Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #15 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If ET is not wanting to see her family or is reluctant to, I am not sure it is because she is angry with them. Sometimes it is just difficult to go back after a major event like this and she may feel very uncomfortable especially knowing they know everything now.

Could be. I guess we will have to wait for an explanation, or hopefully a reunion soon.

Hard core counselling will help bring some perspective to ET. Hoping this happens

Any word on whether Mr. Barry is going to get the reward money? He should.

First thing this morning, his coworker that was offering reward said the check to California for $10,000 was on its way fyi imo

IMO ET likely was detaching from Family during the grooming process alone. I cant imagine what effect he has had on her all those minutes, hours and days he had her. Long road ahead but she can do this!

I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't want to reunite with her family right now. They had a lot of time to discuss the "what if's" and I'm sure TC filled her head with many ideas. I just hope she doesn't run away on her own now.

IMO ET likely was detaching from Family during the grooming process alone. I cant imagine what effect he has had on her all those minutes, hours and days he had her. Long road ahead but she can do this!

She's also 15 and may be worried she's in trouble. Kids avoid confrontations.

HLN reporter Burt Scott Staggs says it should not say TBI moving ET around and not "allowing" family to see her.

So it appears as though its not TBI keeping them apart OR the reporter doesn't know who yet.

Re: the money -

I think he was broke...think about it. He has been on the move constantly for the better part of a month. Driving out of his way to avoid being seen (evidence of this is going to Guymon). All that driving costs gas.

Add in hotel rooms, camp fees, etc.

Then add in food. Say $20 a day for fast food....then add in various Walmart trips.

It all adds up. If he wasn't broke, then he certainly was close.
I live in San Francisco. If they came through this area, they could have blown through a lot of money in just a day or two.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

She reportedly DID tell her sister to call authorities if she hadn't returned by 6,though. So she must have been wavering at the time. That was a long time ago in her young life though. It may be that once she was trapped, she felt that there was no turning back. Imagine how she must feel about the school and the townspeople and HIS family. She probably feels like they see her as a villain, because of they way she was treated and he reinforced her feeling that way. JMO

She reportedly DID tell her sister to call authorities if she hadn't returned by 6,though. So she must have been wavering at the time. That was a long time ago in her young life though. It may be that once she was trapped, she felt that there was no turning back. Imagine how she must feel about the school and the townspeople and HIS family. She probably feels like they see her as a villain, because of they way she was treated and he reinforced her feeling that way. JMO

Good point. And everyone that knew TC before basically fawn all over him, he's engaging, he's kind blah blah blah, so we can imagine the number he did on her for 40 days.

I cant even begin to imagine the emotions ET is experiencing. She has been let down in so many ways by so many in her young life. And that's just putting it politely! Trust takes time to build and can be ripped apart in an instant. Her Mother failed her, School and Tad. Lord only knows if there are many others we just don't know about.

I think it's possible TBI is throwing the media off. In my case, they were RELENTLESS. I'm still shocked at how quickly they were able to track me down (while I was actually with the DA). LE is going to do everything they can to keep this reunion private. I feel even more strongly about this after reading that the family has been told to go to different locations. I don't doubt ET may have mixed feelings, to put it lightly. But I'm certain the media is doing everything they can to find out where everyone is headed. This kind of situation tends to be pretty complicated.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I cant even begin to imagine the emotions ET is experiencing. She has been let down in so many ways by so many in her young life. And that's just putting it politely! Trust takes time to build and can be ripped apart in an instant. Her Mother failed her, School and Tad. Lord only knows if there are many others we just don't know about.

I bet very conflicted about TC, she witnessed him being arrested and taken away and he was all she knew and had at that moment.

I can't imagine being the daughters of TC right now. Growing up, the sheriff in our town (UGH) was arrested and convicted of molesting his daughters. It set off panic in our small community. He had such access to children through his job and friends of his daughters. If I were his daughter, I would b thinking of my friends as a teenager. I would be so worried that he could have been inappropriate toward them. The shock, fear, betrayal, and humiliation must be staggering.

I'm wondering if she ever DID speak on the phone yesterday with anyone in her family. Remember, they were supposed to be part of the presser but were not because they had not spoken with her. Wanted to wait to make a statement, and no statement ever came. Hmmm. JMO

I'm wondering if she ever DID speak on the phone yesterday with anyone in her family. Remember, they were supposed to be part of the presser but were not because they had not spoken with her. Wanted to wait to make a statement, and no statement ever came. Hmmm. JMO

Per a friend of the family (is that a valid source?), no they did not. That the debriefing took longer than expected.

All the trolls are popping up on the msm, commenting their vile support of this monster.
She and her family need to move as far away from this as they can. She is a 15 year old sexual assault victim and will have some tough years ahead even with full support of her family. Every relationship she has will be compared to this one. She will look for love in all the wrong places with all the wrong people.
These idiots that are supporting this monster will make even harder for her and her family.

I don't understand how anyone can think a 15 year old girl is more responsible than a 50 year old man.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

I give up...there's a press release from the family attorney on twitter that's being circulated by the media. I can't post it here for whatever reason.

It's not in the written article, but is in the attached video, that Chandler (ex-coworker with TC) will be sending the reward check to California for $10,000.

http://wkrn.com/2017/04/21/nashville-native-helped-lead-police-to-tad-cummins-elizabeth-thomas/

To who?

'It was an intense situation,' Lt Behr Tharsing, of the Siskiyou County Police, told Good Morning America on Friday. 'She was laughing, she was crying, she was kind of an emotional rollercoaster as you can imagine.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-bust-Amber-Alert-teacher.html#ixzz4etc9OJ00
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Can you imagine how confused she must be? It's likely that coming from a large family, she didn't get a lot of adult attention. Here was an adult giving her the attention and praise she likely craved. And she was an insecure teen, because she was a teen and most are insecure, but also because she had been abused previously and was being bullied at school. Yet here was this man telling her how beautiful she was and what power she had over him to make him be in love, etc. That must have been heady, super flattering stuff.

But her reported conduct in hiding from him, seeking scared of him at times and telling her sibling to find her if he didn't come back the same day, show her gut was telling her this guy is bad news. That the situation wasn't right.

How confusing.

And it appears he used his role as an authority figure over her to control her as well, threatening "consequences" if she didn't meet up with him.

It must be so surreal and conflicting for the poor kid.

amber-alert-for-elizabeth-thomas-and-tad-cummins-a18cf05c8f216116.png

http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/index.ssf/2017/04/amber_alert_elizabeth_thomas_f.html

The cabin is located in a remote area of the county, two hours away from the sheriff's office. Authorities had a difficult time getting to the cabin, as there was snow on the ground.

Officials note in the affidavit that not all evidence and information about the incident is included in public court records. "Because this affidavit is being submitted for a limited purpose, I have set forth only those facts necessary to establish probable cause for the offense, except where otherwise indicated, all statement referred to herein are set for in substance and in part, rather than verbatim and in full."

That's good. I'm glad only what's needed is being released at this time.

To no one in particular: can we please stop asking if MCET went along willingly? She is 15. There is no "willingly." I could scroll and roll no longer.

My God, THANK YOU!!!

All the trolls are popping up on the msm, commenting their vile support of this monster.
She and her family need to move as far away from this as they can. She is a 15 year old sexual assault victim and will have some tough years ahead even with full support of her family. Every relationship she has will be compared to this one. She will look for love in all the wrong places with all the wrong people.
These idiots that are supporting this monster will make even harder for her and her family.

I don't understand how anyone can think a 15 year old girl is more responsible than a 50 year old man.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

I've had to stop scrolling down enough for comments. The amount of local people commenting makes me furious and worried for her. (But makes how all this could have happened so very clear.) I can't say much more about it, other than you could rake me over hot coals before I'd live there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xtension