Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #13 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Photo identification isn't required when using local subway systems in large cities. But when traveling beyond city limits on Amtrak you'll need an ID."

bbm

http://traveltips.usatoday.com/can-travel-photo-id-109287.html

I wonder if someone who lives in the area can confirm if this is a practice. I have gone from Virginia to Union Station in DC to NYC, New Jersey, Philadelphia, without showing ID. But I have never paid cash, always credit card.

bbm

Somethings do not compute, that are being "reported". JC even asked tad what was the nature of his relationship with ET, yet she assisted in taking the girl to church with them ect... No way am I buying the bold'd statement JMO.

I'm wondering where JC was and how did she get there if TC took the only car she could drive.

I'm wondering where JC was and how did she get there if TC took the only car she could drive.

Just guessing here. 1. Maybe she had to work (work day for teachers and admins but not students?) and carpooled with a co-worker. (Or worse, TC dropped her off at work and then took her car.) 2. Their kids are grown, maybe she was spending time with one of her daughters and the daughter picked her up. IMHO.
:cow:

Is it possible he paid in advance with a Money Order? He mailed it to the owner, therefore, identification was not needed and the owner never met him?

IMO he isn't renting in the classiest neighborhood. More than likely it is in a desolate place or an area where everyone has something to hide and keeps to themselves. OR someone is helping him. With all the supporters he has in his hometown, it may even be one of them who has access to a vacation home.

Just guessing here. 1. Maybe she had to work (work day for teachers and admins but not students?) and carpooled with a co-worker. (Or worse, TC dropped her off at work and then took her car.) 2. Their kids are grown, maybe she was spending time with one of her daughters and the daughter picked her up. IMHO.
:cow:

For a couple to own a car that only one of them could drive is a sign of control. TC's life is now out of his control and that is scary. I hope and pray they find this girl safe.

I wonder if someone who lives in the area can confirm if this is a practice. I have gone from Virginia to Union Station in DC to NYC, New Jersey, Philadelphia, without showing ID. But I have never paid cash, always credit card.
My boyfriend takes Amtrak from NC to NYC fairly often and says he has had to show his every trip at some point. He also says to add that he is "a brown guy" so that might make a difference. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

I believe they got a lot stricter with this rule after an incident. I used to work for a nonprofit who had a board member with an intellectual disability. We used to buy her train tix for board meetings. She was all to pieces in one of the trips because, despite reminders from us that she would need her ID, she forgot it. They let her stay on the train once it became obvious to them she had a disability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rs/bbm

In 2014 I successfully boarded a plane in Oklahoma City (accompanied by my nine year old daughter), using nothing but a prescription medication bottle I had in my bag. The tickets were pre-paid on line, (purchased by my son who was stationed on Fort Sill OK). I had lost my ID at the airport somehow, and I was completely shocked when airport officials asked me if I happened to have any prescription medications in my purse, I whipped out my heart rate controller med, they took a look at the label, and we were passed through boarding with no further questions.

Interesting. In 2013, I lost my drivers license a few days before flying. Not enough time to get a replacement. I had my birth certificate and an expired license with me and they did let me through but had to get a supervisor to sign off on it coming and going.

Apologies for the double post, but her sister said taking her sisters' clothes was normal.

But she never described the bathing suit.....if they DO hit the beach, that description could be very helpful. JMO

Just went to Walmart. Security cameras to the left and right of entrance at cart corral.

uploadfromtaptalk1492292812533.jpg

Just went to Walmart. Security cameras to the left and right of entrance at cart corral.

View attachment 115044

I checked out the parking lot of the Walmart closest to me, and sure enough, there were two RVs parked toward the back of the store near the loading dock.

bbm

Somethings do not compute, that are being "reported". JC even asked tad what was the nature of his relationship with ET, yet she assisted in taking the girl to church with them ect... No way am I buying the bold'd statement JMO.

I am "buying" every single word JC has said 100%. Been there, done that.... only it wasn't my "marital unit", it was our son in law whom we loved like he was our own son. He left our daughter (who was pregnant with their 4th child at the time) for a girl who worked for him and had just turned 18 years old! He was 34. Every single solitary person who knew him was in disbelief, including our daughter. He to this day will not speak to any our family (my parents, sisters, etc who ALL adored him and he felt the same SO WE THOUGHT. He left Christmas 2010 and now has 3 children with the "girl" (who is now 24 yo & stepmom to my grandies). Whew.... sorry for being so wordy. This was a horrid time on our lives.... so shocked, confused, worried about our daughter and grandies. I can only begin to imagine the pain TC is causing JC and their offspring. Truly hurts my heart.

My boyfriend takes Amtrak from NC to NYC fairly often and says he has had to show his every trip at some point. He also says to add that he is "a brown guy" so that might make a difference. Lol.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

I've taken the Amtrak to and from NYC several times and never been asked to show my ID, although they tell you to be ready to show it. I've also never seen anyone else be asked for ID. Maybe they're stricter on interstate trips?

IMO it's possible to do many things without showing ID, but there's a difference between happening to get the lax clerk who doesn't ask, and knowing for sure you won't be asked. Or taking the risk that whoever's looking at your ID won't recognize your name.

ETA: Train or bus also means they would have to risk being in public for several hours, exposed to lots of other travelers. Plus lots of security cameras and the news usually playing on a TV in the waiting area. Riskier than driving, IMO.

I checked out the parking lot of the Walmart closest to me, and sure enough, there were two RVs parked toward the back of the store near the loading dock.

Eeeks. While in the store was taking pics of security cameras, and the ones at exit, that were just like those at entrance. We walked to the car and i was like :copcar: , perhaps not allowed to photo.

Step on the gas! The cops have been called as someone thinks I am casing the joint.

:giggle: :blush:

Have you guys seen this? I thought JC reported him missing around 12:30pm that day. If so he only was missing for approx. 4 or 5 hours. Do I have the time table wrong?

The morning Cummins and Thomas disappeared, Cooper says Cummins left a note for his wife, Jill, while she was out of the house.“He left a note at the house basically saying, I’m going somewhere for a few days and I’ll be back,’ ” Cooper tells PEOPLE. “He left the note knowing that she wouldn’t be home until the evening. So that automatically gave him eight hours of a head start.”
Cooper could not comment on where Cummins said he was going but said it was not normal for him to travel alone or to leave his wife notes.
“They were rarely apart,” Cooper says of the pair, who have been married for 31 years, though Jill recently filed for divorce. “I think that she thought everything was as normal as could be.”
https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/apos...210436265.html

JMO

Jill Cummins was working that day and normally would not have come home until her work day was over. I think she may have come home during her lunch time since she thought TC would be back from his supposed job interview and she wanted to ask him how it went. Cooper states, “He left the note knowing that she wouldn’t be home until the evening. So that automatically gave him eight hours of a head start.” I think he means that TC left the note believing that JC would not be home until after work and so TC believed he would have an eight hour head start.

Which makes me wonder if they headed to southern Utah where polygamy isn't uncommon and they might be protected by a community that doesn't seem child brides or multiple marriages as odd.

When I rent a car, it's always "driver's license and credit card". You cannot get on an airplane without a picture ID, and the airport people seem to prefer driver's licenses.

RSBM

Just this morning I had to show picture ID at the radiologist, along with my insurance card.

What places did the HOSA group go? They went on fieldtrips, right? Usually these groups go to a few of the same places every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand