Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #15 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope, at a minimum, they will screen the mail she receives. After reading so many comments on social media placing her at fault in the situation and the very specific personal details of what has most likely happened to her while with TC it seems to me there is a huge risk here for ET to be victimized yet again by members of the community. I don't think the potential for good would outweigh the potential for harm here. It seems, in my opinion, this child needs sheltering while she begins the process of recovery from this trauma.

This!^^^^

Sorry, but I am kind of shocked that the family has opened up such an obvious avenue for more public access to this poor girl. :(

MOO, but she needs privacy and protection from the public. Comments on MSM articles tell me loud and clear that ET is a target for mean spirited people.

I hope I am wrong, but my heart is worried for ET. She needs less exposure, not more.

Sort of odd to me that investigators jumped to some rather unseemly conclusions about coconut oil. It's a staple in our house. Great for many things.

One thing I do wonder though is if either of the two recently got tattoos. I have a friend who owns a tat shop and he tells his clients to use coconut oil as part of routine aftercare.

I don't think they were jumping to unseemly conclusions. I think they are looking for any and all evidence to help make the charges stick.

Also if the coconut oil wasn't near the food or stove, it makes perfect sense they would think it was for something other. For example they took the KY (so LE doesn't even need to think of weird unseemly conclusions with that find alone), what if the coconut oil was right next to the KY? (of course I'm making up a scenario I have no idea).

I can't for the life of me figure out why they would care what the coconut oil was used for with the exception of evidence they need to help with evidence charging TC.

I mean they could want things they purchased while on the run to establish a timeline as another poster mentioned above? They could have receipts from WM of purchases and want those items I guess for evidence.

Maybe Tad was trying the coconut oil remedy for hair loss. :angel:

There are food allergies and food intolerance of varying degree. Lots and lots of people conflate the two, eg calling a lactose intolerance a "milk allergy," when they are not the same at all. One is rare and can cause very strong general reactions; and lactose intolerance can vary from mild gas after drinking over a quart of milk a day, to serious gastric upset from a few ounces

Interestingly most people with wheat allergies outgrow them by puberty or before.

Do we know for certain she had an allergy, and what is the source of the information?

I believe if ET worked at Chik Fil A she would have come into contact with products containing gluten. So I don't think it was a life threatening condition for her?

And SF is 19% more than LA.
Berkeley is nice and has really good food, lots of gluten free but it's not cheap.
Parking is expensive.
You can blow through a few hundred a day on food and lodging, easy.

I have found that produce is much cheaper in California grocery stores than in Alabama. But housing...housing in Berkeley? My daughter lived there and it was ridiculous. I have a feeling that is where they went through the last of their money quickly. I cannot imagine why they even hung around such an expensive area.

Sort of odd to me that investigators jumped to some rather unseemly conclusions about coconut oil. It's a staple in our house. Great for many things.

One thing I do wonder though is if either of the two recently got tattoos. I have a friend who owns a tat shop and he tells his clients to use coconut oil as part of routine aftercare.

I think the feds were building a case for the warrant. I doubt they knew exactly what some of these items were used for yet. They'll know soon enough, however.

I think the fact that it was listed as seized by LE gives it a more nefarious hue.

Other items are plainly in view and were not taken, nor inventoried.

That commune has a fascinating history. Some interesting, a lot really bad. Apparently it is down to about 30 people.
I wondered when I heard 'commune' if Tad was planning on swapping sexual partners. I don't know If that's part of commune life....

Relax...I doubt she would be able to get a professional tat without ID. :)

You'd think, but my daughter had friends in HS who were sporting sleeve tatts. ��

Like, dye your hair. It grows out. But ink yourself at 15? I shudder to think about the ink I'd have chosen at 15. In fact, at 52, I still have no ink because I was never able to commit. :lol:

Also, despite it being illegal, tatt parlors will ink underaged kids quite often as evidenced by a visit to any HS. :|

There's no way I would let my kid go to that school after what happened.
I hope the school pays the family enough to resettle elsewhere.
That's what I would want.
JMO

Must not be that bad......ET has 3 siblings there.

Just wanted to comment on the Epi-pen and allergies-- 2 of my kids have food allergies and one carries an epi-pen. Most doctors will prescribe an epi-pen for children if they ever have a reaction requiring Benadryl. An Epi-pen does not always mean life threatening allergies. I'd say even more so if the child has good insurance or is on state health insurance like Chip or medicaid. I also want to say that our families allergies to do not dictate where we go or what we do. I wouldn't take their allergies into account as we've dealt with them for so long, I feel confident enough to go anywhere. Heck, I could feed the solely from a convince store at this point in our lives.

Sorry, I know the food thing is probably trivial but it never hurts to have more information for future reference. There are may places across the US where people can safely eat gluten free. Subway (at least on the west coast) has gf bread, prewrapped. They change gloves and wipe down counters. Qdoba and Chiptole are well known for being GF friendly. Red Robin is very GF friendly. To the point where the manager will come out and ensure the food is safe. Five Guys Burger and Fries (at least a few years ago) is safe. Even shelf stable emergency food is GF these days.

I can only speak from personal experience, and from what I know from friends. Many allergy people are hawks when it comes to their triggers. I can spot safe or unsafe food from a mile away. When my oldest was nine she was able to spend an entire week at camp controlling her difficult health issues. In fact the only time in 11 years we've had a slip was when I made a mistake. She never has. So anyway, this is my late-night, rambling way of saying it's entirely possible to live with lots of allergies and health issues without it bothering your every day life.

Relax...I doubt she would be able to get a professional tat without ID. :)

Idk, when my youngest was 16, her older sister got her a first tat, she claimed she was her mom and they showed no ID in Portland, Maine.

Point taken. I will refrain from commenting.

I was simply going by the advice of the mental health professionals who posted.

I am sure her family knows better. Sorry!

I will hope ET is receiving care for her trauma and I will not comment again.
ElleBee..thanks for your comment. I dont think anyone knows what ET is feeling except her. Cards and support might help, but I can see where they might make it worse too. Knowing that everyone knows could be embarassing for her. Having been in a situation not anywhere near as serious myself, I was mortified that others knew. I felt ashamed and didnt want anyone to mention the incident at all. I dont think it is wrong to be cautious when deciding to reach out to a victim. She needs professional help more than anything right now..the rest will come in time.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I think I read that they also had been subject to bullying.

People are jerks.

It seems pretty bad to me, but the parents have had little time to deal with the school issue while ET was missing, IMO.

Just want to chime in and say i am so glad Elizabeth was found and is back where she belongs with family. I agree she will need therapy, and perhaps if she is and feels ready for schoolwork she might possibly be able to be home schooled until she feels ready to go back? Maybe some school assignments could be sent to her if she feels up to it?
I don't know if her family situation would allow them to move because she has siblings at school and parents who would be working, and it does take some planning etc. to relocate. All JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadstrangepod