Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #15 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I see what they meant by "unfinished". The inside walls are not done; it's like a garage. They must have been really cold.

Deplorable place for that little girl to be hidden away from the world. No Tv, no cell, no radio, no internet all the things girls her age like to do. No connection to the outside world her family and everyone that loves her. Poor thing what did she do all day inside that cabin with that monster? Maybe read.

What if she had an emergency situation and needed immediate treatment? Police were two hrs away what about paramedics? Fire dept? He didn't care one iota about her not even in a daughter sense.

I hope he rots. This is the wonderful life he offered her? I think he lied about where he was taking her to begin with. I think the bathing was for his own perverted pleasure. He makes me sick.

Deplorable place for that little girl to be hidden away from the world. No Tv, no cell, no radio, no internet all the things girls her age like to do. No connection to the outside world her family and everyone that loves her. Poor thing what did she do all day inside that cabin with that monster? Maybe read.

What if she had an emergency situation and needed immediate treatment? Police were two hrs away what about paramedics? Fire dept? He didn't care one iota about her not even in a daughter sense.

I hope he rots. This is the wonderful life he offered her? I think he lied about where he was taking her to begin with. I think the bathing was for his own perverted pleasure. He makes me sick.
Exactly they were about 2 hours away from help. With next to no phone service. Definitely unsafe conditions. IMO

MOO

Oh totally agree and that was just my first thought. Actually my first thought was the garbage and coke bottles:).

I thought it was a finished cabin until seeing the picture. It's still looks under construction to me and I think it will be really cool when finished. My comment had zero to do with the caretaker owner or anyone, my apologies if it implied that.

You did not, and just because you can't do math does not mean you don't have a heart, IMO. :heartbeat:

Exactly they were about 2 hours away from help. With next to no phone service. Definitely unsafe conditions. IMO

MOO

Do we know if they had phones with them?

There was a land line at the saloon 200 yards away from one article I read.

I'm in no way saying the conditions were ideal by the way.

Do we know if they had phones with them?

There was a land line at the saloon 200 yards away from one article I read.

I'm in no way saying the conditions were ideal by the way.

There is a land line at the saloon and the owner, "Monk", has a land line in his cabin.

I agree that much of the money more than likely went for food. It's not cheap eating out three meals a day. I'm sure they got much of their food at drive though's to limit the amount of time going into actual store's/restaurant's.

Also remember, ET has wheat and tomato allergies.....so that limits their fast food choices, as well, and could be a bit pricier than $5 Little Caesar's pizza or a burger.....

Also, they were gone for 37 (?) days.....that is about $120 a day...food, gas, clothing, lodging, personal care items, etc. That would go fast even with good planning and much frugality.

And I do not think TC exhibited either....

Also, I am so gagged out by his mugshot. And actually, every other picture of him. Nasty, nasty man. That poor child. :(

April 21

FBI officials arrived at the Siskiyou County Sheriff’s Department around 8:30 a.m. local time on April 21 with a federal warrant to take custody of Cummins, superseding all local charges in Tennessee and possible charges in California.
Cummins is in the custody of the FBI and is expected to be taken back to Tennessee. http://abcnews.go.com/US/tenn-teach...ationship-student-elizabeth/story?id=46935358

"We are so thankful that they have both been found safe," Daphne Quinn, Tad Cummins' sister, told NBC News. "And we are incredibly grateful to the tipster who is responsible for finding them."

Jill Cummins, Ashlee Conner, and Erica Osborne. Cummins' estranged wife and daughters, released a statement on Friday saying they are happy ET[redacted name] will be returned to her family. The family said they did not have any comment or opinion about what should happen to Cummins.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ribes-tad-cummins-suspicious-behavior-n749281

The cabins are located some 200 yards away from a not-fully running "saloon," which houses a working phone, indoor plumbing and electricity for the rural property. ABC News was told that Monk also has a working phone in his personal cabin.

The saloon in Cecilville has a gas pump and a small fridge with water and energy drinks for purchase using the honor system -- a cash box kept inside the fridge.

A few other cabins and run-down homes sparsely scatter the rural property.

Cecilville is a remote area with little to no cell phone service in Siskiyou County. It's located more than two hours away from the nearest town of Yreka, via a windy mountain road, and nearly 2,500 miles away from E's home in Tennessee. http://abcnews.go.com/US/inside-isolated-cabin-elizabeth-thomas-tad-cummins-found/story?id=46934143

200 yards away? Guess MSM and myself assumed it was saloon in town that has been in MSM.

200 yards away? Guess MSM and myself assumed it was saloon in town that has been in MSM.

Ah, that's the link I was looking for.

Apparently, there are TWO "saloons", one in "town" and the smaller, not fully running one?

The media are really putting Cecilville on the map, so to speak.

Not sure this has been posted yet. More details
Ah, that's the link I was looking for.

Apparently, there are TWO "saloons", one in "town" and the smaller, not fully running one?

The media are really putting Cecilville on the map, so to speak.

It's a dump, currently IMO. I'm sure it will be great finished, but it's not.

It's a castle and refuge for some folks that need shelter.

Glad that the property owner had such for those that do not need more. Shelter....

It is what it is, and so glad they saw it as such.

It is a long process and isn't always as effective as one would like. Deprogramming takes MUCH longer than the grooming process. Essentially, separation from the threat comes first, then establishing a safe place and easy rapport with a therapist and finally allowing the processing by the victim to occur while attempting to reintegrate her back into her family. In situations with younger people, the full realization of being taken advantage of does not come to pass until years into adulthood. It is an ongoing process and will take great effort by a competent professional or team of professionals and complete buy-in of her family. (I've been a mental health nurse for 22 years, 5 additional years with specialty in adolescents)

I appreciate your thoughtful and informative response. Thank you!

When they were still missing, I was concerned that if cornered by LE, ET would stand with TC and possibly put herself in harms way to protect him (vomit). And pig that he is, he would probably let her.

I am so relieved she was recovered in a non-violent manner. She has lived through enough violence and degradation. More than enough.

It saddens me that her road is long; she has not even healed from the abuses inflicted by her 'mother', and now TC has preyed upon her in the most despicable way. I hope that she one day can find "normal" love with an appropriate partner.

I do have concerns, however for ET's return to that community. Shame on anyone, child or adult, who has been posting victim blaming comments on news articles. They all appear to be local, and TC seems to have garnered support. Sickening. It smacks of cultures where rape victims are stoned to death for being 'impure'. :mad:

I hope that ET can find safe haven away from the villagers and their pitchforks.

Sorry for the rant. :(

I keep hearing there was snow on the ground but none of the cabin photos or surrounding areas depict this. So I wonder if there was really any snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Susielarios