Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #15 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would it be appropriate for a guardian ad litem to be appointed for ET at this time if she is the one not wanting to see her family? Or if law enforcement thinks she shouldn't for whatever reason? Not saying that's what is going on at all... I just feel so badly fr this child and wonder if she might find it easier to reintegrate with the family in the current situation if there was someone neutral involved getting her the mental, emotional help she is sure to need. This question is also not a reflection on the family, just on the situation.

Would it be appropriate for a guardian ad litem to be appointed for ET at this time if she is the one not wanting to see her family? Or if law enforcement thinks she shouldn't for whatever reason? Not saying that's what is going on at all... I just feel so badly fr this child and wonder if she might find it easier to reintegrate with the family in the current situation if there was someone neutral involved getting her the mental, emotional help she is sure to need. This question is also not a reflection on the family, just on the situation.

She is with her family now and I'm sure there was an advocate that flew home with her. How that transition happened we'll probably never know but it sounds like she will get the help she needs. idk

She's with her family now.

I see where you're coming from. I guess it's just me. I don't know - I'm imagining being 15 and my dad's attorney saying I look 12. JMO

and not only that, but the use of a little child, little girl. She is a teenager, almost 16. That would bother me, too at that age. That makes it sound like she is so juvenile. I understand why he would say it that way, as words can manipulate thoughts, but I wished he would have referenced things differently.

IMOO.

Want to preface my thought with this first: ET is a victim and was possibly groomed for months by this predator. She doesn't have the capacity either emotionally, mentally, or legally to consent to anything as an adult. She's just a child. But, there may be part of her that thought of this as an adventure before it happened - based on her IG and accounts from others. After a month of not having to go to school, deal with siblings, deal with other people - it may be hard for her to transition back into an ordinary life. We know horrible things likely occurred and she likely built up defenses to survive- but even still, it may be hard to separate the child-like dream of getting away from it all from what was really happening.

I didn't see this posted, but maybe I missed it.

http://www.columbiadailyherald.com/...from-family-after-elizabeth-thomas-found-safe

“Then, there was my dad later. I am not good around people who are crying. I don’t know how to comfort them or what to say. My dad was crying, but I wasn’t sure. Should I cry? Or should I comfort him. I couldn’t help it. I cried.”

Elizabeth Thomas has two sisters, Sarah and Neda, and one brother, Josh, at Culleoka Unit School. They have attended class nearly every day since Thomas went missing. An Amber Alert was sounded for Thomas on March 14.

“I was the last family member to see her before she disappeared,” Sarah said. “She told me, ‘If I am not home by 6 p.m., call the police.’”

April 21

FBI officials arrived at the Siskiyou County Sheriff’s Department around 8:30 a.m. local time on April 21 with a federal warrant to take custody of Cummins, superseding all local charges in Tennessee and possible charges in California.
Cummins is in the custody of the FBI and is expected to be taken back to Tennessee. http://abcnews.go.com/US/tenn-teach...ationship-student-elizabeth/story?id=46935358

"We are so thankful that they have both been found safe," Daphne Quinn, Tad Cummins' sister, told NBC News. "And we are incredibly grateful to the tipster who is responsible for finding them."

Jill Cummins, Ashlee Conner, and Erica Osborne. Cummins' estranged wife and daughters, released a statement on Friday saying they are happy ET[redacted name] will be returned to her family. The family said they did not have any comment or opinion about what should happen to Cummins.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ribes-tad-cummins-suspicious-behavior-n749281

The cabins are located some 200 yards away from a not-fully running "saloon," which houses a working phone, indoor plumbing and electricity for the rural property. ABC News was told that Monk also has a working phone in his personal cabin.

The saloon in Cecilville has a gas pump and a small fridge with water and energy drinks for purchase using the honor system -- a cash box kept inside the fridge.

A few other cabins and run-down homes sparsely scatter the rural property.

Cecilville is a remote area with little to no cell phone service in Siskiyou County. It's located more than two hours away from the nearest town of Yreka, via a windy mountain road, and nearly 2,500 miles away from E's home in Tennessee. http://abcnews.go.com/US/inside-isolated-cabin-elizabeth-thomas-tad-cummins-found/story?id=46934143

She is with her family now and I'm sure there was an advocate that flew home with her. How that transition happened we'll probably never know but it sounds like she will get the help she needs. idk
Yes, and likely more than just one expert in this area. I cannot stress enough that LE does not take these situations lightly. And my experience was as someone who was a few years older. ET is a minor. I am positive there's a lot of professional support around her.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Want to preface my thought with this first: ET is a victim and was possibly groomed for months by this predator. She doesn't have the capacity either emotionally, mentally, or legally to consent to anything as an adult. She's just a child. But, there may be part of her that thought of this as an adventure before it happened - based on her IG and accounts from others. After a month of not having to go to school, deal with siblings, deal with other people - it may be hard for her to transition back into an ordinary life. We know horrible things likely occurred and she likely built up defenses to survive- but even still, it may be hard to separate the child-like dream of getting away from it all from what was really happening.

Yes. All of it will be hard. He might even have her blaming her family for it not being the adventure he promised. That part of the grooming process is so sickening. He needed her to believe this would be an adventure. If she knew it would be a month on the run in cheap motels, the car, and tiny barely functioning cabins...he'd have never been able to convince her. He had her believing the fantasy. Coming back from that, is hard. He messed with her head so thoroughly it's just frightening. (All JMO.)

Good point. And everyone that knew TC before basically fawn all over him, he's engaging, he's kind blah blah blah, so we can imagine the number he did on her for 40 days.

Everyone that knew him only knew the person he pretended to be. They were all brainwashed/manipulated by TC.
IMO

I can't imagine being the daughters of TC right now. Growing up, the sheriff in our town (UGH) was arrested and convicted of molesting his daughters. It set off panic in our small community. He had such access to children through his job and friends of his daughters. If I were his daughter, I would b thinking of my friends as a teenager. I would be so worried that he could have been inappropriate toward them. The shock, fear, betrayal, and humiliation must be staggering.

Rightly so I would imagine.
I do question his past interactions with young girls. He would have access to them through his children. Now that they ate grown, his classroom was his source of "supply" IMO
Can a guardian ad litem be appointed anyway?
I am thinking that I have heard of cases where they were.
I could be wrong

MOO

Good point. And everyone that knew TC before basically fawn all over him, he's engaging, he's kind blah blah blah, so we can imagine the number he did on her for 40 days.

Imo he could very well have convinced her that he did all this kidnapping, etc. for HER benefit. That's how slimy he is to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brain kind of slow today, but just had a thought: I hope the perp had a vasectomy or took precautions!!!

Yes. All of it will be hard. He might even have her blaming her family for it not being the adventure he promised. That part of the grooming process is so sickening. He needed her to believe this would be an adventure. If she knew it would be a month on the run in cheap motels, the car, and tiny barely functioning cabins...he'd have never been able to convince her. He had her believing the fantasy. Coming back from that, is hard. He messed with her head so thoroughly it's just frightening. (All JMO.)

Thing is, we don't know how she felt about the trip. We don't know how she felt about the motels, car and cabin.
I do agree, he messed with her head, though.

IMOO.

I've had to stop scrolling down enough for comments. The amount of local people commenting makes me furious and worried for her. (But makes how all this could have happened so very clear.) I can't say much more about it, other than you could rake me over hot coals before I'd live there.

This might be an excellent time for the entire town to do some soul searching. They won't, but they should.

Have you ever noticed how reluctant people are to admit they were dead wrong about someone? They act like it's a character flaw instead of learning what they can from the situation. Imo, that's what is happening with the Anthonys and with this town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thing is, we don't know how she felt about the trip. We don't know how she felt about the motels, car and cabin.
I do agree, he messed with her head, though.

IMOO.

No, of course we don't know. That's why I specified "All JMO." It's just my opinion that he built it up into something that was fantastical.

I didn't see this posted, but maybe I missed it.

http://www.columbiadailyherald.com/...from-family-after-elizabeth-thomas-found-safe

“Then, there was my dad later. I am not good around people who are crying. I don’t know how to comfort them or what to say. My dad was crying, but I wasn’t sure. Should I cry? Or should I comfort him. I couldn’t help it. I cried.”

Elizabeth Thomas has two sisters, Sarah and Neda, and one brother, Josh, at Culleoka Unit School. They have attended class nearly every day since Thomas went missing. An Amber Alert was sounded for Thomas on March 14.

“I was the last family member to see her before she disappeared,” Sarah said. “She told me, ‘If I am not home by 6 p.m., call the police.’”

So, Dr. Phil has stepped up. Maybe that is a good thing, probably at no cost. And his contacts are probably pretty good people. But, not saying anyone would, she should not be exploited by anyone. I am not sure this is coming out like I mean it to, so I will just shut up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexisboyd