct path to their.

I keep flip flopping on either Vegas or South Texas beaches.

I am going to try to lookup some of those Vegas 24 hour wedding places and see if any of them put records online. The problem with those types of places is I bet secrecy is a big part of their allure.

The whole "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas". So I doubt there would be much in the way of public records unless the participants want their information to be public and we know that TC would not want that.

NV marriage license records are public record. Clark County's online search is down but the page is here: http://www.clarkcountynv.gov/clerk/services/Pages/MarriageLicenseRecords.aspx

Can't imagine they could possibly pursue a legal marriage under their own names, though. Even at 16 you still need parental consent *and* judicial consent in NV. No way he'd take her in front of a judge even if he'd forged parental consent somehow. Either they'd be using fake ids or he'd pay some rando to "marry" them in some secret ceremony that's not remotely legally binding. IMO he may have done that search just to find enough info to convince ET it's possible so she would go along with him.

What the hell is that DA talking about? At least they will know she is ok? She will need extensive therapy after this and still may suffer long-term effects of this. It seems as if this DA is almost suggesting this is just another missing person case and not a 50 year old pervert abducting and manipulating the mind of a child. I am disgusted by that comment!

It MAY be a ruse to get her to think that it's OK if she wants to be with him, but should call to let her family know that she is OK........he has probably drilled in to her psyche to believe that SHE is in big trouble. JMO

It would be a shot in the dark and a lot of hard work but there are places where you can search photos of some of the weddings and places like this link below take photos with the hopes that you will order and buy some.

https://vivalasvegas.photoreflect.com/

I have been searching for info about living off the grid. What I have found is that it os indeed illegal in many states. I can't locate anything from an MSM source to link though.
There are many articles from "survivalist" sites and the tiny home revolution.
Some states will charge people with child endangerment, building code violations etc.
It seems as though a marine was kicked out of where he was trying to live off the grid.
Maybe that story has an MSM source.
Something to consider when thinking of locations with in the states of where TC could be.

MOO

MOO

NV marriage license records are public record. Clark County's online search is down but the page is here: http://www.clarkcountynv.gov/clerk/services/Pages/MarriageLicenseRecords.aspx

Can't imagine they could possibly pursue a legal marriage under their own names, though. Even at 16 you still need parental consent *and* judicial consent in NV. No way he'd take her in front of a judge even if he'd forged parental consent somehow. Either they'd be using fake ids or he'd pay some rando to "marry" them in some secret ceremony that's not remotely legally binding. IMO he may have done that search just to find enough info to convince ET it's possible so she would go along with him.

Ah, my bad, somehow I missed the "with parental consent" clause when I was researching.

I don't know who they'd find to do a not legally binding "marriage" either, considering that he is a fugitive. Still, Nevadans have a reputation for being MYOB kind of people. I don't know how reputation holds up to reality in a case like this.

This is some of what I have found.

A case in Kentucky:

"Her husband has been charged with menacing, which occurs when someone “intentionally places another person in reasonable apprehension of imminent physical injury,” according to Kentucky*state statute 508.050."

Read more at:
*http://mobile.wnd.com/2015/05/state-seizes-kids-from-family-living-off-grid/#mV0fxSkrEdQl2CVf.99

"On Sunday night, the Maury County Sheriff told News 2 there’s evidence that Cummins had been making plans to “live off the grid.”

"law enforcement officials believe the vehicle may have been abandoned at this point."

*http://clarksvillenow.com/local/additional-photos-of-amber-alert-victim-suspect-released/

Fines, legislation, and hostilities to those living off the grid are apt to include:

•Child Endangerment
•Condemning of the property as being unsafe
•Fines for having untreated waste on the property
•Building and Zoning fines
•Building without a permit
°Stealing water
•Stealing electricity and other resources
•Cruelty to animals
•Operating a business without a license (if you sell any of your goods).
•Unlawful disposal of hazardous materialsIf you use fertilizer then you may have the FEDs say you are a threat to Homeland Security.

*http://tipsforsurvivalists.com/states-with-laws-and-what-they-are-about-living-off-the-grid

MOO

He can not marry her until she turns 18, not 16, and I'm sure he knows that. And that is about the time his divorce will be final.

This is some of what I have found.

A case in Kentucky:

"Her husband has been charged with menacing, which occurs when someone “intentionally places another person in reasonable apprehension of imminent physical injury,” according to Kentucky*state statute 508.050."

Read more at:
*http://mobile.wnd.com/2015/05/state-seizes-kids-from-family-living-off-grid/#mV0fxSkrEdQl2CVf.99

"On Sunday night, the Maury County Sheriff told News 2 there’s evidence that Cummins had been making plans to “live off the grid.”

"law enforcement officials believe the vehicle may have been abandoned at this point."

*http://clarksvillenow.com/local/additional-photos-of-amber-alert-victim-suspect-released/

Fines, legislation, and hostilities to those living off the grid are apt to include:

•Child Endangerment
•Condemning of the property as being unsafe
•Fines for having untreated waste on the property
•Building and Zoning fines
•Building without a permit
°Stealing water
•Stealing electricity and other resources
•Cruelty to animals
•Operating a business without a license (if you sell any of your goods).
•Unlawful disposal of hazardous materialsIf you use fertilizer then you may have the FEDs say you are a threat to Homeland Security.

*http://tipsforsurvivalists.com/states-with-laws-and-what-they-are-about-living-off-the-grid

MOO

I still disagree that the vehicle has been abandoned, and if they haven't found it, LE can't say that for certain, either. I know that I am being stubborn, but it makes no sense to me to abandon your transportation when you are on the run.

I drive at night at least 3 times per week. You cannot make out the plate numbers, nor the make and model of a car when driving in a dark area at night. I think they have settled in somewhere, in a not-too-remote area and he is driving mostly at night and parking where the plate will not be noticed. With only ONE plate on the back of the vehicle, this is not hard to do. IMHO.

I still disagree that the vehicle has been abandoned, and if they haven't found it, LE can't say that for certain, either. I know that I am being stubborn, but it makes no sense to me to abandon your transportation when you are on the run.

I drive at night at least 3 times per week. You cannot make out the plate numbers, nor the make and model of a car when driving in a dark area at night. I think they have settled in somewhere, in a not-too-remote area and he is driving mostly at night and parking where the plate will not be noticed. With only ONE plate on the back of the vehicle, this is not hard to do.

Actually it does make sense to abandoned a vehicle if it has warrants. Not that I necessarily think they have abandoned it. But they are certainly not driving it.

Police patrol the roads 24/7/365. License plates have lights on them, so they can be read as easily at night, as in the day. Also police have ALPRs that can read license plate numbers at night. If traveling at night was a solution, all fugitives would be able to just travel at night and avoid capture. It's not that easy. It would be easier for them to travel in the daytime, when there are more cars on the road, and the police would be less likely to notice them.

Actually it does make sense to abandoned a vehicle if it has warrants. Not that I necessarily think they have abandoned it. But they are certainly not driving it.

Police patrol the roads 24/7/365. License plates have lights on them, so they can be read as easily at night, as in the day. Also police have ALPRs that can read license plate numbers at night. If traveling at night was a solution, all fugitives would be able to just travel at night and avoid capture. It's not that easy. It would be easier for them to travel in the daytime, when there are more cars on the road, and the police would be less likely to notice them.

That assumes that he's been close enough to a police vehicle to have had the plate read, and that he hasn't switched out or covered the plate with a paper plate. IMHO, it would be easier to switch the plate than ditch the car.

If they are not driving the car, and I agree that if they still have it, they are driving it as little as possible, then I'd like to know how they are getting to a store to buy food, because I don't think they are hunting and fishing.

IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members